Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-11-2015, 02:15 AM   #1
gastaxxx
Human being with feelings

Default Feature for ReStretch Group AFTER render (stem)

I guys, I want to try an alternative to preserve group (multimic) to phaserelated problem when I use strecth.

I edit al my group (drum) with elastic time, if I work directly with in the mix, I have some problem with phase of tracks.
There is a feature that, before render, bypass stretch marker (no stretch so no phase's problem) and reapply them on the stem track?

It would be cool if this function can be applied directly when I freeze my group so if i want to modify mix of the group I can reopen my group, mod and create new stem with no phase problem.

Sorry for my english and thanks!
gastaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
EpicSounds

If you are hearing phase issues with stretching it is a bug, it may not sound perfect but there should be no shifts in timing between tracks or shifts in stereo image.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
James HE

Make sure you are not using any of the "preserve formants" modes in the stretching.

If you need one of those modes, you can render all the mics to a multichannel wave file - and do the stretching on that.
James HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
gastaxxx

Hi, I try different mode (but I don't use preserve formants) but stretch sound bad in the multimic group, I don't hear same "flanger" effect on single tracks, also on bass and guitar I have to edit D.I. and reamp it to have a good sound, the reamped sound is ok, so I think problem is the interaction of different tracks after the stretch.

If I create a multichannel I have to render my 20 tracks in a wave, then edit it and then export as separated?I never use multichannel wave before, I'll try!

Last edited by gastaxxx; 09-11-2015 at 03:15 PM.
gastaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote