Old 02-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
eddiechavez1
Human being with feelings

Default No ASIO Drivers Found

I just bought a Soundcraft 22MTK board. I researched this product and my deciding purchase was that it had detailed instructions installing in Reaper. Before I did anything, I update Reaper to its current version: v5.33. Right after, I lost all my plugins. It took me all morning to get Reaper to recognize them. I then connected the Soundcraft board via USB. When I went to change the Driver from Wave to ASIO, the only thing listed was No Audio Drivers Found. I downloaded the Soundcraft Driver and installed it about three times. I tried a different DAW and there was no issues, so that points to Reaper. I rather use Reaper. I've been happy with reaper up until now. The last thing I want to do is purchase another DAW and try and learn it.
eddiechavez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
prezbass

The first thing that comes to my mind is- which OS are you using, and specifically if it's x64 or x86, and the same question for Reaper- x64 or x86?

The reason I ask is that I have found that the ASIO driver really needs to match the OS if there is a choice. I've seen a couple of cases where someone downloaded and installed a 32-bit ASIO driver on a 64-bit OS, and things didn't work right. You might check that to be sure.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
eddiechavez1

Default OS

Thank you prezbas. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. When I updated reaper I made sure I downloaded the Windows 64 bit version. I even tried to download the ASIO4ALL Driver and Reaper didn;t recognize that one either.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
prezbass

Judging from what you've said, I'm 99.9% sure that this isn't a Reaper specific problem. I'm pretty sure that your Windows installation is jacked up- Reaper itself only uses what is properly installed on Windows, and makes no changes to the OS.

My suggestion:
  1. Do not uninstall Reaper.
  2. Uninstall all the drivers you've installed for your Soundcraft.
  3. Uninstall ASIO4All.
  4. Download a copy of CCleaner from Piriform and go to the Registry Tools and have it "fix" all the registry items on your machine.
  5. Download a fresh copy of the Soundcraft drivers and make sure that if there is an option for an x64 version of the driver that you use that one.
  6. Open Reaper and see if it sees your driver now.

If the driver registers itself properly, you shouldn't need ASIO4All at all.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
eddiechavez1

Default ASIO Driver

Thank you prezbass.I will try what you suggested. I thought it was more of a Reaper issue because I installed Presonus Studio One Artist that came with an Interface I had and it recognized the Soundcraft ASIO USB Driver right away. I'll try the steps you sent me and let you know.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Fabian

If some other app takes over your ASIO driver and doesn't release it, Reaper will not be able to see it, I think. So try restarting your computer and start Reaper on a freshly booted machine.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #7
eddiechavez1

Default ASIO Driver

Hi Fabian,

OI installed Presonus Studio One after I tried Reaper multiple times. It was my troubleshooting test to see if it was the ASIO Driver or Reaper.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
Andy Hamm

Make sure that the console is not your default audio device for anything in Windows. I run into this all the time when I connect my laptop to different consoles on the road. Set whatever audio device your computer has natively as the default in Windows and it will free up the console for ASIO.
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #9
eddiechavez1

Default ASIO Driver

Hi Andy. That could be it. The first thing I did was setup up the councle as the Default Record/Playback device. I will check that when I get back to the studio tonight. Thank you
Old 02-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #10
eddiechavez1

Default ASIO Driver

I tried what you all suggested and Reaper still says No ASIO Drivers Found. I did have issues with my Plugins after I updated the latest version. Do you think I should Rollback to an older version and if so, which version would you suggest I try?