Old 02-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
smueske
Human being with feelings

Default Machine, Man, Mind

Hey, all, I'm not getting very many hits on my soundcloud site, so I think what I'll do is critique three or four songs and post links to individual tracks. I have a few songs that I really hope folks will listen to and enjoy. I don't have much in the world, but I'd like to think my babies are doing something other than just existing. Many thanks, in advance, for your time. Everything is free and downloadable.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-mueske/machine-man-mind

Last edited by smueske; 02-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.
smueske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
smueske

I think the link didn't work before. It worked for me, but a few others told me that it didn't work. At any rate, I edited the link, and hopefully it works for you now.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Jorgen

I gave it a spin. Very different thing for me. Arty electronica? The sounds were pleasurable, the groove seemed outside of the grid. Free form?
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
smueske

Hi, Jorgen, thanks for listening. I very much appreciate it. I'm not sure what you mean by free form, but I do try to write non-genre-specific pieces. I just try to go where the song takes me.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
shemp

I remember this one from way back when Very cool!!! Looking forward to new stuff from you.
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
smueske

Hey, Shemp (sorry, I don't remember your real name), you have a hella good memory. This song was never released, and I posted it on this forum as the last song I composed before my extended depression hit. I didn't go into my studio between mid-2009 until about a month ago. You must have been one of twenty or so people to have listened to it when I originally posted. I'm honored that you stopped back for a listen. Take care, my friend. Oh, and so I don't throw my other tune to the top of the forum, thanks for listening to Duende as well!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
shemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
Hey, Shemp (sorry, I don't remember your real name), you have a hella good memory. This song was never released, and I posted it on this forum as the last song I composed before my extended depression hit. I didn't go into my studio between mid-2009 until about a month ago. You must have been one of twenty or so people to have listened to it when I originally posted. I'm honored that you stopped back for a listen. Take care, my friend. Oh, and so I don't throw my other tune to the top of the forum, thanks for listening to Duende as well!
It's all good. I like your stuff. Keep it up!
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
jogr

I can't agree more. Nice work man. It's very different. I like how it slowly transforms into something more symphonic / atmospheric and then suddenly cuts back into progressive electronic, almost dub Keep it up!
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
smueske

Thank you for the good words. Very much appreciated.