Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
dadeisgone
Human being with feelings

Default does reaper support windows 8.1 touchscreen capability

im thinking about getting one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4bl_fuvMc

im wondering if anyone has tried one or know if reaper would support this, if i got one i would mainly use it for the mixer and floating toolbar. im building a new pc right now and thought it would be fun to have a touchscreen!
dadeisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
dadeisgone

No one?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
mainframe

As far as I know (no personal experience) touchscreen is supported BUT only one finger and some gestures. I've been wanting to go touchscreen for my mixing but the one pointer issue is holding me back. I don't think it's currently planned to implement this feature although imo it is badly needed.

Personal rant: I've been looking at controllers ranging from shop to diy, MIDI, OSC, tablets etc, the whole works and haven't found any platform that looks future proof to me. I started coding an osc controller in puredata but it ends up being to sluggish for all sorts of reasons. EX: Reapers vsts have very strange/random slider values (lin/log). This can be overcome with programming but is very annoying.
Anyway, at the end of the day multitouch support for the build in mixer looks like the best option to me. Especialy with the walter feature already implemented. We could design our own mixers for different applications/screensizes. Cockos would 'just' need to implement the protocol and leave the practical design to the community.
Ok, that's about it, maybe we need to start a feature request or a poll to see who would need/want this feature?
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
dadeisgone

yeah it seems like that touchscreen monitor in my originalpost has to have some kind of built in code/driver that makes touches essentailly mouse movements. IF thats the case and thats a big IF then i would assume it should work outta the box...i just wanted to be able to have the mixer and my custom toolbar on the touchcreen. even if it isnt multi touch natively with reaper i can make "buttons" on the custom toolbar to do everything i need, other wise i just want to be able to "touch the faders" wouldnt hurt to be able to touch and open any plugins i have on that channel

ill probably be ordering one very soon when i do ill post a video if it works
Old 09-27-2014, 04:56 AM   #5
Superfly76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainframe View Post
As far as I know (no personal experience) touchscreen is supported BUT only one finger and some gestures. I've been wanting to go touchscreen for my mixing but the one pointer issue is holding me back. I don't think it's currently planned to implement this feature although imo it is badly needed.

Personal rant: I've been looking at controllers ranging from shop to diy, MIDI, OSC, tablets etc, the whole works and haven't found any platform that looks future proof to me. I started coding an osc controller in puredata but it ends up being to sluggish for all sorts of reasons. EX: Reapers vsts have very strange/random slider values (lin/log). This can be overcome with programming but is very annoying.
Anyway, at the end of the day multitouch support for the build in mixer looks like the best option to me. Especialy with the walter feature already implemented. We could design our own mixers for different applications/screensizes. Cockos would 'just' need to implement the protocol and leave the practical design to the community.
Ok, that's about it, maybe we need to start a feature request or a poll to see who would need/want this feature?
I would absolutely love this. Sonar has it in their mixer. I'm looking at getting the ACER T232HL Touchscreen LED Monitor. Tried it out today in a store. The monitor looked beautiful and responded well to touch. It leans way back with the inbuilt stand. I could imagine reclining two of these puppies under my two wall mounted monitors, putting the mixer down there, and mixing away like a console.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #6
ivansc

Wait till you have sat at your touchscreen for hours leaning forward to touch the screen.

Chiropractic recommended....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
Superfly76

That's only if you're using it like a traditional display.

I see them being immensely useful as a second display, or in my case, a third display.

I'd like mine set up in front of me lying nearly flat, with the mixer on it, down in front of my two 24 inch monitors.

I don't want it to replace my mouse, trackball, touchpad, and faderport. Just want it to augment it. AFAIC the more input devices, the better.

Last edited by Superfly76; 09-27-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Superfly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
whiteaxxxe
Banned

I kill everybody who puts his fingers on my screen. ask my son ... :.-))) never touch a screen I was told when I was young ...
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote