Old 07-24-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
franky4fingers
Human being with feelings

Default Parameter modulation question

Hi guys, asked this parameter modulation question in Q&A forum, and I was suggested to ask here.
Think I’ll better explain my question with a little context.
Was asked from a couple of studios to find a way to manage more instances of a certain plugin, using a single, different plugin’s interface they'd choose case by case - I’ll call this one “controller”, just used to control parameters and set to 0%wet -. Found a way to do many things with Reaper’s parameter modulation (thank you Reaper devs for this option!) together with Bidule plugin, still sometimes have a strong limitation, that is:

Let’s take an eq. “Controller” has variable frequency knobs, while target eq is stepped. If I want to know, from “controller” interface, what’s the real actual freq value, only solution I found is having a stereo eq “controller” and dedicate one of its 2 channels to “display” what real values are (stepped) - sorry if what I wrote is not so clear, that’s the best I can explain… here’s a Youtube video with an example where I had this problem: Video_Custom Nice Eq (first two minutes) -

So my question is:
is there a way I can get rid of this “1 channel to tweak, one channel to read” thing, and just force “controller” knob to move by steps when I tweak it? Maybe a way to get “controller” knob linked from something while still having the chance to manually tweak it?
Don’t know anything about scripting in Reaper, but I can spend some time to learn if you tell me that can help me in things like this.
franky4fingers is offline   Reply With Quote