CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Rognarok
Human being with feelings

Default A couple of questions

Hello

First, I'd like to say I really like stashbox, since I registered here a day or two ago, but I have a couple questions.

1) I like to consider other peoples needs and such. I've searched for this answer but I haven't found it yet. My question is this: Is there a monthly bandwidth limit in place for files? I don't really plan on taking up a GB or something like that, but I'm hosting a couple MP3's right now, and a couple flash things, and this is my first time using a site for hotlinking, and I frankly don't want to break any rules or something like that.

2. I looked on the site when I upload files, and I downloaded shup, which I really like, but is there a way to upload multiple files right now? Either way via a web interface or shup. It doesn't matter to me.

3. I noticed the lack of intrusive ads, or ads in general on here. Is there a way I can support you guys through donations, a paid account, or just clicking a ad? I'm very happy with how things are right now, and I would like to show that. If not, is there a banner or button I can post on my site to link back to you guys?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

Hi Ragnarok, glad you like it

1) There is no set limit, but if your files run wild they will probably get deleted. A few gigs in a month isn't going to matter though.

2) Neither Shup nor Stashbox support multi-upload at this time.

3) I wouldn't be opposed to some linkage, though I'd prefer links to camelcamelcamel or camelbuy over link to Stashbox. PM me if you want to discuss that. Or, stick around long enough and I may put the donations button back on the Stashbox homepage.

Thanks for flying Stashbox!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Rognarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi Ragnarok, glad you like it

1) There is no set limit, but if your files run wild they will probably get deleted. A few gigs in a month isn't going to matter though.

2) Neither Shup nor Stashbox support multi-upload at this time.

3) I wouldn't be opposed to some linkage, though I'd prefer links to camelcamelcamel or camelbuy over link to Stashbox. PM me if you want to discuss that. Or, stick around long enough and I may put the donations button back on the Stashbox homepage.

Thanks for flying Stashbox!

Cool! Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
aus9

hi Dan

I hope you don't mind a follow up here rather than start a new thread?

I am on Linux so do not use shup.

Are you suggesting there is no limit to size of upload?

I tried to upload a size around 41 megs and aleady have some smaller isos here
which can be viewed in virtualbox for windows for windows users...they are public safe downloads.....as is most linux stuff.

cheers

and forgive me if I mis-understood in which case I will start a new thread

2) I could not spot easily the limit no limit in any faq either FWIW

3) Great site....I used to use mediafire and download users would be blitzed with 2 or more ads
Old 05-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus9 View Post
hi Dan

I hope you don't mind a follow up here rather than start a new thread?

I am on Linux so do not use shup.

Are you suggesting there is no limit to size of upload?

I tried to upload a size around 41 megs and aleady have some smaller isos here
which can be viewed in virtualbox for windows for windows users...they are public safe downloads.....as is most linux stuff.

cheers

and forgive me if I mis-understood in which case I will start a new thread

2) I could not spot easily the limit no limit in any faq either FWIW

3) Great site....I used to use mediafire and download users would be blitzed with 2 or more ads
We would prefer you not upload such large files. Our system isn't really meant to handle them, though it will if you upload them quickly enough.