Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Greg Jones
Human being with feelings

Default Newbie in newbieland!

HA!

Wasn't sure where I should post an intro thread so I chose NEWBIELAND! <queue dramatic music!>

Been 'playing' with Reaper for years, off and on .. not really doing anything constructive. I own Cubase 7 elements because I bought some HW, got Cubase AI and upgraded. I just purchased an Audient id14 and really want to get back into recording ... so I just now, FINALLY, purchased my Reaper license! WOOT! After setting up my new interface in Cubase and Reaper and putzing around... I found Kenny Gioia's tutorial on youtube. On video 3 and digging it! Thanks Kenny, thanks Cockos and thanks to you all! Peace.
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
Susan G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
HA!

Wasn't sure where I should post an intro thread so I chose NEWBIELAND! <queue dramatic music!>

Been 'playing' with Reaper for years, off and on .. not really doing anything constructive. I own Cubase 7 elements because I bought some HW, got Cubase AI and upgraded. I just purchased an Audient id14 and really want to get back into recording ... so I just now, FINALLY, purchased my Reaper license! WOOT! After setting up my new interface in Cubase and Reaper and putzing around... I found Kenny Gioia's tutorial on youtube. On video 3 and digging it! Thanks Kenny, thanks Cockos and thanks to you all! Peace.
Hi, Greg.

Welcome! You'll find plenty of helpful folks here. Be sure to check out the excellent User Guide, available here: http://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

-Susan
Susan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:40 AM   #3
martifingers

Hi Greg. Welcome to Reaperland. As Susan says it's full of helpful and generous people many with considerable expertise.
BTW what made you get the Audient id14? It seems moderately specced for the price but the quality seems very good. How's it sounding?
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #4
Greg Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
Hi Greg. Welcome to Reaperland. As Susan says it's full of helpful and generous people many with considerable expertise.
BTW what made you get the Audient id14? It seems moderately specced for the price but the quality seems very good. How's it sounding?
I had been eyeing the id22 when it came out, but didn't wan't to spend that much ...

I'm wondering what interface I should have (or you would have) bought for $299 these days?

I was also looking at the Tascam UH-7000 but all the talk of latency scared me off ... probably would have been fine for me ... so far I think the id14 sounds great...but my previous "system" (if it could be called that) was a very old Presonus Blue Tube 2 ch. pre into my yamaha thr10 (guitar amp). So I feel I've upgraded.

I recently added in my Mackie 1402-VLZ3 ... but am shopping for an 8 ch. ADAT pre (think ADA8200).

Thanks!
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
ivansc

I have the RME equivalent, the Babyface, and have used it with both an ADA8000 and a focusrite Octopre LE with excellent results.
It is all going to come down to how good the ASIO drivers are for that Audient & that I dont know.
But in terms of audio quality they are supposedly excellent.