Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
JHughes
Banned

Default v4.74pre1 - October 1 2014

+ Mixer: fixed input label not being refreshed in certain instances [t=145316]
+ Ripple edit: removing items in ripple-one mode will not affect locked items and any subsequent items
+ Ripple edit: moving items in ripple-one mode better handles later locked items
+ Ripple edit: allow moving markers/regions across other markers/regions (with later locked items) in ripple-all mode
+ Track envelopes: Arm buttons display a 'pushed' state regardless of the automation mode
+ Track FX envelopes:: read unarmed automation in write mode [p=1406607]
+ Automation: Fixed global override button not being refreshed on project load/switches
+ Envelopes: fixed jumpy envelope points with the option 'Envelope point selection follows time selection' [t=141650]
+ OSX: Fixed contextual key shortcuts not passing through some windows (copy, paste, delete, etc)
+ Fixed cursor context issues, e.g. context lost (OSX) or changed (Win) after clicking a docked toolbar button
+ OSX: added 'Backspace' default key shortcut to delete things in managers, project bay, etc
+ API: added SetCursorContext (to change the focus programmatically and track/take envelope selection)"
# OSX: moved production build environment to 10.9.5
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Last pre - 3 changes. This pre - 13. Me like
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
ivansc

Nice to see a pre that is really zeroing in on a few of those pesky bugs.

Very reassuring.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Tale

The i386 version crashes on loading on OSX 10.6.8 (see attached log). The x86_64 version runs fine, and both the i386 and x86_64 versions run fine on OSX 10.9.5.
Attached Files
File Type: txt REAPER_2014-10-02-092038_macbook.crash.txt (765 Bytes, 151 views)
Tale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:39 AM   #5
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
+ Ripple edit: removing items in ripple-one mode will not affect locked items and any subsequent items
+ Ripple edit: moving items in ripple-one mode better handles later locked items
^ the changelog doesn't state it, but both features are also supported in ripple-all mode (in this case a "later locked item" would be the "closest locked item across all tracks").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
The i386 version crashes on loading on OSX 10.6.8 (see attached log). The x86_64 version runs fine, and both the i386 and x86_64 versions run fine on OSX 10.9.5.
Ouch :/ Thanks for the report Tale!

Last edited by Jeffos; 10-02-2014 at 01:07 AM. Reason: ripple-all mode too
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #6
musicbynumbers

Something "ripply" that would be super useful is if editing item edges also caused a ripple edit "slide" of the items adjacent to it (like the below vid shows.) This would complete ripple editing for me and make it very powerful for day to day editing.

https://stash.reaper.fm/7290/Right%20...0with%20it.gif

Adding to this. The ability to have a mouse modifier that allows you to change where an item starts (moving audio inside it at the same time) but not change the item's end point.

I get this situation a lot more than you'd think
Old 10-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
drew
Mobile

Excellent improvements to ripple one!

One lil bug - pasting items before a locked item moves the position of the locked item. Apart from that, locked item stays locked - Yay!

The "ripple all" behaviour is sure to be a question of taste. For some people the fact that a locked item on any track means that nothing will ripple after that point on any track will feel correct, for others it will be "why doesn't everything else just ripple as usual and leave locked items where they are?". Maybe a ripple pref needed for those who wish to keep all unlocked items rippling around locked ones in "ripple all" mode.

As for musicbynumbers point about edges causing ripple - for right-edge yes it really would be expected that changing the end item boundary would ripple subsequent items.

As for the left, though, it's not definite to me that dragging or using "shrink/grow left edge" actions would ripple the start position of that item itself since ripple always means subsequent items and not changing the start of the item itself.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #8
beingmf

Nobody loves this
Quote:
Track envelopes: Arm buttons display a 'pushed' state regardless of the automation mode
?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #9
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post

Adding to this. The ability to have a mouse modifier that allows you to change where an item starts (moving audio inside it at the same time) but not change the item's end point.

I get this situation a lot more than you'd think

I don't know what succinct description you'd use for this, but +1

>
Old 10-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #10
musicbynumbers

In fact, after looking at ripple editing again. If both start and end edge adjustments also "slid" the items next to them along too, this would be amazing. (rather than just the end as suggested before)

That would allow us to edit audio in the way video programs do. We are close but "no cigar" just yet
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #11
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
As for the left, though, it's not definite to me that dragging or using "shrink/grow left edge" actions would ripple the start position of that item itself since ripple always means subsequent items and not changing the start of the item itself.
You have a point there. I'd still find a lot of uses for it as a mouse modifier though even without ripple on.

Exactly like "dual trim" but instead of just adjusting the container's edge only, also slide the contents too. That would be so useful!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #12
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
Nobody loves this
?
I'm not sure I've understood what/where it affects it yet so hard to love the misunderstood
Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #13
Mercado_Negro

Take Envelopes Bug

Draw a time selection and start trimming a bit: the envelope will move by itself up or down.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #14
Breeder

Quote:
+ Track envelopes: Arm buttons display a 'pushed' state regardless of the automation mode
Nice addition, thanks. One slightly related thing: when setting new envelope chunk through GetSetObjectState() , arm and bypass button are not refreshed. For example (using SWS exported API):
Code:
envelope   = BR_EnvAlloc(RPR_GetSelectedEnvelope(0), False)
properties = BR_EnvGetProperties(envelope, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
BR_EnvSetProperties(envelope, not properties[1], properties[2], not properties[3], properties[4], properties[5], properties[6])
BR_EnvFree(envelope, True)
Quote:
+ Automation: Fixed global override button not being refreshed on project load/switches
Also a slightly related question: Is it possible to get state of global override by using projectconfig_var_getoffs()? I never was succseful at finiding the right "name" for it.

Quote:
+ API: added SetCursorContext (to change the focus programmatically and track/take envelope selection)"
This was soooooooooooo missed!!!!!!! Thank you very, very much nice people of Cockos, off to play with it!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
Triode

Saw this:

Quote:
+ Fixed cursor context issues,
And it reminded me for a moment of:

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...02&postcount=6

Here's hoping for a little more ease when marquee zooming on large projects
Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #16
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Take Envelopes Bug

Draw a time selection and start trimming a bit: the envelope will move by itself up or down.
Reminds me of this: http://forums.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=5342
(for which i keep a tiny but fierce flame of hope alive)
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote