Old 05-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
chrisdivinechaos
Human being with feelings

Default Stop playback following MIDI edits

Hi There

How do I stop the playback point following every edit I do? Each time I click on a cell the playback triangle at the top jumps in line with the cell I click on.

Thanks
chrisdivinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdivinechaos View Post
How do I stop the playback point following every edit I do? Each time I click on a cell the playback triangle at the top jumps in line with the cell I click on.
So when you left click in the MIDI editor, you don't want the edit cursor to move to the clicked position? In prefs, under Mouse Modifiers, select MIDI piano roll left click context and for the default action, just set it to "Deselect all notes".
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
chrisdivinechaos

Thanks for your reply, not quite, its more about where the playback point moves to, say for example I was editing a bar of MIDI and I wanted it to play from the start of the bar, I have the playback triangle set to the start of the bar, if I then move a note within that bar the playback triangle moves to the position of that note but I don't want it to move there
Old 05-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
tack

Ah, I think I follow you. Try changing the default action for MIDI note left click in mouse modifiers. I have mine set to Select note, and the default is to select the note and move edit cursor. Clearly that also bothered me -- probably ages ago and I'd forgotten about it
Old 05-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
chrisdivinechaos

Thats a good suggestion, you know what the problem is, unfortunately changing that mouse modifier didn't work, any other ideas? Whats the name of that little playback point triangle? Maybe I can look through the options for changing its behaviour?
Old 05-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdivinechaos View Post
Thats a good suggestion, you know what the problem is, unfortunately changing that mouse modifier didn't work, any other ideas? Whats the name of that little playback point triangle? Maybe I can look through the options for changing its behaviour?
It's called the edit cursor.

Are you sure you clicked apply? Or modified the right mouse modifier context?
Old 05-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #7
chrisdivinechaos

Yeah did all of those things, Apply and OK'd it, had it on the left click too, thanks for the info if you can think of anything else let me know thanks so much for all your input!