Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #1
X-Tech
Human being with feelings

Default Copy/Paste - Links to Prameters from VSTor VSTI - Action ?

Hi. In short: I like experimenting with REASAMPLOMATIC (and other vst/vsti) KNOBS by link parameters operation between plugins on the same track - one plugin knob value control another plugin knob value. Is way to copy links to parameters (recieves or sends) from same VST or VSTI to another instance of the same VST or VSTI - for example from ONE reasamplomatic to another ?

Imagine. Make some links from one Reasamplomatic knobs to another Reasamplomatic which be controlled by first REASAMPLOMATIC and copy this links (recieves) from second REASAMPLOMATIC to another instances - in this way first REASAMPLOMATIC can control parameters of each new copy in same way as control 2nd copy - so basically if attack of first reasamplomatic control second reasamplomatic attack - after copy link to parameters even each new copy can be controlled in same way as 2nd REASAMPLOMATIC by 1st REASAMPLOMATIC cause they get same link to parameters (recieves) as 2nd instance of REASAMPLOMATIC. Or in different situation synth1 freq linked to equalizer freq band 1. When i make new eq instance want again the same link from synth1 - so this is another situation when copy link to parameter (send or recieve) would be usefull in this case recieve from eq1 would be copied to same eq but new instance (copy of same vst eq1 )

When i copy Reasamplomatic into which i linked some paremeter in new copy links will not exist in REAPER - so need manual operation over again to link each knob. Copying link to parameters between same plugin as copy/paste action could be cool and handy for multiple plugin instances when 1 control knob control another vst knob and want copy of this operation on new instances. Does exist thing like this ? I found action which can copy recieves and sends between tracks - i think in the same way about links to parameters between vst and vsti - they are pretty same but work between vst/vsti knobs - so why not copy them if they give so amazing possibilities.

Last edited by X-Tech; 02-06-2016 at 01:10 AM.
X-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 AM   #2
noise_construct
Human being with feelings

Not sure if it is possible, but would certainly be very useful!
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote