Old 04-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Revamp the markers I say

There are several things about markers in Reaper that I don't get, all relating to how if you have a fair amount of markers laid down what you get is visually not helpful zoomed out. Marker numbers covering up previous marker text is especially rough.

This pic is about 45 minutes of audio and only around 25 markers, not a lot at all. Text gets completely cut off by adjacent number icons, doesn't even come back on the other side. None of the customizations I've tried does enough. Changing colors doesn't do much, as the positioning issue is still there. Increasing marker text font size in the theme teacher doesn't help, because that also increases the whole timeline font, and it gets eaten by the next number even sooner besides.

If it has to be close to this way the numbers and text need to be separately toggle-able to see what's being hidden. And they shouldn't be in the same row of the lane so they interfere with each other. Have the text so that the entire text is shown and sacrifice the legibility of the next marker's # if zoomed out. Etc etc yada yada.

I think Cockos should make an hour file, put 75 markers down, half with texts of at least 20 characters, and then arrange the marker characteristics in such a way that you can see enough info at fully zoomed out for it to be useful, and zoomed in maybe 25% you can read everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper marker ss -- .jpg (35.9 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by vdubreeze; 04-18-2016 at 03:54 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote