Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #11
Gianfini
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Thank you.
It is possible to do it.
Let me try to explain a bit. I need to do some video tutorials, but let me explain it here.

In the Track Inspector VIP folder, you will see both lua files, one for normal track Inspector, and another one named HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Master.lua. What you want is to create a third one, by copying the "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua" to "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP custom.lua" for example. Then open this file in notepad or text editor, and set instance to 3, 1 and 2 are already used by the mentioned files.
And you must also change sectioname to something unique. for example:

instance = 3
sectionname="HeDaTrackInspectorCustom"

That's all you need to edit. Save the file, and add it to your actions, and run it. This will act as a new track inspector window.

Enter settings page and uncheck all the panels you don't want to see on this inspector. And use the "L" button on the bottom to lock to current track so new track changes are not affected.

Let me know if it works. It should.. but now that I am thinking, I may need a small change in recent version to support better multiple configurations... mmm I'll check it out.

I'll definitely make a video tutorial on advanced usage and customization as this one. First I must make the basic ones. I'm on it. Thank you!
great, this works as for creating a new instance. What about having the LOCK button pressed by default? Could you make it an option in Settings? I'd like to avoid remembering to lock the Track Inspector each time I recall it... if possible

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote