COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 10-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Caiminatrix
Human being with feelings

Default VST3 Error in Xcode: QuickdrawTypes.h Reference to 'Point' is ambiguous

I'm getting an error building VST3 plugins after trying to set up iPlug for the first time according to Martin Finke's tutorial http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/arti...ing-up-wdl-ol/ in Xcode 4.6.3 on OS X 10.7 with the VST3 3.6.5 SDK and the OS X 10.5 base SDK.

When I try to build the MyFirstPlugin example as a VST3 I get the errors below. There is an ambiguity between the Point and Rect classes found in the VST3 SDK's basefwd.h file and the OS X 10.5 SDK's QuickdrawTypes.h file. AU and VST2 build successfully without errors.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers/QuickdrawTypes.h:253:3: Reference to 'Point' is ambiguous

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/QD.framework/Headers/QuickdrawTypes.h:259:3: Reference to 'Rect' is ambiguous

Clang LLVM 1.0 Error: Too many errors emitted, stopping now

What should I do to resolve this ambiguity error and successfully build the MyFirstPlugin project as a VST3? Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

Last edited by Caiminatrix; 10-14-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Caiminatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
Caiminatrix
Human being with feelings

Default VST3 Error Resolved

I resolved this error by following the instructions in Oli's YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP_z0dAn9c

I downloaded the WDL-OL zip file and started over from scratch. A step I might have missed before was reverting the base.xcodeproj file as mentioned in the VST3_SDK readme.txt

After copying the VST3 SDK files you need to delete base.xcodeproj and use base.xcodeproj from WDL-OL
Caiminatrix is offline   Reply With Quote