Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 02-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #41
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
By design .. the pooled copy you drew just isn't long enough to see the right hand edge point.
But why does it move the point instead of the segment?
Old 02-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #42
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

trying to rename one AI (only one selected) (from r click rename dialog) that is pooled, to a new name changes all the pooled items names too:

expected: change just the one name so it isn't pooled anymore when r-clicking a single AI.

(from the AI properties 'all pooled copies rename' section i'd expect that to rename all the pooled ai's)

or: how i do unpool otherwise?

btw it also seems rather easy to have all/more than one AI selected and yield unexpected tweaks.
locking will probably need to apply in some way to AI's also before it goes wild

Last edited by BenK-msx; 02-13-2017 at 05:27 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #43
mb945

I can't change my envelope like normal. Not sure if this is related to the new Automation Items feature.

Behaviors:

* When editing a project file created in a version before 5.34prex and trying to drag an envelope line up or down it will attempt to adjust the "tension" instead of adjusting the volume. It gives me a different cursor with sideways arrows.

* When I create a new envelope in this same old session file and drag it up/down it will give me the same sideways arrows but it will adjust the volume instead as expected. It will not however respect a time selection and only adjust the part inside the time selection as it did in 5.33.

Please let me know if you need a sample RPP or any other info or if I'm just missing something simple. Thanks!

mb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:09 AM   #44
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb945 View Post
I can't change my envelope like normal. Not sure if this is related to the new Automation Items feature.

Behaviors:

* When editing a project file created in a version before 5.34prex and trying to drag an envelope line up or down it will attempt to adjust the "tension" instead of adjusting the volume. It gives me a different cursor with sideways arrows.

* When I create a new envelope in this same old session file and drag it up/down it will give me the same sideways arrows but it will adjust the volume instead as expected. It will not however respect a time selection and only adjust the part inside the time selection as it did in 5.33.

Please let me know if you need a sample RPP or any other info or if I'm just missing something simple. Thanks!

Mouse modifiers changed. Check them.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:33 AM   #45
bFooz

Spectogram - when using zoom tool with any of its ends inside an item, spectrogram turns on.

bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:44 AM   #46
bFooz

New "Envelope lane -> left drag" is missing some actions for a time selection manipulation. Previously I had this context set the same as the "Track -> left drag" context.

And also a double-click is missing, at least for me.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #47
Anton9

Default Thank ypu

Devs,

Thank you sooo much for allowing ultra high frequencies in AI LFO.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #48
Gianfini

Hi, I saw the LFO options and they seem pretty basic to me. There are scripts that are already more flexible/complete than that (see attached).

I believe (and would suggest) that if Reaper embeds an LFO function it should be natively on par or better than what we already have as scripts..

Just my thoughts (hope at leat I'll still be able to keep using that script on the AI)

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #49
Anton9

Regarding Gianfini's post,

I too would love to see those abilities added to AI LFO or at least allow scripts to influence the AI (hopefully this can be done without requiring scripters to update their scripts?)

Also, currently SWS extension envelope actions don't work on AIs, so hopefully this can be fixed as well.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #50
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
But why does it move the point instead of the segment?
Ah, that's a bug. Fixed for the next build, thanks for the followup!
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #51
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb945 View Post
Could you post a screenshot of your envelope segment mouse modifiers?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #52
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Spectogram - when using zoom tool with any of its ends inside an item, spectrogram turns on.

If you are zoomed-out and there are no spectrogram reapeaks built, it won't show spectrograms. If you zoom in to a threshold where it realtime-calculates spectrograms, then they become visible. Either rebuild peaks while spectrogram is enabled for this item, or disable spectrograms...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #53
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If you are zoomed-out and there are no spectrogram reapeaks built, it won't show spectrograms. If you zoom in to a threshold where it realtime-calculates spectrograms, then they become visible. Either rebuild peaks while spectrogram is enabled for this item, or disable spectrograms...
Oh, I see. It's reacting to HORIZONTAL zooming.

It could also watch the vertical zoom level and hide spectrum for tracks with small height (like item icons).
Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #54
Anton9

Default Bug

Devs,

Same problem as here, http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=39
but now the extra points are being added to the end of the item.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #55
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Regarding Gianfini's post,

I too would love to see those abilities added to AI LFO or at least allow scripts to influence the AI (hopefully this can be done without requiring scripters to update their scripts?)

Also, currently SWS extension envelope actions don't work on AIs, so hopefully this can be fixed as well.

Thanks
Can't lie.. I would love an envelope for rate too!

Amplitude can kind of be done now by adding in a second envelope item.

but, I do love the rate options we have now as well as they are very useful and get you most of the way there. Just need envelopes if possible as well
Old 02-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #56
uksnowy

What witchcraft is this??? I need this tool. What is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Hi, I saw the LFO options and they seem pretty basic to me. There are scripts that are already more flexible/complete than that (see attached).

I believe (and would suggest) that if Reaper embeds an LFO function it should be natively on par or better than what we already have as scripts..

Just my thoughts (hope at leat I'll still be able to keep using that script on the AI)

g
Old 02-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #57
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
...If you zoom in to a threshold where it realtime-calculates spectrograms, then they become visible. Either rebuild peaks while spectrogram is enabled for this item, or disable spectrograms...

Lightbulb! -re high-res peaks...

This is making sense to me why you were resistant to increase the spectrogram resolution, even per item, I presumed that the spectrogram "peaks" were all precalculated and that the performance hit would be at peak calculation time only. I didn't appreciate that (like nomal waveform peaks) at high zooms, it is calculated live. My apologies for not grasping this fact.

Is it possible to extend the spectrogram peaks file spec to optionally calculate to a higher resolution that operates at all zoom levels please -for requested items only?

I appreciate that this will generate very large peak files, but the need for this would be for specific (usually problem) items only, and would be best invoked per item on demand. Give the user option to release the peak to normal resolution (and free-up the file-space) afterwards and I think it could be workable.

The present prerelease (blanket) method is fantastic and perfect for 90+% of work (my workflow), I'm just trying to defer the need to swap to specialsied tools for most of the remaining problem stuff.

Many thanks for listening.

>
Old 02-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #58
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
What witchcraft is this??? I need this tool. What is it?
I checked ReaPack yeasterday and found this tool there.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #59
musicbynumbers

This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Lightbulb! -re high-res peaks...

This is making sense to me why you were resistant to increase the spectrogram resolution, even per item, I presumed that the spectrogram "peaks" were all precalculated and that the performance hit would be at peak calculation time only. I didn't appreciate that (like nomal waveform peaks) at high zooms, it is calculated live. My apologies for not grasping this fact.

Is it possible to extend the spectrogram peaks file spec to optionally calculate to a higher resolution that operates at all zoom levels please -for requested items only?

I appreciate that this will generate very large peak files, but the need for this would be for specific (usually problem) items only, and would be best invoked per item on demand. Give the user option to release the peak to normal resolution (and free-up the file-space) afterwards and I think it could be workable.

The present prerelease (blanket) method is fantastic and perfect for 90+% of work (my workflow), I'm just trying to defer the need to swap to specialsied tools for most of the remaining problem stuff.

Many thanks for listening.

>