Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
crabfists
Human being with feelings

Default Moving envelope points when item position is modified with SetMediaItemInfo_Value

I have a custom C++ action that moves items around using SetMediaItemInfo_Value() passing "D_POSITION" as param name.

Is there a way to get the envelope points to automatically move with the item like they do when you drag the item manually? (providing the "Envelope points move with media items option is turned on).

Thanks in advance!
crabfists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
Xenakios

Perhaps ApplyNudge will work better than directly changing the item position. (Despite the function name, it can also be used to set some of the item properties directly instead of nudging.)
Old 04-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
crabfists

Thanks Xenakios, will try ApplyNudge()
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
crabfists

So, I had a quick test with ApplyNudge() and it does indeed let you set the position of all selected items, moving envelope points too. What I can't figure out is how I can just apply a nudge to a single item. Is this possible?

I would like to be able to iterate through all selected items and nudge the position of each one to an arbitrary (and unique) offset. I use this algorithm to sort items by a specific sort criteria.

I could see a way to make ApplyNudge() work for a single item at a time but it would be a massive kludge. I could store the selected items in a list, unselect them, then select each one at a time and call ApplyNudge() on it. Feels nasty though.

Last edited by crabfists; 04-18-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #5
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabfists View Post
I could store the selected items in a list, unselect them, then select each one at a time and call ApplyNudge() on it. Feels nasty though.
Sometimes you will just have to accept having to do things like that with the Reaper API.