Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
ron-e-g
Human being with feelings

Default Kontak 5 outputs

Hello, I know I've seen/done this before but can't seem to find it again.
I had set the out puts correctly prior, and save it as track template. Now after some time of not using it, it has changed to when I select either kontak 3, or 5 in temp-lets, it only brings up the host track. Not any of the other tracks. I must be doing something wrong!
Someone please set me straight? Please.

Thanks
ron-e-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-e-g View Post
Hello, I know I've seen/done this before but can't seem to find it again.
I had set the out puts correctly prior, and save it as track template. Now after some time of not using it, it has changed to when I select either kontak 3, or 5 in temp-lets, it only brings up the host track. Not any of the other tracks. I must be doing something wrong!
Someone please set me straight? Please.
Hey Ron, it sounds to me like you might need to make the track templates again. It's really not that hard and can be done fairly quickly.

If you haven't got your outputs set up in Kontakt yet, you'll probably need to do that. I'm not sure about K3, but for K5 you can click on "Kontakt Outputs Video.." in my signature. That will show you how to easily setup 24 outputs in Kontakt.

The way I make my track templates is to select the Kontakt VSTi and all 24 outputs and select "Save tracks as track template. On the first save I'll create a folder for Kontakt, and then save my selected tracks as "Kontakt 5 (24x24)".

Then I'll select Kontakt and 16 outputs and save that as "Kontakt 5 (16x24)".

So on and so forth until in end up with these templates.

Kontakt 5 (04x24)
Kontakt 5 (08x24)
Kontakt 5 (12x24)
Kontakt 5 (16x24)
Kontakt 5 (24x24)

Not only does that give you templates for the various needs, but if you chose a smaller template and decide later you need more outputs, then the outputs are available.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
ron-e-g

Thanks for that Tod. I have Kontak 5 set-up for the multi outs. I just forget how to save it as a template. After selecting the out-puts then going in to remove the extra tracks. I select save as track template then close Reaper. when I re-open it I select insert track from template (I select the one I just named), and it opens with only the one track showing?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-e-g View Post
Thanks for that Tod. I have Kontak 5 set-up for the multi outs. I just forget how to save it as a template. After selecting the out-puts then going in to remove the extra tracks. I select save as track template then close Reaper. when I re-open it I select insert track from template (I select the one I just named), and it opens with only the one track showing?
I think that somehow you're unselecting the tracks you want to save.

No need to remove any tracks, just select the Kontakt VSTi track along with the outputs you want to save and then Right Click on one of the selected tracks and look for "Save tracks as track template" in the menu. If you right click on any track but one of the selected tracks, then the selection will be unselected.

Only the selected tracks will get saved.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
ron-e-g

Thanks Tod. You were spot on. I actually forgot you have to select each track before saving! Got it now.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ron