Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Justin
Administrator

Default Localization: i8n-test -- post regressions here

There is a build of REAPER with initial, experimental localization features, available here:

http://landoleet.org/i8n/

In this thread, please discuss any regressions from the main (non-localized) builds; i.e. if REAPER behaves wrong using the "english" language pack, or crashes where the normal build does not, or otherwise does unexpected things that the normal, non-localizable builds, do not.

There is a separate thread for posts about bugs or missing functionality, __PLEASE__ do not post those here.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Raja
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
There is a build of REAPER with initial, experimental localization features, available here:

http://landoleet.org/i8n/

In this thread, please discuss any regressions from the main (non-localized) builds; i.e. if REAPER behaves wrong using the "english" language pack, or crashes where the normal build does not, or otherwise does unexpected things that the normal, non-localizable builds, do not.

There is a separate thread for posts about bugs or missing functionality, __PLEASE__ do not post those here.
what is i8n?
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
Pashkuli
Banned

i8n stands for Internationalization or Int.

Internationalization in fact is a bad word used in political context - synonym of Communistic Property or at least something that is used by all people and none really taking care of it.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
i8n stands for Internationalization or Int.

Internationalization in fact is a bad word used in political context - synonym of Communistic Property or at least something that is used by all people and none really taking care of it.
Ah, that's why the mostly capitalist software industry invented the silly i18n abbreviation for it! :P
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
mikael

I've just found this one on the midi editor scale selector:
Attached Images
File Type: png reaper_midi_scale_bug.png (60.0 KB, 2968 views)
mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael View Post
I've just found this one on the midi editor scale selector:
Thanks for spotting this! This actually belongs in the other thread, I'm moving it, and is a more critical thing (regression even when no langpacks used!). Thanks again, and it will be fixed in test4.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
Mr. Data

Just discovered that this thread is lying idle for quite a while now. Some posts in the Localization thread, I think, should probably have gone here.

So I'd like to bring into focus an issue that came up recently in the mentioned thread, starting at post #467 (https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=467)

-Data