Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
mikeroephonics
Human being with feelings

Default JS for CC to Program Change converter?

JS for CC to Program Change converter?

Hi.

TL;DR:
Here's an odd one. I'm trying find either a JS or VST which can convert MIDI Continuous Controller messages to MIDI Program Change messages.

I'm using a Kontakt script called Mind Control to use CCs for switching between patches within Kontakt Instrument Banks.

This works wonderfully except Mind Control can only use one CC type per-instance.

I'd like to use 2 separate hardware sliders to control 1 instance of Mind Control. The basic idea:

1.)
Use 2 hardware sliders to switch between different playing techniques
(Slider 1=long bows, Slider 2=short bows.)

2.)
Slider 1 to send a CC straight to Mind Control.

3.) Slider 2 to send a CC to a JS, convert the CC to a Program Change Message, sending the Program Change message into Mind Control.

Additional uses:

Anyone needing to send Program Change messages to a synth/sampler/whatever from a MIDI keyboard with only Pitch & Modwheel (and maybe a few sliders for CCs.)

Thanks!

Last edited by mikeroephonics; 01-07-2013 at 11:27 PM.
mikeroephonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Anton9

The Insert Piz Here midi collection has a couple of plugins that can convert CC to PC one is called midiConverter3 and the other is midiProgramChange.

They just have a generic interface, but for the midProgramChange there is an alternate version with a GUI here http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiPCGUI

I do recommend getting the Piz MIDI plugin collection though because it has a lot of useful plugs.., it can be found here http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Mr. Data

I'd recommend them as well, They're really helpful in solving many MIDI problems.

-Data
Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
DarkStar

^^^^
+1

or - see the attached. One selects the next program, the other uses the CC data value as the Program number.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DS_MIDI_CC_to_PC.txt (1.7 KB, 836 views)
File Type: txt DS_MIDI_CC_to_PC_01.txt (1.5 KB, 647 views)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
mikeroephonics

Thanks, everyone! It turns out I have the whole Insert Piz MIDI collection already. I'll check it out today.

I'll also test your JS, Darkstar. Thanks for the DL links!

Mike
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Xane002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
^^^^
+1

or - see the attached. One selects the next program, the other uses the CC data value as the Program number.
How do I use your scripts?
Xane002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xane002 View Post
How do I use your scripts?
Just drop them into [Reaper's resource directory]/Effects, or a subfolder of that directory. That's where the JS plugins live. You can (but don't necessarily need to) delete the file extension .txt (DarkStar needed to add the file extension to be able to attach the files to his post)
In Reaper they show up in the "Add FX" dialog as JS plugins.

To find Reaper's resource directory on your system, go into Reaper's Options menu and click "Show Reaper resource path in explorer/finder...".
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:04 AM   #8
tusitala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
^^^^
+1

Dear Darkstar,

Hi...I know this is a very old thread but wanted to to try and ask you anyway...do you think you could help me using your scripts, if you have a little time? I would be massively thankful...

here's what i want to do:
I use VSL Vienna instruments pro, that allows for matrix changes to respond to Program Changes.
I have my Korg nanokontrol studio with my buttons mapped to CC#32 each with a value of 1,2,3,4 etc etc...like this:

i would like to press them so that they activate program change 1,2,3,4 and so on so that VI Pro switches to the relative articulation...is it something i can do?
I tried using your script but somehow i couldn't make it work, i'm sure there's something i'm doing wrong.

Thank you very much!
All the best!
-t
tusitala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #9
DarkStar

The second JS FX will do it:

Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #10
reddiesel41264

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusitala View Post
Dear Darkstar,

Hi...I know this is a very old thread but wanted to to try and ask you anyway...do you think you could help me using your scripts, if you have a little time? I would be massively thankful...

here's what i want to do:
I use VSL Vienna instruments pro, that allows for matrix changes to respond to Program Changes.
I have my Korg nanokontrol studio with my buttons mapped to CC#32 each with a value of 1,2,3,4 etc etc...like this:

i would like to press them so that they activate program change 1,2,3,4 and so on so that VI Pro switches to the relative articulation...is it something i can do?
I tried using your script but somehow i couldn't make it work, i'm sure there's something i'm doing wrong.

Thank you very much!
All the best!
-t
I've only done a quick test with this so it may not work but here's a JSFX that should convert UACC (CC32) values to program change messages.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MIDI UACC to Program Change.txt (1.3 KB, 325 views)
Old 01-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
V'ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Insert Piz Here midiProgramChange
Thanks, this worked great with Reaper MIDI learn to get an incremental CC to program change (up and down program change) working with buttons on the MIDI keyboard:

I wanted the arrow buttons on the right of the Novation Launchkey Mini (channel 1, 104 & 105 CC) to cycle through the programs of a VSTi synth.

I then put the Insert Piz Here midiProgramChange plugin in front of the synth, then assigned the buttons to the sliders like this:

V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #12
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by V'ger View Post
Thanks, this worked great with Reaper MIDI learn to get an incremental CC to program change (up and down program change) working with buttons on the MIDI keyboard:

I wanted the arrow buttons on the right of the Novation Launchkey Mini (channel 1, 104 & 105 CC) to cycle through the programs of a VSTi synth.

I then put the Insert Piz Here midiProgramChange plugin in front of the synth, then assigned the buttons to the sliders like this:

You are a scholar. THANK YOU!!!!!