Old 05-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
razmat
Human being with feelings

Default FX lists

hi again , basically just getting started with reaper.in watching the videos about reaper here in the "plugins and fx" section , it shows him clicking on "fx" in the track , and it brings up a list of available fx. as I understand it , reaper has several built in effects,(I only have one plugin "MT drum kit". and it shows him right click to make a folder and drag effects in.
but in my reaper when I click on "fx" in the track the screen that comes up looks completely different. it is just a blank white screen that has nothing in it with options for "add " down below but that does nothing. and if I right click anywhere there , then no option to create a folder comes up.

am I missing something ? or does something need to be setup? thanks
razmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:06 AM   #2
DarkStar

Clicking on "fx" in the track shows the "FX Chain" window. It is empty as you do not have any FX inserted onto that track yet.

Click [Add] in the bottom-left corner to open the FX Browser window then double-click the FX that you want to put on the track.

Have a look in the User Guide, 2.12
Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
razmat

ok I see now, thanks. what happened was I had the fx window docked at the bottom, so that's where it popped up and looked different.
razmat is offline   Reply With Quote