Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
bigbeano
Human being with feelings

Default Can't figure out the settings for Echo Layla 24/96

Yes, I'm still using an Echo Layla 24/96 interface. I've had it for almost 20 years now, but it still works great (at least with my old DAW) so why replace it? Anyway, I'm trying to get it working right with Reaper and I just can't get it figured out. I know the interface is fine as I've since used it with my old software (Adobe Audition, yes I'm slowly trying to get out of the early 00s with my gear).
The problem is this: it will recognize all my inputs/outputs just fine and will record/playback with them, but everything sounds like it is clipped but it is not as I won't touch a thing and try it in my other software and it sounds fine. I immediately thought there was a sample rate, bit rate, or some kind of similar issue but I can't find it. Can anyone provide some guidance or is this unit not fully compatible with Reaper? Thanks in advance.
bigbeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
bigbeano

If anybody is interested for their own purposes, I seemed to have solved the issue. I needed to cut down on the number of available outputs on the ASIO driver selection screen. I originally had all 8 outputs available, but cutting it down to 4 solved the issue for some reason. Not sure why this happens, but I did see something about it on the documentation for the Layla driver (from 2009). That's alright, I only use two outputs anyway.
bigbeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #3
ted

i use 2- 24/96 = 16 tracks, work great here,,, for years....