Old 08-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
hux
Human being with feelings

Default ideas on how to accomplish this?

Aight, here goes. please talk slow or you'll lose me..here's the gear and what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a UX2 and am happy with the effects.

I have a blackheart amp and am happy with the way it sounds being fed from the UX2 using gearbox through the analog out.

I would like to mike up the cab and record that signal back to my tracks through the UX2.

I also have a Fast-track USB interface.

I also have a behringer MX602 mixer.

Using the gear that I have, is there any way to make this work? I'm racking my brain and coming up short.

So far I've set Mic1+Instrument as the inputs..but setting the playback device to be the fasttrack(which seems to be required to avoid sending the whole mix to the analog out) disables the dual input on the UX2.

Am I out of luck? I really like the effects in gearbox and want to send them through the amp. Sigh.

Last edited by hux; 08-29-2009 at 07:24 PM.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
hux

I should also add, I have an A/B box as well. maybe that helps.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Reverbio

Can you not use the fast track as your main soundcard and just mic up your cab using that ?
assuming that you have the ux2 powered from the usb port, you could just plug into that, route the output to your cab and use the fast track mic inputs and choose the asio driver for input and output monitoring in reaper.

good luck.
Reverbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
hux

I'm using a condenser mike that requires phantom power, I should have specified that. So to mike anything it has to come IN through the UX2 as well. The fasttrack has no FP.

I'm thinking I might have to:

a)use the A/B to record a dry track in reaper, then figure out the whole re-amping thing

b)drag a laptop in there, run the guitar through GTR and back out to the A/B box to the amps, then mike that as per usual using UX2. I could record dry this way at the same time..hmmmm we might have a winner here. lol