Old 06-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
B.A.TECH.
Human being with feelings

Default Waves plugins problem

Hi,

I'm using HLS Channel and One Knob Louder.When i close fx window,Reaper crashes.

Why?
B.A.TECH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Nip

Didn't you post at KVR - and got this after reverting graphics driver to older revision?

This due to another gui problem with HLS before that.

But you had no crash then, correct?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
B.A.TECH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip View Post
Didn't you post at KVR - and got this after reverting graphics driver to older revision?

This due to another gui problem with HLS before that.

But you had no crash then, correct?
Yes i did.

Now everything is OK.There is no gui problem anymore but when i close fx window,Reaper crashes.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Nip

Changing graphics drivers and the scene change - you should really use the latest driver and go to bottom with that gui issue instead, at least I would.

What kind of gui issue did you have with HLS?

Running HLS as x64 Reaper on x64 Windows I had no issues with HLS - and had it for a year almost now.

Do I remember right if you had any previous Waves v7 or v8 in your system?

I have gui issues with Dorroughs meters in Reaper that makes it really unusable.

People has mentioned not getting a cursor in edit fields of Waves plugins.

So summing up with what you got - we might help developers narrow down.

Other hosts on the same system you use HLS in that works with no issues?

That kind of information would be helpful.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:55 AM   #5
B.A.TECH.

I'm using Windows 8 32Bit.My main DAW is Reaper.Also i use Sonar X1 LE and Cubase AI.There is no problem about using HLS.Even i downloaded Studio One 2 demo and i tried with it.It's OK with Studio One,too.

When i use it with Reaper,i can load and use plugin normally.But when i close fx window,Reaper crashes and freezes.

And now i'm using lastest video card driver.Now i have no problem about GUI.Only when i close fx window,Reaper crashes and freezes.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
Nip

Thanks.

If you can repeat crashes - is it the same with a loaded mono component of HLS as a stereo?

And a mono->stereo component(Waves usually have these variations)?

It's starting to sum up to many gui issues and others with Waves - Cockos better look at this for a total workover or something. It's bound to be showstoppers for people working in Reaper if not working.

I've had spontaneous crashes loading Waves plugins in Sonar and Tracktion - never in Reaper(70+ Waves plugins). In Sonar I felt if loading a mono component and track was stereo or reverse - it crashed.

I hope that Waves now doing AAX versions does not inflict problems for VST versions.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
B.A.TECH.

My problem is gone for now!

I uninstall video card driver and search with windows update.It found for me and installed.Now everything is OK.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
lowerbout

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.TECH. View Post
I'm using Windows 8 32Bit.My main DAW is Reaper.Also i use Sonar X1 LE and Cubase AI.There is no problem about using HLS.Even i downloaded Studio One 2 demo and i tried with it.It's OK with Studio One,too.

When i use it with Reaper,i can load and use plugin normally.But when i close fx window,Reaper crashes and freezes.

And now i'm using lastest video card driver.Now i have no problem about GUI.Only when i close fx window,Reaper crashes and freezes.
I'm having this exact problem with 64bit v9 CLA Guitar and One Knob Series VSTs in Reaper 64bit only. This appears to be a Reaper only problem.
lowerbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
lowerbout

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerbout View Post
I'm having this exact problem with 64bit v9 CLA Guitar and One Knob Series VSTs in Reaper 64bit only. This appears to be a Reaper only problem.
I moved the 64bit shells out of my waves VST folder and 32bit now works in bridged. Its disappointing but at least I can use it. My video drivers are fine and this only happens in Reaper.
lowerbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #10
fealow

I'm also having this same issue.

Everything was working perfectly fine until I opened an instance of waves doubler Mono > stereo yesterday (which was an accident as I rarely have a need to use mono > stereo versions, so I think reaper is most likely having an issue with this type of channel setup in a plugin as i've not had this problem using purely mono or stereo plugs) and now any fx or floating plugin window I try to close causes reaper to hang and crash. Every time I open the project I have several fx windows and plugin windows floating making it really difficult to work with the program and if I try to close any... boom dead.

I've tried setting the bridge/firewall to separate processes which resolves the issue of me losing my work by not crashing reaper when i close a plugin window, however reaper still hangs and crashes when i try to close the FX window itself because it's not a separate process. To make things worse though when the plugin does crash in the bridged mode every waves plugin i'm using also seems to stop working. It's as if reaper is just booting the waves shell.dll out of the cache every time a plugin crashes.

I guess I could try removing the plugin and let it crash and then saving to another file so the problem plugin does not load when i open the project to see if that resolves anything.

I am nearly finished with this project and it's such a pain in the ass having to work around floating windows I cant close for fear of losing my work. So is there a fix for this now? Or can anyone update me on this problem in any way?

Thanks.

Last edited by fealow; 10-17-2014 at 04:43 PM.
fealow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #11
Nip

Are you using Waves pre v9?
If not - why are you bridging them?
If they are it could be an iLok thingy - saw some fixes on crashes on their site yesterday.

I would try jBridge for bridging also if you did not try that.

I stopped using 32-bit stuff alltogether - at some point or another there are sudden freezes. Looked for replacement plugins for everything.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
fealow

Thanks for the reply Nip, but I have managed to resolve the issue. Part of the problem was that I hadn't realized how much RAM that session was actually using, had a few virtual instruments that I'd not gotten round to freezing hogging all the RAM that I needed for those hungry waves plugs.

As for the bridging I probably don't fully understand it, but should I just leave bridging off? The only problem I have with that is losing some work if a plugin does decide to crash as it will take reaper down with it no?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:27 AM   #13
ivansc

Post version 9 all should be working fine in ANY host.
Don`t have CLA but JJP, Rennaissance, Guitar 3.5, One Knob etc are all working fine for me.

Last edited by ivansc; 10-24-2014 at 04:09 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #14
fealow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Post version 9 all should be working fine in ANY host.
Don`t have CLA but JJP, Rennaissance, Guitar 3.5, One Knob etc are all working fine for me.
Ok fair enough, I shouldn't be having an issue then, maybe it's because I'm nearing the limit of my RAM with this particular project and it's causing instability.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:26 AM   #15
ivansc

You HAVE updated to the most recent D/L of Waves? Reaper is picking up your waves auths off whatever usb stick you are using?

Hm......

Oh and by the way I also have mine working on the i5 laptop I am using here in France - Win 8.1 on that one, also 64bit throughout.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #16
fealow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You HAVE updated to the most recent D/L of Waves? Reaper is picking up your waves auths off whatever usb stick you are using?

Hm......

Oh and by the way I also have mine working on the i5 laptop I am using here in France - Win 8.1 on that one, also 64bit throughout.
I have yes, there shouldn't be any issues on that side of things. However I still do think it's a RAM issue as I've never had this problem with other projects, but I've also never had a project this large.