Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Hooty Toledo
Human being with feelings

Default Unexplained volume drop on guitar track

I just went in to a project to make a few adjustments after rendering a song the previous night, and one of the guitar tracks has become so quiet that I can't hear it at all in the mix (the audio is still there, just at a much (much!) quieter volume than it should be). Strangely, the peak levels on the meter haven't dropped at all, just the audible sound.

Nothing has changed in regards to the volume and trim automation on that track, or any other that it passes through, and everything else is fine.

I've tried unfreezing the track, bypassing and unticking any VSTs on the track, and checked everything I could think of.

I hope I haven't accidently done something stupid (always a possiblility!), but it seems like a bug.

That said, I've searched to see if anyone else has had a similar issue but couldn't find anything, which makes me wonder if it still might be user error.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or can anyone think of any possible reasons/solutions?

(Reaper 5.40 64bit, win 10)
Hooty Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
cfillion

Do you hear anything (does any signal reach master) when you solo the problematic track? Perhaps the track's Master/parent send is disabled?

Consider sharing a minimal copy of the project (without media/FX and unrelated tracks) so you can get help figuring out what is happening with that track.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Hooty Toledo

Thanks for the suggestion, cfillion. I checked the routing and all was as it should be.

One thing I didn't try was closing Reaper and reopening it (you never know!), although I did try reloading the project. I will go back to it in a bit and if it hasn't magically fixed it, then I will think about rending the track to share, although it sounded the same as before just much quieter.

Cheers.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
Hooty Toledo

I opened the project and it had fixed itself by the power of magic. No idea what happened.

I probably should have tried turning Reaper off and then on again sooner.

I will commit HariKari later to punish myself.