Old 08-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #201
Neil Hester
Human being with feelings

Is indys still around or does anyone have his contact info?
I've tried a PM but not had a reply yet.

Thanks !
Neil Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #202
Sonax

I've sent him a pm, and no reply too... Time to learn C++ and start from the begening i guess
Sonax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #203
2mmi

anyone still interested in this ?

Got this working today.
So far: faders, pan, ch-strip-display, vu-meters. (the rest will come)

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWW...ature=youtu.be

What protocol to go with on the midi/interface side ?
Hui ? OSC ?

Made in Python 3.5 with winpcap bindings.
Any hardcore (im not) python programmers around here ?
2mmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #204
Neil Hester

Very interested but not a programmer of any sorts, hui would be best for most variety of use in other DAWs it would be nice allow some kind of button mapping ability so the master section edit buttons could be mapped by the user to whatever they wanted.
I think it would be best to create some kind of application that sits between the control24 and the DAW for the user to configure and translate commands, create macros etc.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:42 AM   #205
Teddy

Great work 2mmi! Would you consider uploading the code?

I recently emulated an entire HUI in max7, so if you have any questions about HUI, just ask. I only have the encoders and the time-display left. It's actually quite easy.
Teddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:50 AM   #206
2mmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Great work 2mmi! Would you consider uploading the code?

I recently emulated an entire HUI in max7, so if you have any questions about HUI, just ask. I only have the encoders and the time-display left. It's actually quite easy.
Yeah no problem - maybe via bitbucket as i use that for other projects.
(but i need to organize the code a little before - and right now its only 70 lines of code)
- Can you code in python, and then implement HUI?..
I still need to decide if its best to go the python way or c++.
I got the same code running in Microsoft visual studio 2015 community. But i think Python is more fun, and easier for people to get started with.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:27 AM   #207
Teddy

Python is a great choice. I haven't done any work in python earlier, but I've experimented with the syntax, and it's really fast to write.

The bigger problem is: I don't own a Control24. Thinking of buying one though...
And I'm also on a mac, but I think I can access a pc.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:55 AM   #208
Neil Hester

If any of you are on facebook come join our Pro Control / Control 24 group here where there are a lot of users that are interested in prolonging the life of their surfaces :https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProControlControl24/

I had also done some preliminary data captures and was thinking about using bome midi translator or bomebox and posted about it here :http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11333
Old 02-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #209
Teddy

Nice. Sent a request to join the group just now...
Old 02-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #210
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mmi View Post

Got this working today.

Video

Hui ? OSC ?

Hi,
Way to go man!
As far as midi, are you converting what comes out into a protocol? If that's the case, I guess it might depend on which daw. For reaper I would use MCP ..Mackie control protocol or osc.
I don't own a pro control 24, but I've followed this w interest from the beginning:-)

Fantastic!

Guido

Edit..as far as python help goes ,ask in the jsfx section of the forum. There are some real wizards there.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #211
Neil Hester

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Way to go man!
As far as midi, are you converting what comes out into a protocol? If that's the case, I guess it might depend on which daw. For reaper I would use MCP ..Mackie control protocol or osc.
I don't own a pro control 24, but I've followed this w interest from the beginning:-)

Fantastic!

Guido

Edit..as far as python help goes ,ask in the jsfx section of the forum. There are some real wizards there.
Neither MC or OSC are available in Pro Tools and I'd think it would be a good idea to get it working for PT users as they are pretty much the entire userbase right now, if it were possible to do dual protocol of MC and HUI it would be perfect if only one then HUI would be the best staring point.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #212
Teddy

The best thing in reaper would be writing a control surface extension. But since reaper also supports hui (kind of), that might be a better option, since you get pro tools support at the same time.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #213
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hester View Post
Neither MC or OSC are available in Pro Tools and I'd think it would be a good idea to get it working for PT users as they are pretty much the entire userbase right now, if it were possible to do dual protocol of MC and HUI it would be perfect if only one then HUI would be the best staring point.
Hi,

I understand. I made a hui-mcp/ MCP/hui convertor in bomes midi translator pro so if I find a board I'll be OK.

I guess better start looking for one before word gets out:-)

May God speed your work..

Guido
Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #214
LugNut

Hi,

Don't know if you have these...took years to find em:-)

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=101328

Thanks to the ageman!

Guido
Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #215
Teddy

Quote:
Hi,

Don't know if you have these...took years to find em:-)

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=101328
Those are the docs I used in my HUI emulation. Everything seems to be correct except for some errors in the character maps.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #216
indys

Long time that I visited here :-)

Kid number 2 entered our life last year so now I definitely have no spare time to resume this project but I might give you some hints on the way.

From what I can see on the video you're the right track :-). Just to get the Control 24 to receive your packets without going offline is a good start.

/Indys

Quote:

Got this working today.

Video

Hui ? OSC ?

indys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #217
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hester View Post
If any of you are on facebook come join our Pro Control / Control 24 group here where there are a lot of users that are interested in prolonging the life of their surfaces :https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProControlControl24/

I had also done some preliminary data captures and was thinking about using bome midi translator or bomebox and posted about it here :http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11333
Hi,

I use Bomes MTP and its awesome. NEVER crashes. Vry flexible. I read your posts there. Y'all seem to be almost there. Congratulations!

And congratulations to indys! kinda on a different scale tho^^

Guido
Old 02-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #218
indys

Thank you, Yes! My Life has a different direction and alltogheter new priorities :-)

The biggest reason for me ending the Project was that I did not have access to a real controller and my emulator was as it turned out way to good! When I tried some of my latest patches on real hardware I got some serious sync issues, stuff you only can work out while having access to a real controller.

Back then I used C24 to Midi messages and let my emulator act as 3 hui controllers side by side. Cubase could run 3 hui's simultaneously and map 24 channel. Later on I programmed a controller plugin for Cubase that talked TCP directly instead of using virtual midi Cables and such.

Today I would go for OSC as that protocol is far more flexible than midi and also has the ability for devices to broadcast their presence. I don't know about OSC support for the most popular DAW's today but I think that it wouldn't be that hard to implement. I have a Behringer X32 + a behringer X32 Rack and they are screaming out 64 channels+ of vu-meter data, RTA-analysis and faders to 5 different android tablet without overloading the network and that's why I'm thinking OSC would be the king of protocols.

With OSC everyone with some skill could build their own Surface using drag n' drop GUI mapping the Control 24's faders etc...

/Indys

Quote:
Hi,

I use Bomes MTP and its awesome. NEVER crashes. Vry flexible. I read your posts there. Y'all seem to be almost there. Congratulations!

And congratulations to indys! kinda on a different scale tho^^

Guido
Old 02-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #219
indys

I couldn't resist skimming through some code from Dawier... pretty much work there ;-)

Thinking out loud...

It would be possible to route the OSC traffic via TCP through routers and remotely mix on someone else's c24... that would truly be cool stuff.
If I were to throw togheter a Quick OSC implementation for let's say a single fader on C24, would anyone here let me try to remote control a Control 24?
It would be based on the work I did before and the fader movement translates to OSC and the OSC message is translated back to fader movement (but in a test case your Control 24). A computer running .Net and a webcam that I could have access to would be required (I want to see that it is working ;-))
I'm not saying that I can find the time (and that I will succeed) but it will be a cool night time project when the kids (and wife) is asleep :-)

Enough dreaming now...
/Indys
Old 02-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #220
Infidel

Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #221
2mmi

Got time for little code update..
Now with 2 way communication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9JskRsqxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDrzHe-S6k
Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 AM   #222
Teddy

Great work. Would love to have a look at your code.
I've put up a listing for wanting to buy a Control24, but no luck so far.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #223
2mmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Great work. Would love to have a look at your code.
I've put up a listing for wanting to buy a Control24, but no luck so far.
The code will come... Still need to clean it up.. Right now it a mess + my mac adresses are hardcoded in.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #224
Teddy

Ah, I see. Know the feeling. My code is always a mess.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #225
Subers

Quote:

Very good news!
Subers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:41 AM   #226
indys

Good work!!!

Quote:

Old 02-19-2016, 03:58 AM   #227
indys

I don't know if you are helped by this but to save you some time decoding every button I share my signarues class and the buttons class. This way you don't need to push and check everything that I did :-)

The signatures class is the first bytes of the message to get the category of the message and the C24Buttons class is the buttons separate definitions. I had those done so that I could use friendly names (grouped by using subclasses) when coding instead of having to work with bytes all the time.

The language is vb.net by the way... use some search and replace to convert it to your language.

/Indys
Attached Files
File Type: txt Helper_class.vb.txt (36.5 KB, 646 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 03:06 AM   #228
2mmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by indys View Post
I don't know if you are helped by this but to save you some time decoding every button I share my signarues class and the buttons class. This way you don't need to push and check everything that I did :-)

/Indys
No, i´m on my own - :-D
- And is it okay with you to share this later on, (not as is, but reused in python script?) via opencource ?

But WOW - Thank you so much !!!!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #229
indys

Quote:
No, i´m on my own - :-D
- And is it okay with you to share this later on, (not as is, but reused in python script?) via opencource ?

But WOW - Thank you so much !!!!
Yes, of course. Share away :-). If I was skilled in python I would help you rewrite it...
Old 03-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #230
renatoacordionista

Default Control 24 is already compatible with REAPER?

but finally someone until that moment of 07.03.2016 achieved the compatibility of Crontrol 24 with REAPER?
renatoacordionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #231
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoacordionista View Post
but finally someone until that moment of 07.03.2016 achieved the compatibility of Crontrol 24 with REAPER?
It is unlikely, these guys are right on the cutting edge of developing something, expecting it to work right now is unlikely, it working in the future is unanswerable.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #232
al-andrew

Default Possibilities Of This Break Thru

Hi Guys
So glad to be hearing this news that we have some light at the end of this dark long tunnel.
I nearly sold my desk last week for nothing, so I am very relieved to hear this development is in full swing...
My question is .... if you guys manage to get the Control 24 to work is there any way this will also translate to PT 11 + ?
There are a heap of blokes who have this machines and I have no doubt they would pay good money for this development.

I just downloaded reaper today and can't believe how powerful it is ..... truly amazing !

Look forward to the feedback
al-andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:10 AM   #233
Daddy0

Default Remote a C24

Indys

Nice to make your acquaintance. I have been reading, with great interest, your posts. I have a facility that is running both protools 10/11 and Nuendo (for recording). My desk is a C24 and I would be more than happy for you to have a play with it.

Quote:
I couldn't resist skimming through some code from Dawier... pretty much work there ;-)

Thinking out loud...

It would be possible to route the OSC traffic via TCP through routers and remotely mix on someone else's c24... that would truly be cool stuff.
If I were to throw togheter a Quick OSC implementation for let's say a single fader on C24, would anyone here let me try to remote control a Control 24?
It would be based on the work I did before and the fader movement translates to OSC and the OSC message is translated back to fader movement (but in a test case your Control 24). A computer running .Net and a webcam that I could have access to would be required (I want to see that it is working ;-))
I'm not saying that I can find the time (and that I will succeed) but it will be a cool night time project when the kids (and wife) is asleep :-)

Enough dreaming now...
/Indys
Daddy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:05 AM   #234
coffee

Default Control 24 would be available for you if you want.

/indys

i dont know if you can remember me sent a PM 4years ago

yes i can set up a control 24, web cam, and computer for you in my place if you want.

Quote:

Thinking out loud...

Enough dreaming now...
/Indys
coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #235
coffee

Default wow! great work

Quote:

that's great work, i can't wait to see more coming

i am one of the user that was about to get rid of the control. but i got surprised that i might have to keep it.

i am willing to buy you cups of coffee for the night of developing
Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #236
indigenous

This thread looks really interesting guys.

Do you need any help on the development side of things?
indigenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #237
coffee

Default any updates?

wondering if there is any progress or update on the work?

is there any thing i can support to get the miracle work?

peace~
Old 07-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #238
Reddi-Rich

I run a studio in Vegas with a Control 24, a Digidesign 192, & a G5 tower with 2005 era Mac OS & ProTools, all functioning perfectly.

I gave up on this issue & this thread a couple years ago, & updated to an Universal Audio Apollo 16 with Logic Pro X & Reaper. I'd been holding off on a console until moving to a new facility, which finally happened last month. The new facility has a pre-existing modern ProTools rig, so we're trying to figure out how to integrate. Going backwards on the modern ProTools rig seems dangerous, & throwing out the UA rig seems stupid.

So I'm very happy to see action on this thread again. All my gear works. The 2005 rig is just leaning against a wall in my house, slated for an online firesale. If there's anything I can do to expedite your project, please PM me. Thanks.

-rr
Reddi-Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #239
Deviated

Hi Everyone,
I am so happy to find people working on this. I myself own a Control 24, And as you know, Im stuck on PT10 forever. It would be great to update. Also be great to use with other systems as well.
Keep up the amazing work. I am available to help with testing if needed.
Deviated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #240
Darkchaos

@2mmi:

Please opensource your code. Place it on Github. There are so many developers among, like me that can build on your foundation. Please accept support from the community. Together we can blow some life in to the Control 24. Even your reverse engineering findings on the protocol itself would help enormous.

Best,

Bastiaan
Darkchaos is offline   Reply With Quote