Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-10-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
Stretch2M
Human being with feelings

Default Audiobook Production: Tens of stacked regions

I am producing audiobooks for the ACX platform using Reaper. Each chapter needs a separate .mp3 file.

My setup is to record each chapter on a separate track, each track starting at zero. I then render each track as it's completed.

Reaper sadly isn't able to automatically render just the items on a single track, for just the lengh of the track.

So I've set up a render region matrix. This works, and I can set up regions without a problem. As it's not possible to edit the region length from the manager or matrix, the only way to edit the region length is to drag the region start and finish in the Reaper header. This is fine.

But when getting beyond 30 regions, all stacked because they all start at zero, things get tricky.

If I need to edit a region length, even with the Reaper header extended to the maximum, the needed region "banner" is not always shown in the header. Therefore the length can't be changed. The only solution I've found is to delete the old region and create a new one.

Is there a better way than this?

Many thanks.
Stretch2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:55 AM   #2
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

I answered in this thread:
Render Track by its Item Bounds
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote