Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
tagomagomyeggo
Human being with feelings

Default "Overlap" section after split--but only in mute

Hi--I have chosen in the options not to have any crossfading done when I make a split. If the track is unmuted, this looks as you would expect--one clean line dividing the item in two. But if the track or item is muted--whether actively or by dint of other track(s) being soloed, the split is visually different: there is a small section following the split that is darker than the rest of the item. The width of this tiny section stays constant no matter the amount of horizontal zoom, and gives the appearance of some kind of overlap which is a) visually undesirable, cluttered and confusing (I would prefer the one clean line, since that's effectively what I have) and b) mysterious: what does it represent? There is nothing I can discern or guess it to be a representation of, and as far as I can figure, serves zero practical utility. Here is a pic with one track muted and the next not, split at the same points. One item is stereo and one not, but if I were to flip the muted state between the two, the effect would transfer between them. Please help me understand (and hopefully eliminate) this! Thanks.

tagomagomyeggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
tagomagomyeggo
Human being with feelings

Nobody knows? I can't imagine that the answer is so dumb and obvious that it's not worth answering, but it also seems strange that the reason for such a particular and mysterious behavior would be unknown to everyone...thanks for reading, in any case!
tagomagomyeggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
MEMFIS_AKA
Banned

I have a diffirent issue
but...(sorry for the bad translation)

DAW off's the signal on the track (most often it happens on tracks with vocals)
The sound disappears (not mute and does not turn off due to overshooting, all signal levels are 0 on a scale of -18 dbfs)
And begins to lose the couplet, after the moment of cut. (Split Item)
The most interesting thing is that this paskuda does this absolutely chaotic.
I explain - do not play for example 1-9 squares, then after the split all the rules.
And it's worth starting playing again (from the same or another place)
1-9 play, further nicherta does not play. (Indicators are also silent ... there is no switching problem, because the double is sent to the same group sounds great, for examples ... on the screen the master tick is removed as the vocals go to the group)
And it happens that in general is silent.
Help localize the problem.
It was observed with the release of 5.40 ... but Riper behaved well all this time, but here it is direct as an exacerbation has begun, and just at that moment when it is necessary to hand over work.

Postscript Here the Riper has restarted, and the problem disappeared. But it's damn not a solution, it's a crutch.
MEMFIS_AKA is offline   Reply With Quote