Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
jakeonfiree
Human being with feelings

Default hide automation lanes

Is there an action (possibly in the stash?) for hiding automation lanes or overlaying them with the audio waveform? If not, is it feasible to do something like this? I feel like it would help workflow as the automation lanes get out of hand.

edit: Also, for the sake of not starting a new thread for this.. I cannot get the toolbar to move locations. It just opens up another instance of the toolbar. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Last edited by jakeonfiree; 02-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
jakeonfiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeonfiree View Post
Is there an action (possibly in the stash?) for hiding automation lanes or overlaying them with the audio waveform? If not, is it feasible to do something like this? I feel like it would help workflow as the automation lanes get out of hand.

edit: Also, for the sake of not starting a new thread for this.. I cannot get the toolbar to move locations. It just opens up another instance of the toolbar. Does anyone know what's up with that?
Check action list, in the filter just type "toggle envelope show" and "toggle envelope lane" to find respective actions

If you want to move toolbars across dockers just drag it's tab where you need it (pressing ctrl while dragging can help position it in the next docker) If you can't see the tab, right click the toolbar and position it in toolbar docker and drag it from there.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
jakeonfiree

It seems to just do this when I try to right click, open docker, and position.

http://img16.**************/img16/9431/toolbarhh.png
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Breeder

Quote:
It seems to just do this when I try to right click, open docker, and position.

http://img16.**************/img16/9431/toolbarhh.png
Because you're positioning it at the top and since it's the only thing up there, tab is hidden. Grab that small vertical line at the far left of the toolbar and drag it.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
jakeonfiree

It still isn't working doing it like that. The main toolbar is still in the same place. It seems like that toolbar is permanently docked.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Breeder

Quote:
It still isn't working doing it like that. The main toolbar is still in the same place. It seems like that toolbar is permanently docked.
You can't remove main toolbar from where it is (but you can put another toolbar over it).
It's only logical to be honest since removing the toolbar would leave an empty space there because you couldn't just stuff tracks there since next to the toolbar is the timeline/marker lane etc...

I though you wanted to move the other one positioned at the top in your screenshot (noticed just now that it is main toolbar, lol)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
jakeonfiree

aw. lame. haha. I guess I my tastes in aesthetics are weird. Thanks for the help with the automation action though. There is so much stuff you can customize. It's pretty overwhelming.