Old 08-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

Default Orphaned Recordings

This is maybe the 5th time I've brought this up since buying Reaper and it appears to still be the same way.
1. Open an existing song for overdubs.
2. Record, overdub, and later decide that it's just not working, put it off until later.
3. Close the song, choose not to save it.
Reaper has no concept of the orphaned audio files. What it really should do is actively track the files recorded or bounced in the current launch and if you don't actually save the song, it should prompt you to clean up those files, delete them, when closing.

Most professional workstations I've used seem to do that if you close a song in that state, like below...

Last edited by Lawrence; 08-18-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Tod

Yeah, I agree that it would be nice. I just wonder how much would be tacked onto the install if they did that.

What I've been doing lately is just renaming the source files before I delete them, I name them something like "ZZZZZZ 01, ZZZZZZ 02, etc.. That way they're always at the end for easy deleting.

Actually to be on the safe side I'll put them in another TEMP folder until I'm sure it's safe to actually delete them.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Razaali1

Thanks! That helps. I am still getting to know all of REAPER's options and menus.