Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #1
C-H
Human being with feelings

Default M-Audio Oxygen 49 Mapping - attached template.

First post on these forums.

Been browsing for some time and installed Reaper 4.77.
Truly excellent advice on here

Trying to give something back by posting a template project that maps the M-Audio Oxygen 49 controller to work as a Control for Reaper.
It's nothing fancy but might be of some help.

These are the functions mapped to the controller.

Transport : Play/Pause, Stop, Record, Repeat, Fwd, Rev
Track Select : buttons "<", ">" on controller.
Faders : Master to C9, Track1/C1 up to Track8/C8
Mute tracks : Select track using "<" and ">" then press button C26 under fader C9 (couldn't get buttons C18-C25 to work. It could be done by editing the Oxygen 49 settings).

The template track has 8 tracks with track 1-6 mapped to MIDI Ch 1-6 so this is a basic setup to compose with VSTi synthesizers.
Just click "Select" on the Oxygen 49 until the option for MIDI Ch shows and use + and - to select channel.

The Oxygen is set up to send CC for the faders/pots/buttons on MIDI Ch 16 (got it used and this is how it was configured).

Quick and easy way to get going. Attached is the Reaper project and keymap file (NOTE! It is a complete default keymap with the Oxygen mapping added).

- Christian -

Now on Reaper stash.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Oxygen49 1-8+M.RPP (5.4 KB, 954 views)
File Type: reaperkeymap Oxygen 49.ReaperKeyMap (343 Bytes, 901 views)

Last edited by C-H; 04-10-2015 at 11:27 AM.
C-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #2
garyo

This is great......BUT...... i have an Oxygen49 however I guess I'm not sure how to use your stuff.

I found where to load the keymap file....but... kind of lost as to how to get it to work? Wonder is you can point me to some directions or maybe explain a little how to make the mappings work with my keyboard.

Thanks
garyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
C-H

1. Download the Template project file to the 'ProjectTemplate' folder used by Reaper. For Win7 it is located under AppData/Roaming/REAPER/

2. Download the key map file to 'KeyMaps' folder (same location as above).

3. Start REAPER and activate the MIDI controller with 'Options' --> 'Preferences' and then 'Audio' --> 'MIDI Devices'. The Oxygen should show up as a device. Enable both options available.

3. Load the KeyMap file under 'Actions' Menu.

4. Load template under 'File' --> 'Project templates'

If it works you should now have a project with 8 tracks where Track 1 is mapped to MIDI Ch1, Track 2 / MIDI Ch2, Track 3 / MIDI Ch3, Track 4 / MIDI Ch4, Track 5 / MIDI Ch 5, and Track 6 / MIDI Ch6. Track 7 & 8 are not assigned to MIDI.

The faders on the Oxygen should now be assigned as volume faders for Track 1-8 and Fader 9 should be the Mater volume.
The transport buttons are assigned to the transport controls in Reaper.

Select track with the track buttons on the Oxygen and Mute/Unmute the selected track with the button under the master fader (C26).

Tracks 1-6 are now ready to be used with a VSTi. Click the 'FX' button on the track control show the 'Show Track FX Window'. Pick a VSTi to load. (Load a VSTi for just one track or all six)

Select which VSTi to play by setting the Global MIDI Ch on the Oxygen 49 (Press 'Select' three times until the dot in the LED display is above 'Global' and the display reads for example) c.01, this means the global MIDI Ch is 1. Press '+' or '-' to select channel.

Arm the track and it is now ready to play live on the keyboard or record MIDI to a track by pressing 'Record'. Alternatively you can compose in Piano roll just as usual..... or in any other way you'd like to work with VST instruments.

Hopefully this works and it wasn't a rookie mistake to post just these two files if the functionality is lost on the way somehow.
It's a very basic generic setup to get going with VSTi synths fast.
By setting the MID Ch on the Oxygen it is now easy to pick between the loaded instruments.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
C-H

This was setup using the default Reaper 4.77 theme.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
garyo

Thanks so much....... those instruction work great!!
garyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
C-H

Phew, great. Thought there was a problem with the files for a while.

For tons of free VSTi plugins check out www.vst4free.com. There are tons of emulations for old classics in there. Tons of fun for free.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
tricky2k

This is great, C-H but, to avoid that the thread is lost in two days, and therefore the keymap, why don't you post it in the Stash? It's Reaper's repository for user made templates, keymaps, themes and so forth, so it always stays there available and easy to find.

https://stash.reaper.fm/
tricky2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
C-H

Thx, Good point.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #9
tricky2k

You welcome, I'm sure I'll give a good use to the keymap, the O49 sitting next to me it's just a dust collector right now
tricky2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
C-H

It's on the stash with instructions now. Search for 'Oxygen' under KeyMaps.

The thread can now die peacefully.

Last edited by C-H; 04-10-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: errors
Old 11-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #11
Mortimous

Default Thank You

Thankyou so much for this, just starting with Reaper, and was getting a bit lost in configuring my Oxygen, this will allow me to start digging into reaper so much faster!
Mortimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #12
ginfunti

Default No transport for me

Hi C-H, I have followed the instructions and I can see the 8-tracks mapped to channells, play, change the instrument, etc.
What it doesn't work for me is the transport and all the other knobs, faders and buttons. I am quite newbie, using Reaper 5.1 and I have uploaded the keymap using Actions->Show actions list->Import/Export. It seems all OK, but then transport buttons don't work. Any suggeation? Thanks
ginfunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #13
Smiley

just bought a oxygen 61 mkiv

Im trying to figure out how to change the fader bank...

I can map tracks 1-8 faders but i cant figure out how to change the fader bank on the oxygen to where I dont have to change which midi channel im on in order to get the faders on the oxygen to control a different cc value

Anyone got a solution on how to change the faders on the oxygen to the next bank? I mean they have 8 faders on the oxygen itself, they had to of designed it to where u press a button and it would control a imaginary 9-16 .. 17-24 ... etc
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #14
C-H

I don't think the O-49 is designed with 'banks'. It would be great but haven't seen anything.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #15
stanshear

Default Can't load the KeyMap and Template files under the Actions menu

I've just found C-H's post which is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't figure out one thing:
Under points 3 and 4 under "Load the KeyMap file under 'Actions' menu, and Load template under 'File'---> 'Project Templates', when I try to do this by selecting 'Actions/Load', I see that Reaper is not listed under 'All supported files' so I select the 'All files' option and then,the Keymap file which I have downloaded is shown. But when I select it, then Reaper comes up with a message "No supported script files could be loaded".
Can somebody advise me how to proceed further?

Thanks

Stan
stanshear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:24 PM   #16
C-H

See answer in your new thread.