Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
mitja2
Human being with feelings

Default recording REAL MACROS

Reaper needs MACROS that include PLUGINS behavior. Now it's only actions you can include in macros and no plugins.
Example of such macro:
- normalize to 100%
- reverse
- add "M40" reverb with settings xxxxxx
- reverse
- compress with Waves C1
mitja2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
FnA

You can paste or paste (replace) saved FX chains to items or tracks with SWS extensions actions related to the Resources window. If you want more than 4 slots you have to edit the number in the S&M configuration settings file. Up to 99 I believe. Sound good?
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
mitja2

Sorry... I have no idea what you wrote there.
But it seems like a huge way around....
mitja2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
FnA

It's not "obvious" I suppose.

You should get the SWS extension package if you don't already have it. It greatly increases the functionality of Reaper. I think some of these things are not included in stock Reaper because the SWS team did the work and deserve the credit and a possible donation.

The actions I mentioned can be used in macros. You obviously need to include actions to apply the FX, and maybe some other steps depending on the situation.

The editing of the text file is even less obvious, but not too difficult after you know what to do. On my PC that file is in (can't check exactly now) something like C:/users/me/app data/roaming/reaper. You might have to find where you can show hidden files in Windows itself. On my Windows7 machine I just double click that S&M file and it opens in Notepad. Go down toward the middle/bottom of it, reading the explanatory notes that follow semicolons (edit-or is it # signs?). Then you can replace (backspace) the number of actions with another and save the file. Could go into more detail later maybe.

Last edited by FnA; 03-14-2013 at 06:10 AM.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote