Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
qwa
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and ART USB Dual Pre

Hey all, I love Reaper and this forum and I am excited to have ditched Logic and the Mac for this setup.I am, however, having some difficulty with sound drivers. I am new to the PC/DAW scene so forgive me for my naivete; I am more of a musician, and less of an engineer.

1. What driver should I use when nothing is connected?

2. What driver should I use when my ART USB Dual Pre is connected?

I have DL'd ASIO4ALL, but there seems to be two places to tweak, the driver itself and then the I/O within prefs. Another thing is that the USB PRE says it needs no driver (from the manual: The USB interface is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for record. It will work with the USB audio device drivers built into Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista 32bit and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support. No special drivers are needed).

I've been having a lot of Reaper 'not responding' issues playing around with this. I did see where you can adjust the latency per manufacturer specs -- that's awesome.

Anyhoo, I hope I'm not being vague -- I'd like to be able to plug in my PRE and have it work, or unplug it and have it default to the conexant driver. For some reason this is difficult.

Last edited by qwa; 08-16-2009 at 09:44 AM.
qwa is offline   Reply With Quote