Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
ezurick
Human being with feelings

Default File Management in Reaper

Hi. I am new to Reaper. I am mainly use to a different legacy system and I miss one of the features that it offered. it was an "Audio File" window and was basically an internal file management windows to maintain your audio files or recordings. Perhaps Reaper offers this and I missed it...

But currently when I record a track and hit stop, it gives me an option to save or delete. Sometimes I want to save it just to check it out... but it I want to re-do it and get rid of that take, I have to delete it off the timeline and use Windows Explorer to find the folder and manually delete all corresponding files. In my legacy (Paris) system it had an audio file window that maintained ALL files associated with the song project. You could easily delete takes hogging space, you could lock files so they don't get accidently deleted, etc. etc... Is there anything in Reaper like this?

Sorry if this was so basic... but I don't see anything like that....
ezurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezurick View Post
You could easily delete takes hogging space, you could lock files so they don't get accidently deleted, etc. etc... Is there anything in Reaper like this?
'File->Clean current project directory'. Be aware that each project should be in its own folder to use this function safely. Reaper has no internal file management functions besides some checkboxes to move/copy files in the "Save as" dialog and if you didn't start the project in its own folder, you should use them first to create a folder and copy the files to that folder to be on the safe side before you use the "clean current..." function.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote