Old 10-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
wynwyn
Human being with feelings

Default 48kHz conversion...best & safest way?

Hi...i have been asked by a film crew to supply a recorded data file of a concert i am recording...with 48kHz sample rate, and also a finished mixed and edited CD.
I have never used 48kHz before (only 44.1), is it simply a matter of choosing the sample rate in the preferences for the project and recording as normal?

After mixing the file at 48kHz and producing a stereo file of the project...is that the time to use something like REAPERS Batchfile/item converter to produce a 44.1kHz file for CD production.....?

any advice appreciated, this is a step up from my usual involvement and a little bit scary..the whole audio is in my remit.
wynwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
whiteaxxxe
Banned

yes, you simply choose the samplerate. if you have to record something, set the samplerate for the tracking at first to 48khz and you are set and done. :-) nothing more to it. but stay with 24bit.
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 AM   #3
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Somebody offered some better method of performing the SRC here recently, I'll search for it when I get on the laptop...

Nope, it was a workaround to use SOX (SOund eXchange) SRCs. User Dub3000 offered a script to do this within REAPER, but you'd have to manually import the results. Worth a read, though: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ate+conversion

>

Last edited by planetnine; 10-16-2014 at 08:25 AM.
planetnine is offline   Reply With Quote