Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
sonicbrian
Human being with feelings

Default antelope 32 usb controller resource issue

Hello fellow reaper users...
I have the following problem. I bought an Antelope Orion32 ad/da converter and although it works fine in collaboration with my petty Dell i3/4gb ram laptop running windows7, whenever i attempt connecting it to my super audio Rain pc haswell i7/16gb ram running various pro windows versions (7,8,8.1) all i get is the following message: "not enough usb controller resources" although it is the only thing connected to the pc. Does this ring any bells to anyone? Anything? At all? The guys at the former Rain computers uk, now called molten music technologies haven't really helped and I can say the same about the guys at Antelope. Since both machines work fine with every other piece of hardware you connect them to, they obviously have no trouble sleeping at night... any help, any piece of advise is welcome...
sonicbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
emmrecs
Human being with feelings

A quick Google search on your error message suggests this is not uncommon! It appears to be caused by lack of power to the USB port (though nothing reported where only 1 USB device connected, as in your case). Solution seems to be to run through a powered hub, especially with USB3.

Just to ensure there is actually nothing else connected to any USB port you could find download and run USBDeview from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html It will show every USB device which is or ever has been connected to your PC.

HTH

Edited, to add that this app also allows the user to disable any listed device which is no longer needed or used.

Last edited by emmrecs; 10-02-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Further info
emmrecs is offline   Reply With Quote