Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #481
LugNut
Human being with feelings

Hi,

Sorry my tablet made me paste this on top..from kilinke 12/14

I just released a (quite untested) hack, that allow to use a second hardware unit. But this second extender is totally unsynced to the first, so version 0.6.4 can still be a better solution for people that want to use two units. That depends on the personal workflow.Here is a link to the thread, where this issue is discussed with some more details: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=31

Dam link don't work..its post 413 in this thread..dam tablet!

Hi RD,

Until klinke posts I can tell u what I know. The older version of klinkes supported multiple units. But it doesn't have any of the newer features.
Another but, klinke posted a while back of a version that will do multiple units and have the new features. I think it was untested. And yes that would be at least 2 mcus..i think. I'll look for the link...I think its here earlier in this thread.
As a side note, I admire your sticktoitness as I am painfully aware of the 5.1 d8b fiasco. And man that pro box looks badass! If it would retain the audio portion of the board, I'd buy in a New York second!

Good luck...I'll look for the link.

Here is one from 3/14 on near future plans....but there is another w working mult units....

First, thanks a lot for your donation, philippe.

Regarding the hardware: I got an iPad in the meantime, and DAW Control is a nice working emulation, it should be possible to add the extender-support using this App. What I need is more spare time, and I don't think that I can get this from the manufacturers ;-)

But I have good news: Currently (and most of this and the last year) I use most of my time at home for recording an album. But this will be finished in June, and afterwards the MCU extension will get some love again. And try to add real support for multiple units is one think that I will give a try.

Guido

Last edited by LugNut; 09-16-2014 at 08:07 AM.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #482
Recording Drummer

Default Thank you so much!

You are not kidding about the 5.1 fiasco!!!!!

It's good to be back on the forum and thank you so much! You have always been a big help when I was gasping in d8b/Reaper issues. It turns out that another Reaper user post on the d8b Pro a Box forum. I bet that builds.

Have a great day and I appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks!

RD

BTW .... Who knows if this pro box will have audio functions, that would be amazing! Keep your eye on this guy. He seems to have his stuff together!

Last edited by Recording Drummer; 09-16-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Recording Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #483
Recording Drummer

Default Pro box with audio

Guido,

Look at this.

http://youtu.be/W5BVQuYml2c

He has limited audio, but check this out!

John

RD
Recording Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #484
thunderbroom

Default MCU Pro newbie!

Hi all! Though many of you had been terribly helpful in this process for me, I've uncovered a couple of minor issues that I'd like to sort out with my MCU Pro and Reaper...first:

1) I've not read through Klinke's entire manual yet, though I've been hitting it pretty much every day since my controller came; I've noticed that often, I might be in the middle of a session, listening to playback. On occasion, as I still click around a bit with my trackball, I find that sooner or later the MCU controls stop working. If I use Reapers ply, rew, ff, etc, the MCU's display will show correctly but none of the controls, aside from the faders, operate anymore. Have I done something wrong?

2) I'm one of the minority here, but for my workflow I still prefer to get editing with my trackball controlling FX parameters, the actual tracks themselves and such. I primarily want to use the MCU as a transport, a mix desk, and a router, with more basic mix desk functionality. Is there a way to, for example, not use Klinke's FX Mode or turn it off somehow so I can only use the mixer?

Hope these aren't too softball, but I'm just trying to have this enhance my workflow, not slow it down. And this works for me. Any ideas you all might have would be really appreciated, and I'd be happy to offer any additional information to respond to the questions as well. Thanks in advance for your replies.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #485
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbroom View Post
Have I done something wrong?
I dunno what you've done. If it has all worked OK thus far, notwithstanding the odd mysterious, tantalizing clog up, you must have done it right. Try turning off the LCD meters. Try using Klinke v6 which is still very nice. Try the Reaper native MCU and see how it compares on your system for speed. Try using USB instead of the MIDI din's. Try using the MIDI din's instead of the USB. Try throwing the flamin' thing out the window. Remember this is a MIDI controller, not ethernet or OSC, there's a lot of data travelling back and forth between the MCU and the Reapoid. If you're flailing about rapidly with the mouseball at the same time Reaper will be having to update the MCU with those adjustments as well as the rest of it. For all it's awesomeness Klinke's plug is definitely a tad slower than the baked on support of the other two DAW's I use. If I go lunatic ape fast with it can, very rarely, freeze up for a very short while before clearing itself, though I've yet to see it fail completely. 99.99% of the time it's rock steady over here. In fact, though not a lot of people know this, Klinke's product is so stable he is sometimes referred to as "Rock Steady Eddy" and the users of said .dll as the.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbroom View Post
Is there a way to, for example, not use Klinke's FX Mode or turn it off somehow so I can only use the mixer?
Yes. Under no circumstances hit the PLUGIN button. That way you won't use the FX mode.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #486
thunderbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
I dunno what you've done. If it has all worked OK thus far, notwithstanding the odd mysterious, tantalizing clog up, you must have done it right. Try turning off the LCD meters. Try using Klinke v6 which is still very nice. Try the Reaper native MCU and see how it compares on your system for speed. Try using USB instead of the MIDI din's. Try using the MIDI din's instead of the USB. Try throwing the flamin' thing out the window. Remember this is a MIDI controller, not ethernet or OSC, there's a lot of data travelling back and forth between the MCU and the Reapoid. If you're flailing about rapidly with the mouseball at the same time Reaper will be having to update the MCU with those adjustments as well as the rest of it. For all it's awesomeness Klinke's plug is definitely a tad slower than the baked on support of the other two DAW's I use. If I go lunatic ape fast with it can, very rarely, freeze up for a very short while before clearing itself, though I've yet to see it fail completely. 99.99% of the time it's rock steady over here. In fact, though not a lot of people know this, Klinke's product is so stable he is sometimes referred to as "Rock Steady Eddy" and the users of said .dll as the.....

Yes. Under no circumstances hit the PLUGIN button. That way you won't use the FX mode.

ns
Awesome - well, I guess I just got some more hunting, pecking, and learning to do. Thanks for the refreshing feedback on that. Sometimes I forget that I'm not using my old analog boards anymore in the studio.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #487
Klinke

Quote:
In fact, though not a lot of people know this, Klinke's product is so stable he is sometimes referred to as "Rock Steady Eddy" and the users of said .dll as the.....

Lol, I wish this would be true, but in fact the extension has some issues. But non of them can cause the problem thunderbroom is describing, for me this sounds also really like a hardware (or hardware driver) related problem. @thunderbroom: An additional idea beside the good ones nightscope already described: In the case, that you use a USB-hub, try to connect the MCU directly to your computer.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #488
thunderbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
Lol, I wish this would be true, but in fact the extension has some issues. But non of them can cause the problem thunderbroom is describing, for me this sounds also really like a hardware (or hardware driver) related problem. @thunderbroom: An additional idea beside the good ones nightscope already described: In the case, that you use a USB-hub, try to connect the MCU directly to your computer.
Already plugged in directly; did that from the start. During a late morning mix session, the MCU held it's own quite well. With not using the Plug Maps, and making sure I power up my gear before I boot up my PC, that seems to keep most issues at bay. I'll keep plugging away, until I notice something else. Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #489
Anthony Locke

Hey I gotta question for you. Does this send midi "notes on" on channels 1-9? I ask because My Nano Kontrol2 Keeps playing notes when I hit buttons on the transporter. Is there anyway I can prevent that from happening?

Thanks!

Great work by the way!
Anthony Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #490
Analogue

Default mcu folder & dll

hello all

i downloded mackie control klinke v0.8
it is first time for me i dont know help me plz
where & what adress,i will insert mcu folder & dll after unzip?
Analogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #491
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
where & what adress,i will insert mcu folder & dll after unzip?
Read page 2 of manual.

ns
Old 12-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #492
Analogue

Quote:
Read page 2 of manual.

ns
its not clear for me,if you know,tell me plz
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #493
nightscope

MCU folder & .dll goes in Reaper plugins directory.

ns
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #494
Analogue

Quote:
MCU folder & .dll goes in Reaper plugins directory.

ns
i did,but mackie control klinke.dll not added in prefrences/control surface in reaper
Old 12-13-2014, 03:30 AM   #495
Klinke

Are you using the 64bit version of Reaper? Then you must copy in the .dll from the 64bit folder into the Reaper plugin directory.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #496
Faderjockey

Kline.. Does that mean there is a 64bit version now?
I think last year or so you pointed out when I told you I had crashes everytime I used the undo feature I think you said it had something to do with me running x64 version of Reaper.

Even though once again my MCU faders are acting up even though I had some replaced a while ago..
By the time the undo bug is really fixed my MCU maybe toast.
They built these things like shit.. If our company built our pedals like this we'd be out of business just from all the repairs needed...

Hard to believe on the PC side of DAW There isn't that many good options for controllers...yet there's 10million micpres or hardware boxes..and even more threads on the best one to use...
But as far as controllers it's a thin market.. But honestly probably unsafe market that companies really don't want to waste there time on...
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #497
masphelion

Default Random crashes

Klinke
Best regards to your work. I like your plugin and use it instead of reaper built in when im using android touchdaw controller.
Few last month reaper started to crash occasionaly. And error in log is your dll. im using 64 bit version.

error code

Code:

Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 4.7.5.0, time stamp: 0x545d263e
Faulting module name: reaper_csurf_mcu_klinke_x64.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e93375d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000596b0
Faulting process id: 0x780
Faulting application start time: 0x01d018750cff351d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins\reaper_csurf_mcu_klinke_x64.dll
Report Id: ff5ef8b2-846a-11e4-83ae-1078d28a59d4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
masphelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #498
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by masphelion View Post
Klinke
Best regards to your work. I like your plugin and use it instead of reaper built in when im using android touchdaw controller.
Few last month reaper started to crash occasionaly. And error in log is your dll. im using 64 bit version.
Does the crashes happen when you use the undo-function? Faderjockey reported crashes using the 64 bit version some times ago, and I could reproduce the problem, but didn't found time to look deeper into this issue. The current workaround is to use the 32bit version.

But the good news is that I have released in the meantime the record, that used up all my freetime (in the case that someone is curious about the release: https://rag-rug.bandcamp.com ). There are some other (programming) project that compete against the MCU extension, but I have decided to give the extension now a higher priority, I plan to restart the development after new years day.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #499
garubi

Hi Klinke!
thank you for your awsome job!
I'm starting learning using it with BCR2000 (thanks to the hard work of Nofish here).

As you know, we on the BCR field, doesn't have that shiny display you have on the Mackie.
I know that I can use some third party software to emulate it (and I actually use that included in BC manager) but I'm wonder if in the next release you could
a) implement a reaper windows to emulate the dispaly "natively"
b) or/and implement a way that Reaper can "hook in" the information taht your dll sends back to the Control Surface (and namely the sysex display info") so we can develop on it to do exciting stuff ;-) like (just examples) a JS plugin to emulate the display... or let it available the the reaper_www extension etc

This way we could get rid of virtual midi cable etc...

If you need any clarification I'm here, waiting for you ;-)

Thank you
Stefano

p.s.
On the Nofish thread about its BCR2000 implementation of your plugin we are wondering if and how we could put in use the unused encoders that the BCR2000 have...
Maybe during the Holydays you can find some time to go there and share your knowledge about this topic?
We are there: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=21
garubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #500
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubi View Post
Hi Klinke!
As you know, we on the BCR field, doesn't have that shiny display you have on the Mackie.
I know that I can use some third party software to emulate it (and I actually use that included in BC manager) but I'm wonder if in the next release you could
a) implement a reaper windows to emulate the dispaly "natively"
I thought already about this idea and if the development restart works well, I will give it a try. The extension knows always the text on the display (to optimize the communication between Reaper and the Hardware), so it needs "only" a resizable always on top window and a way to open and close it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubi View Post
p.s.
On the Nofish thread about its BCR2000 implementation of your plugin we are wondering if and how we could put in use the unused encoders that the BCR2000 have...
Maybe during the Holydays you can find some time to go there and share your knowledge about this topic?
We are there: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=21
I checked it, and I see to posabilities, but both need a coordinated action between someone, who does the mapping for the BCR2000 and me:
a) define MIDI-Messages that are not used by the Mackie Control, which are forwarded from the extension to Reaper
b) in the case, that I successfully add support for the extenders: Define MIDI-Messages that are interpreted as 8 faders and 8 encoders from an extender (I'm not sure how easy this can be added, but I will keep it in mind, while I'm working on the extender support).

Happy XMas to all,
Klinke
Old 12-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #501
nofish

Hi Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I thought already about this idea and if the development restart works well, I will give it a try. The extension knows always the text on the display (to optimize the communication between Reaper and the Hardware), so it needs "only" a resizable always on top window and a way to open and close it.
Nice. I would also be very happy about this.

Quote:
I checked it, and I see to posabilities, but both need a coordinated action between someone, who does the mapping for the BCR2000 and me:
a) define MIDI-Messages that are not used by the Mackie Control, which are forwarded from the extension to Reaper
b) in the case, that I successfully add support for the extenders: Define MIDI-Messages that are interpreted as 8 faders and 8 encoders from an extender (I'm not sure how easy this can be added, but I will keep it in mind, while I'm working on the extender support).
Thanks for considering. Feel free to contact me when the time comes, I could imagine going about the BCR mapping then.

Although I see a problem, we BCR users do have unused rotary encoders left, but not push encoders (there are only eight). So to fully get another MCU emulation working (as 'extender') I think we'd need preset switching (to use another set of 8 push encoders) on the BCR which I'm personally not that much into (constantly switching presets on the BCR depending on which 'bank' - MCU or extender- I'm in)*
But these are just my very first thoughts about the news from your side, I haven't checked out at all how a extender actually works. And these are details I think we can rather get to when the whole thing is a bit more in sight.

Thank you.

btw., my intention is not at all to to do this thing alone, so any other BCR users please join in if interested.

*edit:
Forgot that the push encoders also have for banks available within a single BCR preset. Currently they do (Select/Mute/Solo/Marker jump) in my Klinke preset, maybe this can be rearranged. Need further thoughts...

Last edited by nofish; 12-26-2014 at 01:53 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #502
musicbynumbers

excited about you doing more on this Klinke!

I'll be here to test/donate and whatever needs doing
Old 01-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #503
garubi

Hallo Klinke,
sorry for this late reply, but I took a long holiday this year :-)

Thank you for your replay.
I'll read it more in depth later, after I checked all the waiting office e-mail :-(

If providing a virtual display is possible without much work I think it will be very useful and appreciate.

I'm not sure I fully understood the whole mapping and extender part, I'll have to read it again-

Anyway, if you or Nofish need some help in testing or even only in planning I will be glad to help.

Stefano
garubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:48 AM   #504
G-Sun

I have both the faderport and the nanoKontrol2.
Kan I use both as MCU with Klinke?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #505
recai

Default Mapping ZedR16 EQ to Reaper

Hello all,
I may have missed something as this thread is very long ...

I have the ZEDR16 which I use for recording and mixing. I have the faders mapped to Reaper. I would like to map the EQ on the mixer to Reaper EQ plugin.

Is this possible? Please provide some instructions or point me to the instructions.

Thanks Reaper Forum members
recai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #506
Faderjockey

Not sure how that would be possible. I don't own one but pretty sure it's just analog eq. There's no way to control anything with them. They aren't data controllers. Just normal pots in a Eq circuit. Maybe be one thing if that board had total recall which it doesn't. That part of the board just like the mic pres and sends are analog.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #507
recai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
Not sure how that would be possible. I don't own one but pretty sure it's just analog eq. There's no way to control anything with them. They aren't data controllers. Just normal pots in a Eq circuit. Maybe be one thing if that board had total recall which it doesn't. That part of the board just like the mic pres and sends are analog.
Yep, I thought my inquiry was a reach. Anyway, great board (affordable) with a very good DAW. I find EQ mapping is a drawback. If I use EQ plugin will need to use the mouse. Otherwise, I will need to track and dialup and jot down EQ channel settings then create stereo recording for demo playback.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.
from Recai
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 AM   #508
recai

Yep. This is a good group.

What are the limitations with the Mackie MCU Pro with Reaper?
The top two major and minor, form your experience
This is a very long thread and I may have overlooked this item.

i'm making the leap to replace my A&H ZEDR16 with the Mackie MCU Pro and Extension. I've had enough of recalling eq settings on the board and fx settings from external hardware.
Current recording setup: Reaper v4.76/x64 rev.0074d7; Windows 7 64bit; 8Gb memory; Intel i3-2100 cpu@3.10GHz; w/Texas Instrument Firewire chipset; 6-usb 2.0; 2 dbx compressors 166 &266; lexicon mx200; tascam cd-rw900SL

your feedback is much appreciated
Recai Music
Old 01-21-2015, 06:11 AM   #509
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by recai View Post
i'm making the leap to replace my A&H ZEDR16 with the Mackie MCU Pro and Extension.
Quote:
What are the limitations with the Mackie MCU Pro with Reaper?
Main thing is that v8 doesn't support extenders. However, v6, which is still very good, does. The manual for v8 has the main differences documented between v6 & v8 in the first coupla pages somewhere.

ns
Old 01-21-2015, 06:34 AM   #510
recai

Quote:
Main thing is that v8 doesn't support extenders. However, v6, which is still very good, does. The manual for v8 has the main differences documented between v6 & v8 in the first coupla pages somewhere.

ns
you are speaking about the firmware, software or the MCU Pro version when you reference v6 & v8? how do I get v6?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #511
nightscope

Quote:
you are speaking about the firmware, software or the MCU Pro version when you reference v6 & v8? how do I get v6?
Klinke's .dll v6 & v8. The latest firmware for the MCU Pro that Mackie issued was v4.0.3 for the new MCU's. "MCU Firmware v4.0.3 (for updating MCU Pros and XT Pros running Firmware v4.0 and higher)".

Klinke v6.0.4 = https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...nke_v0_6_4.zip

Klinke's stash = https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/

ns
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #512
dixo

Quote:
v6 and v8 (actually v0.6 and v0.8) is referring to the version of the Klinke MCU Extension .dll for Reaper. The 0.6.4 version of the extension still has support for MCU Extenders, the later 0.8 version does not support extenders anymore but offers a lot of additional functionality.

Both versions can be found at:

https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

EDIT: nightscope was faster
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #513
recai

Thank you nightscope and dixo.

So, i am selecting good choice with the MCU Pro for my Reaper setup.
I know all things considered, selecting anything; cars, shoes, electronics and DAW are personal choices. Each person will experience or encounter different obstacle with similar choices.

I'm going to push the "order now" button for the MCU w/Extender pac.

... Whew 4 years of dialing in eq settings on the ZED will come to pass

Thanks again and stay tuned for updates and/or complaints; from the learning curve.
Recai Music
Old 01-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #514
nightscope

Quote:
Thanks again and stay tuned for updates and/or complaints; from the learning curve.
Good luck & bon voyage.

ns

PS. There is no complaints department.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #515
recai

Just one more comment ...

The ZEDR16 is a very good firewire mixer; very compatible with Reaper. So user friendly. I had minor configuration/setup issues in the beginning.
I am holding a going away party for this great firewire mixer, as I search for its new home.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #516
nightscope

Quote:
I am holding a going away party for this great firewire mixer, as I search for its new home.
Hmmm. Doesn't that mixer have a MCU layer built in for controlling DAW's? If it has, have you tried the A&H with Klinke's .dll. You can use products from different companies as extenders. I sometimes use a Berry BCF2000 with Live alongside the MCU for an extra 8 faders. I guess the A&H doesn't have motor faders and V-pots, so maybe not so good for DAW control.

ns
Old 01-21-2015, 07:59 AM   #517
recai

Quote:
Hmmm. Doesn't that mixer have a MCU layer built in for controlling DAW's? If it has, have you tried the A&H with Klinke's .dll. You can use products from different companies as extenders. I sometimes use a Berry BCF2000 with Live alongside the MCU for an extra 8 faders. I guess the A&H doesn't have motor faders and V-pots, so maybe not so good for DAW control.

ns
well according to feedback from a few members of this forum; i raised a similar question, it is not possible for the ZEDR16 to control EQ and FX within the DAW.
No I did not try Klinke's .dll
You have me thinking now, after I received "Thank You for Your Order" confirmation.
What Da ...
No lost, animation using the ZED faders within Reaper is a bit challenging ...
... although ... Hmmm

Any feedback concerning this item? Klinke or Geoff?

Recai Music

Last edited by recai; 01-21-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #518
recai

apology for another post,
I will be receiving the MCU Pro in 5 days. I currently have the ZEDR16.
I'm think I can keep the ZED and use it as my Audio Interface for recording tracks(I love the mic pres and eq), and use the MCU Pro for mixing and automation. I will need an audio interface to record tracks in any event along with the MCU Pro.
Does this sound reasonable or not? Is my thinking on track?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #519
nightscope

Quote:
Does this sound reasonable or not? Is my thinking on track?
Sounds like a plan. If you sell the ZEDR16 you're going to have to buy another interface. Plus you'd lose all the nice goodies in the A&H which you know well and are comfortable with.

ns
Old 02-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #520
recai

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. If you sell the ZEDR16 you're going to have to buy another interface. Plus you'd lose all the nice goodies in the A&H which you know well and are comfortable with.

ns
Thanks nightscope. aploogy for the tardy response. was out of the country due to business travel; Ulm, Germany. I may keep the ZEDR16 for the reason you referenced.
So it is possible to utilize my ZEDR16 firewire mixer as an audio interface for recording input signals; instruments and vocals and utilize the Mackie MCU Pro for automation with Plug-ins and etc., within Reaper, correct?
I will search this forum for documentation or instructions to assist me with the setup.

recai