Old 05-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
off&on
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER v4.78

v4.78 - May 4 2015
  • AU: fixed informing plugins of project repeat state
  • DDP: fixed error handling cases
  • FX: reset PDC when offlining FX
  • MIDI SPP: fixed SPP sending with project measure offsets at t=0, send SPP when stopped/seeking to t=0, other fixes
  • Media item properties: fixed undocked window position restoring
  • Metronome: count-in sound quality fixes
  • Mixer: fixed FX add menu not always updating properly
  • OSX:
    • CoreAudio latency detection improvements
    • fixed UI issues with listviews on Yosemite and trackpads
  • ReaControlMIDI: fixed pitch automation issue
  • Routing window: fixed default initial position bug
  • Transport: fixed potential display corruption on win32 and when docked above ruler
  • VST: whitelist Voxengo plug-ins to use effSetSpeakerArrangement by default

Last edited by off&on; 05-04-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: formatting
off&on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
bluzkat

Sticky?!?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
briandc

Default Update in linux

Hello,
I'm trying to update my version, and when I click on the "proceed to download page" it opens a .php file in text format.

Can anyone help with this?

brian
briandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandc View Post
Hello,
I'm trying to update my version, and when I click on the "proceed to download page" it opens a .php file in text format.

Can anyone help with this?

brian
Go to that page, scroll down a bit and you will see the download links for your operating system.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
briandc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
Go to that page, scroll down a bit and you will see the download links for your operating system.
Thanks Jeff, worked just fine!

Best,

brian
briandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandc View Post
Thanks Jeff, worked just fine!

Best,

brian
No problem! I also HIGHLY recommend you download the manual (although not updated lately) in the upper right hand corner, if you haven't already done so.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #7
attila_r

Having issues saving new projects suddenly, updated this morning - backups works fine, but manual or full saves hang for a very long time and become unresponsive (Win 8.1 64bit).
Old 05-09-2015, 06:14 AM   #8
raymour

I'm recording guitar tracks three at a time (3 mics, speakers ect.). I used to be able to
record the tracks, cut and pull all three tracks in a group up into place as I move along the song. This is not working as before. Now when I cut/edit the tracks, when I click on the top track, the item properties box occasionally comes up, also when I go to move the tracks only the top one will move or sometimes not move at all forcing me to have to cut and paste each track individually.

Before I was able to record a section. The recorded tracks would be highlighted and I could cut where I needed and pull all the tracks at once into place either above or below where I needed them. This basic function is not working since I installed 4.78. Windows 7 64bit system
raymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymour View Post
I'm recording guitar tracks three at a time (3 mics, speakers ect.). I used to be able to
record the tracks, cut and pull all three tracks in a group up into place as I move along the song. This is not working as before. Now when I cut/edit the tracks, when I click on the top track, the item properties box occasionally comes up, also when I go to move the tracks only the top one will move or sometimes not move at all forcing me to have to cut and paste each track individually.

Before I was able to record a section. The recorded tracks would be highlighted and I could cut where I needed and pull all the tracks at once into place either above or below where I needed them. This basic function is not working since I installed 4.78. Windows 7 64bit system
Confirmed!

OSX 10.6.8 here

SWS Auto group newly recorded items is still engaged.

And it gets weirder...
I installed the previous version of Reaper back but SWS auto group was still broken!

Reinstalled SWS extensions. Still broken!

I thought the SWS stuff went in the Reaper resources folder only (~/Library/Reaper) and the app bundle itself wasn't messed with. I see no new files in the app bundle either. And on the other end - I thought all Reaper updates were the Reaper app bundle itself and the Reaper resource folder was not touched.

So... confused on how a Reaper app bundle update could mess with SWS extensions. And further, break something so that now older versions of Reaper now have the same issue.

A file (other than SWS stuff) in the resource folder must have been corrupted by 4.78. That's the only thing that adds up.

Copied the Reaper app bundle and resource folder from my backup volume (didn't bother with a full system clone cause I know that everything Reaper is constrained to the bundle and resource folder) and it works like it always did. Reaper v4.77 & SWS v2.4.0

I use auto-group all the time (recording multitrack often), so this is a problem for me too.

EDIT
OK, found the issue!

Problem was updating Reaper with an apparently too old version of SWS installed.

Do this:
Restore your Reaper resource folder from a backup.
Update SWS extensions to the latest version.
Install the update of Reaper.

Auto-group is working like it always had.

Last edited by serr; 05-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #10
raymour

Serr, thank you for confirming the problem for me. However, could you please explain how to fix it a a simpler manner? I'm more of a musician and less of a computer tech type of guy. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
raymour

I updated the SWS extensions, I don't have a back up of the Reaper Resource Folder so that didn't happen and than went back to ver 4.76 than re installed ver 4.78. So at the moment it seems to be back to normal with group editing but I'm not recording tracks today so I won't know for sure until Monday if my initial problem is solved. The properties menu hasn't been popping up when I highlight a track so I will report back monday. I really appreciate all your help serr! Thanks!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #12
serr

Cool!

I really should have identified what file in the resource folder was the problem but I was lazy and just overwrote the whole folder from my backup volume. Would have been a much more helpful post... Sorry about that!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
raymour

serr, if you know the name of the file then let me know so I can take a look at my folder and check to see if I need to fix it. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #14
raymour

Still having the same problem so the fix didn't work. Still getting the item properties menu popping up when I click on a track plus I can't cut and then move a group of items after a take. The tracks automatically un highlight (un group).
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #15
serr

The affected file must still be in the resources folder. You mentioned not having a backup - so this never got fixed.

Try this:
Copy your Reaper resources folder to the desktop for safe keeping and delete the original. This will force Reaper to create a new default resources folder.

Now install SWS.

Got Reaper with SWS back?

If yes, now you can copy back items from your original resources folder to restore custom settings you have made. Save a safety copy of the default files you are replacing as you go so you can undo when you finally find the ringer. Test the system after replacing each item.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #16
raymour

why can't i just delete reaper and re install the new version. Seems like a lot of work to pick through the folder if the folder is screwed up. Besides, the issue is with this version of reaper 4.78. As I have been trying to work around the problems even more issues kept popping up, so I'm now back to the previous version since I need to get going on my project. At this point I need Reaper to perform correctly and I don't have the time to tinker around with a buggy program. I appreciate your help but outside of you identifying the problem in the folder I have to move on. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #17
serr

Quote:
why can't i just delete reaper and re install the new version.
Because by design, that does not touch the resources folder. The idea is to keep all your settings/modifications/customizations in the resource folder. Thus updating reaper is just replacing the app and leaves your customizations intact.

Quote:
Seems like a lot of work to pick through the folder if the folder is screwed up.
Well, yeah... that's what happens when you don't keep a backup for yourself. You should take this (gentlest of all possible no-backup scenarios) as a wake up call for that. This suggestion was intended as damage control to get your settings back without having to redo everything manually.

As for this SWS business, it's not uncommon to have software addons to be version dependent. We simply got caught not paying attention. This isn't a Reaper issue.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:46 AM   #18
raymour

Ok thanks for all that but do you have the name of that corrupt file you made mention of in the earlier post? If not let me know and I'll move on.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #19
serr

Quote:
Ok thanks for all that but do you have the name of that corrupt file you made mention of in the earlier post? If not let me know and I'll move on.
I don't. I impatiently trashed the whole folder and restored from backup at the first sign of trouble. Sorry!

Do what I said in my 2nd to last post. Save your resource folder (with the mystery corrupt file in it). Make Reaper create a fresh default one. Install SWS. Verify it works like always. Now start by copying back the files you know you have custom settings stored in from your saved old resource folder.

My guess is the reaper.ini or S&M.ini files are the ones that got corrupted/confused. We know it's not the reaper_sws.dylib file as updating SWS (1st thing tried after updating Reaper with the older SWS installed) did not address the problem.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #20
raymour

Ok Thanks I'll give it a try. I can work around this now but once I get to drums there is no way I'll have the patience to deal with this problem while not being able to group edit.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #21
loopa

Default My theme was changed on upgrading to 4.78?

Hi everyone,

I just updated to 4.78 and now my theme is changed and doesn't look the same. Is this supposed to happen?

Cheers!

Loopa
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #22
loopa

Default Never mind

Never mind, I put the config in a version control system (Subversion) so it was easy to revert the changes I didn't like

Cheers,
Loopa
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote