Old 06-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
lowellben
Human being with feelings

Default CC Lane default question

Hi all.

Please help me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make new CC lanes a taller height than whatever this default height is. It's so small I always have to move my mouse and drag up for every new CC lane I add.

Where can I set the default CC lane height for all "new" CC lanes when I add them each time?

I tried SWS, nothing works. I always get a new CC lane that's insanely short.

Thank you.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Tod

Hi lowellben, actually I think the height of the CC lane you add takes on the same height of the CC lane you used to add another lane. At least that's how it works here.

There are several SWS actions for adjusting the CC lane height, and I'm sure you could put something together that will be suitable for you.

There are also SWS actions for saving and retrieving CC lane setups. I'm set up for saving & retrieving up to 16 different CC lane configurations, I love those actions.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:52 AM   #3
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi lowellben, actually I think the height of the CC lane you add takes on the same height of the CC lane you used to add another lane. At least that's how it works here.

There are several SWS actions for adjusting the CC lane height, and I'm sure you could put something together that will be suitable for you.

There are also SWS actions for saving and retrieving CC lane setups. I'm set up for saving & retrieving up to 16 different CC lane configurations, I love those actions.
Tod,

That is actually why I posted this thread. I used SWS to adjust the height and it works great, but honestly it has no effect on the new lanes after that. At all.

Every time I hit plus and add new lane it's always the same height: super small short height lanes. SWS CC actions work fine, when I run them. But they have no effect on new lanes. How do you have yours set up? You recall 16 different setups? I wish I could do that!

Try this.

Open a new MIDI item in the editor.
Make sure one CC lane is showing.
Run SWS action to make the CC lanes x pixels taller (I forget, 170px or whatever)
Now add a new CC lane with plus sign.
I promise it's small, see?
How can I fix this? You are always wise with your ways!
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Try this.

Open a new MIDI item in the editor.
Make sure one CC lane is showing.
Run SWS action to make the CC lanes x pixels taller (I forget, 170px or whatever)
Now add a new CC lane with plus sign.
I promise it's small, see?
How can I fix this? You are always wise with your ways!
Hi lowellben,

Okay I did exactly as you said, I started with a fresh RPP porject file, added a new item, and proceeded with each step as you suggested. When I clicked on the "+" sign, the CC lane that opened was exactly the same size as the one I clicked on.

Also for me, each CC lane I add is exactly the same height as the one I clicked on.

My way of adjusting CC lanes is to just do it manually by adjusting the left or right edge of the top separator bar, it's just as quick as clicking a button and I can adjust it to any height I want. Also if I hold "Shift" when I adjust it, all CC lanes will adjust accordingly.

I looked around to see if there was a setting somewhere for this but couldn't find anything that looked relevant. The only thing I saw possible was in the "Contents" in menu of the midi editor window "Contents>OnMIDI editor per>Project".

Other than that I'm not sure why our Reaper installs would be different.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote