Old 04-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #2961
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
oowww before I forget ...

You clicked on the yellow number. hmmm. I know that its' assigned as a BUTTON ... but really, it should only be a DISPLAYED value. What from LBX should I use just to display a value parameter ??
Thanks for all the info. I think what was confusing me a bit was that in your v2 strip that I was testing mainly - all the A's were active - causing changes in volume.

I think in v5 - they were all disabled by default - which is I guess how they should be.

To prevent the numeric readout from doing anything when clicked - set it to the Meter option. For standard plugin FX parameters - the Meter control type should not do anything (although for other control types it does have a function in some cases).

Thanks again - will definitely make good use of this.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #2962
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

Yeah ... the A/B addition to the GUI is something I had trouble thinking through [at least logically]. I used A/B so much in the Reaper FX chain, but transposing it to LBX was confusing me. [like, should the GUI button be lite or dark].

I want to get certain things [like A/B] into a 'standard' form and look for each GUI design. The other condition is still working out the size of all the elements [knobs, etc]. Some of these NEBULA libraries are split into more presets than what a usual GUI would display ... meaning more rows of knobs...

Another example is the AlexB MMeQ. I'm not happy with the current design I have. For one, it has 3 Low Shelfs, and 3 Hi Shelfs ... then all the additional peak bands. The current GUI is rather large, and I'm not liking the workflow with it ...

I'm now wondering if the very latest 'refresh' feature you've added, might hold a solution, whereby a single GUI section could handle different PRESETS [related, but different], and via PrgCHNG, the user could chose amongst the different Shelfs ?

Got to keep thinking about this, as the MMeQ is such an important Mastering tool.

Anyway ... these are all 'early' designs that I hope to improve where I can. I did switch out the 'readout' display to a METER late last nite. That should be a lot better.

thx
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #2963
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Yeah ... the A/B addition to the GUI is something I had trouble thinking through [at least logically]. I used A/B so much in the Reaper FX chain, but transposing it to LBX was confusing me. [like, should the GUI button be lite or dark].

I want to get certain things [like A/B] into a 'standard' form and look for each GUI design. The other condition is still working out the size of all the elements [knobs, etc]. Some of these NEBULA libraries are split into more presets than what a usual GUI would display ... meaning more rows of knobs...

Another example is the AlexB MMeQ. I'm not happy with the current design I have. For one, it has 3 Low Shelfs, and 3 Hi Shelfs ... then all the additional peak bands. The current GUI is rather large, and I'm not liking the workflow with it ...

I'm now wondering if the very latest 'refresh' feature you've added, might hold a solution, whereby a single GUI section could handle different PRESETS [related, but different], and via PrgCHNG, the user could chose amongst the different Shelfs ?

Got to keep thinking about this, as the MMeQ is such an important Mastering tool.

Anyway ... these are all 'early' designs that I hope to improve where I can. I did switch out the 'readout' display to a METER late last nite. That should be a lot better.

thx
Ok - just a note on this though route though - Gauges will not update if the frequency range changes.

I'd have to work out a way to automatically update a gauge if the values change...

When you create your Gauges - do you do much fiddling with the values / number ticks etc - or do you just keep the default values say 7 or 9 ticks comes up with?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #2964
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

hmmm GAUGES. I'm not certain I have a set strategy yet. :|

I find myself fluctuating based on the EQ assignment.

To keep neatness, I've cut back FREQ display to the 7 - 13 [for EQ's that have continuous values].

If an EQ, like the API 5500 [AlexB A5M], I look to display each available FREQ in a STEPPED fashion.

Items like GAIN, I try to use +-2 or +-3 display spread.

Q is another. I display the critical markers that identify OCTAVE [0.7, 1, 1.4, 2.8, 4.3] generally.

Don't mean to sound noncommittal ... as its exactly these types of display decision that I wrestle with.

Bottom line [for me] ... the GUAGES should outline the general scale of available choices. If it is an exact STEPPED EQ, I want to display all the STEP choices [freq].

hope some of this is helpful ... I'll be thinking about it

and I appreciate the importance of considering this possibility

thx
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #2965
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

Remembering ...

It is this type of 'multi-function/choice' that took me down that slippery-slope to the RACK design. [the evolution] :|

The AITB MAMMOTH eq was the beast that started it.

The concept was so nice, that I started redesigning all EQ's in that format.

Basically ... using the 500 series Rack mount layout. The Rack consisted of [up to] 16 slots [1/midi ch].

Since in production, one never quite knows what would be needed ... each slot could be assigned as needed. If it turned out I needed 3 shelves, and 4 bands [some that shared the same Preset, but different Freq value] ... it became the flexible model as needed.

I was just getting to the logic of being able to rearrange the 'band modules' to allow reorganizing the GUI display order ... [left in prototype status].

Of course, there is no end to it. Rather than restrict to a single EQ model ... the pondering began ... how to access ANY EQ band from any model library. Basically designing the best [user preference] EQ, calling on the strengths of each to draw from [all saved as a user preset].

ahhh ... To Dream
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #2966
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Remembering ...

It is this type of 'multi-function/choice' that took me down that slippery-slope to the RACK design. [the evolution] :|

The AITB MAMMOTH eq was the beast that started it.

The concept was so nice, that I started redesigning all EQ's in that format.

Basically ... using the 500 series Rack mount layout. The Rack consisted of [up to] 16 slots [1/midi ch].

Since in production, one never quite knows what would be needed ... each slot could be assigned as needed. If it turned out I needed 3 shelves, and 4 bands [some that shared the same Preset, but different Freq value] ... it became the flexible model as needed.

I was just getting to the logic of being able to rearrange the 'band modules' to allow reorganizing the GUI display order ... [left in prototype status].

Of course, there is no end to it. Rather than restrict to a single EQ model ... the pondering began ... how to access ANY EQ band from any model library. Basically designing the best [user preference] EQ, calling on the strengths of each to draw from [all saved as a user preset].

ahhh ... To Dream
Ok - then I need to work out a way of maybe matching a gauge setup to a parameter to a program id...

Might take me a little while to consider the best way to go about this - but I have thought about this requirement before and can see the benefit.

Give me a little time.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #2967
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 817
Default

reading nerdy Nebula stuff carefully & without understanding even a bit!
and creating a secret weapon (don't say to Vincent)
3954 cotrols
about 800 000 lines...works like a magic so far..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfQ6...ature=youtu.be
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #2968
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

again ... some amazing stuff TimbralZoom.

to lb0 ... I don't what magic you weave ... whatever the timeframe
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #2969
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
reading nerdy Nebula stuff carefully & without understanding even a bit!
and creating a secret weapon (don't say to Vincent)
3954 cotrols
about 800 000 lines...works like a magic so far..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfQ6...ature=youtu.be
Looks and sounds great!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #2970
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
again ... some amazing stuff TimbralZoom.

to lb0 ... I don't what magic you weave ... whatever the timeframe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Looks and sounds great!!
ok i got my weekly attention..
now you can go back to your agenda

joking apart, thanks!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #2971
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ok i got my weekly attention..
now you can go back to your agenda
good one hahaaa

Just wanted to quickly say WOOOW and big thank you Ib0 for the recent nebula related features (and RJ for testing and ideas)...did not get around to testdrive it yet (I was a week away visiting family) but will try out soon and really look forward to it.

just throwing this into the room
(I think it might be a smaller one and useful for various layouts and uses)...
- a little "track name (monitor thingy)": it just displays the track name and also changes according to the track name.

(I'm thinking of building a manual "global page" with copied controls from other tracks for console-switching in one window via snapshots or macros, and would want to have "dynamic" track names of multiple tracks in it, so I can save this as a template and use for all kinds of projects without manually changing all the "track-name-fields" again after changing a track name).

But just an idea, and something to think about when there is time.
Keep it rocking
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #2972
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ok i got my weekly attention..
now you can go back to your agenda

joking apart, thanks!
Funny

I'll share ... I was never much on Electronic Music [is this EDM] ... but I must say, I've found your music [even as you switch through different things] enjoyable.

Still ... I'm blown away how you fly around the screen making changes. [and your GUI design and layout ... impressive ! ]

You post ... we'll watch/listen.

... and thanks for putting up with us Neb-nerds. I can see how it can impact on so many levels ... but what lb0 has created for those from Nebula is phenomenal.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2973
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

tested the latest version last night and really love the RCM-program-change-thing. So cool to directly switch to certain programs in nebula. Really really great stuff (Can we re-arrange the program list somehow already?)

I don't understand the retain,refresh options fully yet but hopefully will soon.
Also, do I need to define a scanboot location if I am using only my own Nebula Library? Or is this only meant to be used if I import strips from other users?

Another strange thing I encountered yesterday, but was also in the latest version (I tried the previous too):
--> When the script window is open and you open another project, you lose all the data from the opened project and you are left with the script data of the current project. When script window is closed, reloading a saved project with it's script data works normal. I think this is very un-intuitive, and not sure if this is made on purpose or maybe an oversight.
But I remember having lost script data once, and I thought that the data was not saved, but looking back now, I think I overwrote the data by opening a previous project (in order to go back a bit) while the script window was open.

Easy to reproduce:
Make a project, drag in some controls. Save Project. Add further controls or delete some of them. Save as new version in same project folder. Leave script window open and now open the previous project: Result: you still have the controls of the newer one and the script-data from the previously saved project is lost and you can't bring it back (at least I couldn't).

If this is intentional, I will work around this by making a macro for opening projects which will first stop all scripts and then open the project.
As I like to have the stripper window open almost all the time and don't want to take care about this when I open projects

Damn, again a long post


EDIT: another bonus usage-idea:
One can easily use the stripper as Toolbar on steroids...imagine as much toolbars as you have tracks. Like: a huge page with nice pictures of Synths buttons assigned to actions and when you click them stuff happens that you configured. Already possible and yet another huge area where LBX improves usage of reaper.
One track could hold only certain editing actions, another one could to other stuff (Track templates, FX-chains). Just insane possibilities there again. Will see what I come up with in the day to day use. But good to know, that there are basically no more limits to toolbars and how they look
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #2974
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
tested the latest version last night and really love the RCM-program-change-thing. So cool to directly switch to certain programs in nebula. Really really great stuff (Can we re-arrange the program list somehow already?)

I don't understand the retain,refresh options fully yet but hopefully will soon.
Also, do I need to define a scanboot location if I am using only my own Nebula Library? Or is this only meant to be used if I import strips from other users?

Another strange thing I encountered yesterday, but was also in the latest version (I tried the previous too):
--> When the script window is open and you open another project, you lose all the data from the opened project and you are left with the script data of the current project. When script window is closed, reloading a saved project with it's script data works normal. I think this is very un-intuitive, and not sure if this is made on purpose or maybe an oversight.
But I remember having lost script data once, and I thought that the data was not saved, but looking back now, I think I overwrote the data by opening a previous project (in order to go back a bit) while the script window was open.

Easy to reproduce:
Make a project, drag in some controls. Save Project. Add further controls or delete some of them. Save as new version in same project folder. Leave script window open and now open the previous project: Result: you still have the controls of the newer one and the script-data from the previously saved project is lost and you can't bring it back (at least I couldn't).

If this is intentional, I will work around this by making a macro for opening projects which will first stop all scripts and then open the project.
As I like to have the stripper window open almost all the time and don't want to take care about this when I open projects

Damn, again a long post


EDIT: another bonus usage-idea:
One can easily use the stripper as Toolbar on steroids...imagine as much toolbars as you have tracks. Like: a huge page with nice pictures of Synths buttons assigned to actions and when you click them stuff happens that you configured. Already possible and yet another huge area where LBX improves usage of reaper.
One track could hold only certain editing actions, another one could to other stuff (Track templates, FX-chains). Just insane possibilities there again. Will see what I come up with in the day to day use. But good to know, that there are basically no more limits to toolbars and how they look
Hi Dasombre,

Thanks for report - that's not intended behaviour - so will look into when I have some time. You might be able to get the old data back though as you can manually load the old save file into the script using the option on the ... main menu. But yes - not intuitive. I need to revisit saving again - but it is a delicate balance to prevent data loss...

Regarding scanboot - if you ever intend to use the sharestrip import/export to use other peoples strips that use RCM's and Nebula, or to share your own - then you should set up the scanboot setting. This will enable the code to automatically align all RCM program changes to your own and other peoples set ups. Without it - all RCM program changes would need manually editing before the shared strip will work on a new system (can take a while and is a pain to do if lots of Prog changes)

The only real downside is that the script will take up to an extra second to start (as it reads in the scanboot data).

EDIT: Could I just ask - do you use the extra LBX Stripper Save and LBX Stripper Save As New Version lua scripts - tied to keyboard/toolbar shortcuts? So I know how to test properly.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine

Last edited by lb0; Today at 01:22 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 AM   #2975
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Dasombre,

Thanks for report - that's not intended behaviour - so will look into when I have some time. You might be able to get the old data back though as you can manually load the old save file into the script using the option on the ... main menu. But yes - not intuitive. I need to revisit saving again - but it is a delicate balance to prevent data loss...
thank you for the info.
I tried reloading the previous script data, but the problem is that it got saved over with the newer data. You can see this in the script header after opening a project while script window is open: "saved in 0.25 sec".

The problem to me seems, that when the script window is open and you open another project with script data, the script saves over the newly opened script data and so you can not reload unless you have manual backup enabled and load that.
From my simple point of view: Saving script should not happen after opening a project with script data, but that is what happens now. So I guess nothing will break if that is disabled at least in my noob-programmer-head
Basically, saving should only happen when any kind of "save" is performed not on any "load" or "open".

Thanks for the info regarding the Nebula-RCM. So this "one second" more to load is only happening on channels with those RCM+scanboot data or on the whole script when this is enabled?

Another little req. for later sometime regarding RCM: could this maybe be snapped somehow? I guess not, just like macros. Also when copying a RCM-button to another track it stops working (on the oher track where it is pasted), unlike other controls which can be copied around and still be used. But maybe that is just the nature of this special control.

Because I was looking for a way to change "consoles" (Nebula console programs) via snapshots on all tracks at the same time. I would have copied all RCM-buttons to one track and than would have made snapshots of different RCMs and could change complete consoles with just one click...of course I can do this with the normal program-change but this requires more controls and is less elegant. So not urgent but very useful.

Thanks again for the info
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:37 AM   #2976
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
EDIT: Could I just ask - do you use the extra LBX Stripper Save and LBX Stripper Save As New Version lua scripts - tied to keyboard/toolbar shortcuts? So I know how to test properly.
yes, I'm using the "Save as New Version.lua" (tied to Ctrl-Alt-S). Actually that's the reason how I found out about this "bug" yesterday. I installed the save-script and tried it out and came across this.

Saving works good
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 AM   #2977
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
thank you for the info.
I tried reloading the previous script data, but the problem is that it got saved over with the newer data. You can see this in the script header after opening a project while script window is open: "saved in 0.25 sec".

The problem to me seems, that when the script window is open and you open another project with script data, the script saves over the newly opened script data and so you can not reload unless you have manual backup enabled and load that.
From my simple point of view: Saving script should not happen after opening a project with script data, but that is what happens now. So I guess nothing will break if that is disabled at least in my noob-programmer-head
Basically, saving should only happen when any kind of "save" is performed not on any "load" or "open".

Thanks for the info regarding the Nebula-RCM. So this "one second" more to load is only happening on channels with those RCM+scanboot data or on the whole script when this is enabled?

Another little req. for later sometime regarding RCM: could this maybe be snapped somehow? I guess not, just like macros. Also when copying a RCM-button to another track it stops working (on the oher track where it is pasted), unlike other controls which can be copied around and still be used. But maybe that is just the nature of this special control.

Because I was looking for a way to change "consoles" (Nebula console programs) via snapshots on all tracks at the same time. I would have copied all RCM-buttons to one track and than would have made snapshots of different RCMs and could change complete consoles with just one click...of course I can do this with the normal program-change but this requires more controls and is less elegant. So not urgent but very useful.

Thanks again for the info
Quick reply - got work to do :/

Copying RCM to another track won't work until you reassign a ReaControlMidi VST from the new track to it. It requires the link to the VST to work.

Or are you saying you still want it to affect the original track and this doesn't work - prob. not something I've tested.

The scanboot is only read when the script is first opened.

And the saving data is really very complex - because Reaper doesn't provide any nice notifications that these things are actually taking place - so I've tried to make it as robust as possible - but it's obviously still not quite right - so will look into...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #2978
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Or are you saying you still want it to affect the original track and this doesn't work - prob. not something I've tested.
exactly, I want it to affect the original ReaControl-MIDI-VST, not a new one.


Quote:
and the saving data is really very complex - because Reaper doesn't provide any nice notifications that these things are actually taking place - so I've tried to make it as robust as possible - but it's obviously still not quite right - so will look into...
I understand. Saving seems robust to me
It's the instant-saving directly after loading a project that makes problems I guess.

Thank you for the info regarding scanboot.
And please no hurry, just wanted to report
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 AM   #2979
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
exactly, I want it to affect the original ReaControl-MIDI-VST, not a new one.




I understand. Saving seems robust to me
It's the instant-saving directly after loading a project that makes problems I guess.

Thank you for the info regarding scanboot.
And please no hurry, just wanted to report
The problem with the instant saving - is not that it's instant saving - it's getting confused between a new version of the project (where it does want to save new data) and a completely new project (where it wants to LOAD data).

If Reaper would simply give notification somehow that Save has been pressed, or Save As, or Save As New, or Load Project, things would be simple. But it doesn't. The only thing I have is a flag that tells me if the project is dirty or not!

So I have to work out from that single flag and the project name which of those options has occurred so the script can save/load the appropriate data.

I think this is partially why I created the Save As New.lua and Save As.lua scripts - to override the default Reaper Save options - so I could get it to work the way I wanted.

Anyway - it's not working as it should so I'll try to work out a solution
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #2980
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I think this is partially why I created the Save As New.lua and Save As.lua scripts - to override the default Reaper Save options - so I could get it to work the way I wanted.
totally understand, not an easy task as it seems.
So to me you proposed the solution already
--> a .lua action like you did for save, but just with "open project" which does not do a save after opening a project or chooses the right script data.

But thats just me babbling away in a non-programmer language

thank you for the insight into the problem.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:11 AM   #2981
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Funny

I'll share ... I was never much on Electronic Music [is this EDM] ... but I must say, I've found your music [even as you switch through different things] enjoyable.

Still ... I'm blown away how you fly around the screen making changes. [and your GUI design and layout ... impressive ! ]

You post ... we'll watch/listen.

... and thanks for putting up with us Neb-nerds. I can see how it can impact on so many levels ... but what lb0 has created for those from Nebula is phenomenal.
Thank you RJ!

its really valuable because comes from non electronic music listener..
i have absolutely no idea about the specific genre
thanks to Leon i can combine easily a lot of different type sound sources..
but i think it depends on the snapshot that currently playing
speaking of the sound sources, i realized (+ still testing) just a few hours ago..
if i use JS midi bus router in this setup,
for example:
i can create 16 instances of kontakt filled 16 channels with the kick samples..so 16x128x16=over 32000
just for the kick... same for snare & percussions etc...
..crazy!

anyway,
i swear, to me all the work Leon did is Phenomenal!

gui stuff nah!
i am just a hobbyist but i take the compliment
Thank you.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #2982
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

RJ - Have just released an important update which fixes a problem with the RCM switches.

I didn't realize somehow - that when a ReaControlMIDI VST is active and has the bank/prog enabled tickbox ticked - when you load a project it automatically resends whatever data is saved in it. Thus all the Nebula instances get reset as soon as you load a project :/

Anyway - I've found a workaround. All you need to do in your strips - is edit all the ReaControlMIDI instances and UNCHECK the Bank/Program Select Enabled checkboxes. Then resave the strip.

I've altered my code to temporarily enable the checkbox when choosing the program - then disabling it again. So at no point should the project be saved with the option enabled (and thus resetting values on project load).

And the update also contains hopefully A fix for Dasombre's issue. The problem was that when loading an older version of the same project - the project id's were identical so it didn't realise the project was different. And then it also wasn't resetting the project dirty flag - so immediately saved the strip - and overwriting the old data file with the wrong data!! D'Oh!

Now it checks the project name also and some other stuff.

Oops - just checked and it's broken when Create New Project is selected...

Ok fixed - I think.

Please be careful using this new version - I've tested as thoroughly as possible in the time I've had...

Just let me know if you notice any odd behaviour with saving/loading...

PLEASE NOTE: If you've downloaded in the last hour - there were some hiccups with that version - please download latest.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:17 PM   #2983
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

OK ... dL'd the latest LUA version.

Went in an changed the RMC setting as prescribed.

Everything looks to be working [patches are changing as expected].

Glad you caught this, as I've yet to use a STRIP in a saved project. That should be happening very soon.

Meantime ... still updating several more STRIPS with patch change feature [and other things].

THANKS lb0
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #2984
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
OK ... dL'd the latest LUA version.

Went in an changed the RMC setting as prescribed.

Everything looks to be working [patches are changing as expected].

Glad you caught this, as I've yet to use a STRIP in a saved project. That should be happening very soon.

Meantime ... still updating several more STRIPS with patch change feature [and other things].

THANKS lb0
That's great - of course I'll be very happy to test out the updated strip if you like
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #2985
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,019
Default

Prep'ing to email as we speak !



... EDIT---

... and sent !

Last edited by RJHollins; Today at 02:53 PM.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #2986
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Seems my changes to the save routine have created a new bug where if you create a new project - start creating a strip - and then use Reaper's default save routine - File->Save / SaveAs - it loses all the data :O

So for now please make sure if you start a new project - either save it before opening Stripper, or use the LBX Save Project.lua script to save (this works ok).

I'll look into the problem tomorrow and hopefully provide a fix... Sorry about this - but all the different options means getting the logic correct for this is not straightforward.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #2987
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Prep'ing to email as we speak !

Great - will test tomorrow
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #2988
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
And the update also contains hopefully A fix for Dasombre's issue. The problem was that when loading an older version of the same project - the project id's were identical so it didn't realise the project was different. And then it also wasn't resetting the project dirty flag - so immediately saved the strip - and overwriting the old data file with the wrong data!! D'Oh!

Now it checks the project name also and some other stuff.
Thanks a lot for the fix Leon! Just tested the latest version and loading works fine now. Everything loads as it was saved before.

But a new quirk came up: making a blank new project now freezes Reaper completely when you have the script window open and controls in there.

The black window from LBX comes up: "Reading data file...Please wait..." but nothing happens and force quit is the only thing what closes Reaper then.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #2989
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
Thanks a lot for the fix Leon! Just tested the latest version and loading works fine now. Everything loads as it was saved before.

But a new quirk came up: making a blank new project now freezes Reaper completely when you have the script window open and controls in there.

The black window from LBX comes up: "Reading data file...Please wait..." but nothing happens and force quit is the only thing what closes Reaper then.
Yeah - the 'fix' has caused several problems elsewhere - I spent the last hour trying different things out - but not found a solution.

I've not had frozen Reaper yet - but mine deletes all data if a strip is created before you save the project (so it is unnamed).

It might be freezing for you if you have no tracks in your default template. Mine always has tracks in it - so might not see the same problems.

You see all the different things that need to be dealt with? And all I have is a project dirty flag (1 or 0) and the project name. From these two bits of data I need to work out whether the project has been saved/saved as a new file/new tab opened/old project loaded with same project id/old project loaded with different project id/new project created...

I don't know if there is a good solution - if it's even possible to cover all the options.

I'll look into it tomorrow some more... I give up for today!!! :/
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #2990
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,393
Default

I've reverted the save fix for tonight - it just made things worse...

will look into another solution tomorrow.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper
https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXChaosEngine
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #2991
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

puuh, this sounds hard to do with only those 2 variables...
I hope you don't hurt your head with this

As I said earlier, I can work around the load-issue by making a macro (stop all scripts then run open command), but still sooner or later someone will reload a previous project with the script window open and then there will be a lot of head-scratching I guess.

That's why I thought that a special "LBX-open project.lua" would have been enough, without changing the inner workings of how the script-data is read, saved and managed.

But thank you very much for looking for a fix! Much appreciated!
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:47 PM   #2992
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I've not had frozen Reaper yet - but mine deletes all data if a strip is created before you save the project (so it is unnamed).
confirmed here too

Quote:
It might be freezing for you if you have no tracks in your default template. Mine always has tracks in it - so might not see the same problems.
no, here it is happening when beeing in a normal saved project, then wanting to make a new blank project while LBX is open, then it freezes.

Good night and give your brain a little rest
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.