Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #81
Padre_PC
Human being with feelings

Hi kelldammit, welcome on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelldammit View Post
when starting reaper, automap does indeed start, but for whatever reason goes only to the hui control template.
Do you still have the HUI CSurf activated in Reaper? Sounds like a job for Novation, I'm not sure I can do anything to force template selection. I thought adding an Automap client instance (i.e. adding my Automap CSurf) would (???)

Quote:
there are some other things with various parts of the interface and buttons that can be weird too. your attention would be GREATLY appreciated!
"weird" as in "weird mapping"? A new mapping job then, I'm delighted!

Can you please close Reaper, run this app, and show me screenshots of the first 2 pages:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapParamIdTool.exe

I'll see what I can do

Last edited by Padre_PC; 10-02-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Padre_PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #82
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
when starting reaper, automap does indeed start, but for whatever reason goes only to the hui control template.
k
I wonder if you have "Use Automap MIDI as HUI" turned on, and if so if that might make a difference?
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #83
sfb

Thanks for the tip! I changed the port and installed Rev30, but now Reaper crashes on startup. Any ideas?

- sfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre_PC View Post
@sfb: Automap is crashing, not Reaper? Are you sure you don't get caught in a MIDI feedback loop when recarming? Try this: disable all RemoteSL MIDI in/out in Reaper and try again. Reminder: only "SL Port1" is used for MIDI data, Port2/3 are used for Automap (cf RemoteSL manual). Please let me know, you are the last crash report.

Rev30 is out!

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev30.dll

New RemoteSL mappings:
- FX Bypass
- "Arrow" encoder
- Track Send / Hardware Send control
sfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #84
kelldammit

Quote:
Do you still have the HUI CSurf activated in Reaper? Sounds like a job for Novation, I'm not sure I can do anything to force template selection. I thought adding an Automap client instance (i.e. adding my Automap CSurf) would (???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
I wonder if you have "Use Automap MIDI as HUI" turned on, and if so if that might make a difference?
that was it. when i'd disabled HUI previously, the mixer worked, but it killed my transport. just tried it again (closed automap, rebooted the sl, opened automap this time), and it works like a charm!

Padre, i'll do that mapping stuff for you now...though, i think for the most part, getting rid of HUI seemed to cure some ills

thanks!!!

k

-OR-

feed the children. preferably to starving wild animals.
kelldammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #85
kelldammit

oops. i spoke too soon. lol. i d/l version 3 of your plugin while i was here, and it causes reaper to crash immediately when initializing control surfaces. i've defaulted both reaper and the sl, removed the dll, replaced it, and get the same crash. here's the crash log:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 10/2/2009 1:49:55 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: studiorat
Description:
Faulting application reaper.exe, version 3.1.1.0, time stamp 0x4ab6ad10, faulting module reaper_csurf_automap_rev30.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4ac5e9d7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00008635, process id 0xb3c, application start time 0x01ca4388a9f97e08.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-02T17:49:55.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2390</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>studiorat</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>3.1.1.0</Data>
<Data>4ab6ad10</Data>
<Data>reaper_csurf_automap_rev30.dll</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4ac5e9d7</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00008635</Data>
<Data>b3c</Data>
<Data>01ca4388a9f97e08</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

if i go back to 2.6, it works, but it will only load up the default novation settings (all cc's in the display), and will not init the automap unless i remove/replace it in reaper prefs, or open and close the controller's prefs edit window in reaper. again, this happens after defaulting both reaper and the sl. hui is definitely off. any ideas?

it worked fine after removing hui, and just using 2.6. updating to 3.0 seemed to kill me for both. i reckon that's what i get for keeping up to date!

k

-OR-

Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #86
sfb

By the way, I just 'downgraded' back to Rev 26 and Reaper no longer crashes.

However, I set my ports to how you suggested (1 for MIDI, 2/3 for control), armed a track, and Automap crashed again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

- sfb
P.S. Aside from these issues, this plugin ROCKS!

FYI - an update: I disabled 2/3 and "Automap MIDI" as devices (only Remote SL 1 remains) and Automap is still crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post
Thanks for the tip! I changed the port and installed Rev30, but now Reaper crashes on startup. Any ideas?

- sfb

Last edited by sfb; 10-02-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: updated
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #87
kelldammit

i also fixed the bizarre startup behavior with 2.6 by deleting the following file:

c:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\reaper-midihw

it's working like a champ now!

insofar as v3 goes, automap starts, then reaper crashes before the actual mapping gets loaded (the automap window and controller just show cc0,1,2, etc).

hope that's some help anyway...
cheers!

k

-OR-

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #88
wellieman

Just a quick feedback update on rev30 with the iPhone....

Nearly there! All functions now work correctly with proper two-way updating. Just fantastic.

Regarding the Play/Stop issue it remains the same. I realise it must be damn hard to iron out these niggles without the device so I've attached some more pics to clarify.

The first pic is what page 1 looks like when first loading the app; or whenever returning to this page.

The next pic shows what happens when PLAY is pressed.

The third pic shows when STOP is pressed.

As I keep saying the buttons' functionality still work fine so it's not a big deal.

By the way the plug-in continues to work **flawlessly** with Remote SL for me.

Keep up the good work. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhone_STARTUP.jpg (49.2 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg iPhone_PLAY.jpg (47.9 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg iPhone_STOP.jpg (47.6 KB, 379 views)
wellieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #89
Padre_PC

Rev35 is out, the "safety" revision!

RemoteSL users: global page is still beta, if you experience crashes consider unchecking "use global page" in the settings page while we're trying to solve the most severe bugs.

Crashes with "use global page" unchecked: try using the CSurf without any track recarmed (at least not MIDI recarmed) and see what happens.

iPhone: thanks for the screenshots wellieman I will get back to the issue once all crash issues are solved.

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev35.dll

- Went through the code line per line again, found & rectified a few things to increase safety
- FX Param names could be filled with junk, causing bad memory access (happens with non-Cockos VST Extension compatible plugins)
- I noticed browsing an Automap page could cause the server to crash if this page was supposed to be deleted during remapping (triggered by new/open project, track add/remove, or track/mixer view switch). If this is what's happening I don't know if I can solve this, it would be up to Novation I think. My dirty fix: number of pages will never decrease during a session. Cons: you may end up with a lot of empty pages if you switch from big projects to small ones. Reset occurs at CSurf init (delete/add or Reaper restart).

Last edited by Padre_PC; 10-02-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #90
sfb

Man, that was quick! Thanks for being so responsive. I just installed Rev 35. Reaper started up fine, but it still crashed when arming tracks. I then disabled the "first page as global" option as you suggested and the crashes were gone. Sweet!

Let me know when that very cool option is safe to test again. In the meantime I'll keep testing without it.

Thanks again, Padre_PC!

- sfb
Old 10-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #91
Padre_PC

Rev 37 is out!

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev37.dll

- Added thread safety all over the place
- Changed iPhone Play/Stop/Rec/etc back to 1-way comm

Some features I recently added to the RemoteSL global page (FX/Send/Hardware Send) were not as thread-safe as I thought they were. I'm hopeful this was the origin of most crashes.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #92
jedstar2000

Wow man your a machine..

Thx a lot for all your time it really makes all the difference.
jedstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #93
Padre_PC

Well I'm using this thing, I'm just like everyone here I want it to be as rock solid, stable and reliable as possible! Isn't that the reason why we are all using Reaper?

Speaking of which... I've been making music all afternoon, using my RemoteSL and Rev37 with "global page" active. I've tried to put the CSurf under massive stress: strong CPU usage, non-Cockos VST Ext compatible plugins, plugins with dynamic parameters, tons of track sends, tons of hardware track sends, tons of tracks, folder tracks, long names everywhere, switching back and forth track/mixer view, turning all knobs at the same time, etc. It hasn't crashed on me one single time. sfb/kelldammit I hope the rev works for you this time or it's going to be a real pain in the ass to solve a bug I can't reproduce!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #94
kelldammit

Quote:
Well I'm using this thing, I'm just like everyone here I want it to be as rock solid, stable and reliable as possible! Isn't that the reason why we are all using Reaper?

Speaking of which... I've been making music all afternoon, using my RemoteSL and Rev37 with "global page" active. I've tried to put the CSurf under massive stress: strong CPU usage, non-Cockos VST Ext compatible plugins, plugins with dynamic parameters, tons of track sends, tons of hardware track sends, tons of tracks, folder tracks, long names everywhere, switching back and forth track/mixer view, turning all knobs at the same time, etc. It hasn't crashed on me one single time. sfb/kelldammit I hope the rev works for you this time or it's going to be a real pain in the ass to solve a bug I can't reproduce!
removing the global page solved it in 3.6...reaper doesn't crash anymore. however, if you load a single track, with no fx, and then navigate to the fx page...there are no options, and no way out! automap/sl will stay there even after reaper is closed.

otherwise, it seems to be working pretty okay. can't wait till i can put the globals back on page 1 tho.

[EDIT] 3.7 does allow me to put the global page on open. it doesn't crash reaper, however:
if i start from scratch (no automap server running, and no reaper), and start reaper, it runs the automap server, which calls up the reaper mapping, then switches to its own Channel 1-Novation (preset 1/128: Midi Program Change #000) template. opening/closing the edit window for the controller in reaper sets it right again, and it behaves correctly each successive time reaper is run, as long as the automap server isn't closed.

kell
thanks so much for all of your hard work! you deserve a medal for this!

k

-OR-

Last edited by kelldammit; 10-03-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #95
sfb

Just installed Rev37 and re-enabled "global page". Here's what I'm doing:

- Launch Reaper. Automap autoloads, defaults to the view kelldammit mentioned.
- Switch to the "mixer" view to use the CSurf plugin.
- Create a track.
- "Page down" from the "global page" to the mixer page.
- Hit the T1 Rec Arm button. Automap immediately crashes.

I also tried changing the input before hitting the arm button and it still crashes. Anyhow, here's where it gets more interesting:

- If I remain on the "global page" and use the mouse (instead of the RemoteSL) to arm the track, no crash.
- If I'm on the mixer page and use the mouse to arm the track, it crashes.

So the crash seems to be somehow tied to the mixer page, since the very act of arming the track (button or not) seems to crash Automap.

I hope this is somewhat helpful! Thanks for all your hard work!

- sfb

Quote:

Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #96
sfb

New symptom!

I disabled the "global page" and was working on a tune when I had another Automap crash caused by arming a track. I went back to a blank slate to recreate it:

- CSurf mixer page is active in the RemoteSL
- Created 9 tracks (so that there are 2 mixer pages)
- Arming tracks on the first page - no problems.
- Arming track 9 (2nd page) using the mouse or button (regardless of what page is currently in view) crashes Automap.

Hope this helps!

- sfb

Quote:

- Create a track.

I also tried changing the input before hitting the arm button and it still crashes. Anyhow, here's where it gets more interesting:

- If I remain on the "global page" and use the mouse (instead of the RemoteSL) to arm the track, no crash.
- If I'm on the mixer page and use the mouse to arm the track, it crashes.

So the crash seems to be somehow tied to the mixer page, since the very act of arming the track (button or not) seems to crash Automap.

I hope this is somewhat helpful! Thanks for all your hard work!

- sfb
Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #97
kelldammit

Quote:

- Create a track.
hmmm, if i start on the global page, and hit page down, i get "no controls assigned"...if i hit the buttons under the controller knobs, i do get the various mixer stuff, some will show as unassigned, but page down sometimes reveals volume or pan. i get no arm button in the mixer view i don't see it at all anywhere. 2.6 seemed to map things more "correctly".
however, if i hit the record button by the transport, the selected track record arms in reaper fine. record arming in reaper is also fine, but does not show any indication (no light on the transport) on the novation.

k

i'll send those pics of the mappings from automap server today.

-OR-

Last edited by kelldammit; 10-03-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #98
sfb

Default User foolishness

Okay, I just realized that I was still on Automap 3.0 and not on 3.2. I just upgraded and the rec arm crashes seem to be gone! I just re-enabled the "global page" to test this as well, and it seems to be working.

Sorry if this caused any extra work for you, Padre. In any case, I'll keep banging on it and report back any other findings!

Thanks again. Loving this plug!

- sfb
Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #99
sfb

I can't seem to reproduce this, and I've been shutting down the Automap server each time to test. What are the steps you're taking, kell?

- sfb

Quote:
hmmm, if i start on the global page, and hit page down, i get "no controls assigned"...if i hit the buttons under the controller knobs, i do get the various mixer stuff, some will show as unassigned, but page down sometimes reveals volume or pan. i get no arm button in the mixer view i don't see it at all anywhere. 2.6 seemed to map things more "correctly".
however, if i hit the record button by the transport, the selected track record arms in reaper fine. record arming in reaper is also fine, but does not show any indication (no light on the transport) on the novation.

k

i'll send those pics of the mappings from automap server today.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #100
kelldammit

all i'm doing is running reaper, and hitting the page up/down buttons on my sl25 compact
here's how it works here with 3.7:

the button beneath the first channel control knob is the globals page, which is fine. paging down from here just pulls up the "this row does not have any active controls"...etc.

the second channel button opens a page with the master volume, pan, and the selected track's volume/pan info, but no label to tell me what it is, and no other tracks show up there. if i hit the page down button, i now see the panning info for all tracks with labels. each successive page down shows the rest of the tracks as would be normal.

the third button opens a page with sus, sft, spedal, etc controller info (the selected track is a piano)
page down gets me all of the tracks' mixer volumes. successive page downs show the volumes for the rest of the tracks as is correct.

4th button has nothing assigned, and no additional pages.

5th button pulls shows prev/next marker, |<<, >>|, loop start/end, add marker, and clear rec arm. paging down gets me my solo's for all of the tracks, paging down from there on works correctly as well.

6th button is the selected track's solo, mute, bypass fx. paging down shows each track's arm (a-ha! there it is!) status.

7th button shows Fn1-8, paging down shows all the tracks' mute status.

8th button shows learn off, view, open browser for user, fx, inst., if i hit the top button to select any of these browsers, nothing happens in reaper, and a page with the appropriate name (FX) and page 1 of 1 opens on the novation. i have to hit the same button again (there is no indication of which button, or an exit option in the page), and then automap apparently reloads the mapping and returns to the learn off, etc page.
paging down here does nothing.

so, it would appear that it's a simple issue of the mapping...but those open browser buttons should have some sort of exit option. if you don't hit the right button to leave that window, it can just hang there.

[EDIT]
mapping pictures are here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/223698/...25-compact.zip

i took all four pages of mapping from the same project i described above.

kell

-OR-

Last edited by kelldammit; 10-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #101
Padre_PC

@sfb: I've updated post #1 with a "requirements" section, good to know about this 3.0 bug in case someone else experience crashes.

@kelldammit: about the "learn off, view, open browser for user, fx, inst" row, check out the Automap manual and see how it's supposed to work. Reaper surface preset will show up in "Mixer" presets. To help me setting up a new "RemoteSL Compact" mapping, can you please close Reaper, run this app, and send screenshots of the first 2 pages:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapParamIdTool.exe

@everyone: copy-paste abuse on last rev: both "increase" and "decrease" actions for zoom and FFW/REW factors only increase said factors. Fix on next rev.

Any crash? Anyone?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #102
kelldammit

here ya go! Thanks!

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/223851/Remote-SL25.zip

kell

-OR-

Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #103
christodoulos

Hi Padre,

Is it possible to implement a command, so you can see the gui of the plugin that you have selected? That way you can control it using automap without touch the mouse
christodoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #104
Padre_PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by christodoulos View Post
Is it possible to implement a command, so you can see the gui of the plugin that you have selected? That way you can control it using automap without touch the mouse
Not with the current API I'm afraid. The closest thing would be to assign one of the Fn1-Fn8 buttons to action "Track: View FX chain for current track", but it will only select the last edited FX + there's a actually bug:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
- When a track is selected on the MCU, i send a
CSurf_OnSelectedChange( tr, 1 );
but track related actions like "Track: View FX chain for current track" still work on the track that was selected within Reaper and ignore the track selection change.
Rev41 is out!

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev41.dll

- New RemoteSL Compact mapping
- Bug fix (Reaper would crash when toggling Track/Mixer Views back and forth and turning Track Selection encoder at the same time)
- "Novations Automap: ..." actions are working properly again
- Started .cpp/.h template files to demonstrate "easy mapping"

Reaper v3.12 bugfix:

Quote:
VST: safer querying of text strings from certain plug-ins
= now "Bypass" and other FX Params from non-Cockos VST Ext compatible plugins will display "0->127" instead of random characters

If no more crashes are reported, I will now concentrate on releasing the source code...

Last edited by Padre_PC; 10-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #105
jedstar2000

Wow this really rocks on my remote zero sl

Please don't think me rude but I have a couple of suggestions.

1. could the forward rewind be made to move at the same interval as the quantize setting . i.e a bar or 1/8 of a bar etc depended on reapers setting.

2. Could the set of knobs control more than 1 send at a time i.e. the 4 right hand knobs control first 4 sends at the same time instead of having to select one send at a time .

3. Can it display the track names in mixer mode and have a button to select that track allowing selection of a track without referencing to the computer monitor. ( this for me is essential to doing any kind of live mixing )

This is how I would love have it.

In mixer mode.
faders control vol
buttons beneath selects track
display shows name eg T1Snare or 1snare or just snare
Encoders control pan
first four pots control fx param (the same ones as I chose to displaying in reapers mcp)
next four pots control first four sends.

Then I could control everything I needed to do live mixes and overdubs on one controller without even looking at reaper.

.....Awesome..........
Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #106
sfb

Thanks Padre! I'm banging on Rev 41 + Reaper 3.12 now. A few questions:

- What does Arrow +/- control?
- How do you use the fn buttons?
- What do Send and HSend do?
- You mentioned Track vs. Mixer view - do you mean you can also control items in the Track window? Currently only the tracks shown in my Mixer window are showing up.

Thanks a bunch - this plug is already helping my mix process!

+1 for the track selection button - would be cool if it's possible & w/o losing functionality.

- sfb
Old 10-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #107
Padre_PC

Jedstar you sure have a lot of good ideas! I love the idea of a right panel with vol control/selection combined with a fully dynamic left panel to display track title (I would have to dedicate a full row to that) + controls such as Pan/Mute/FX/Sends/etc. I will release source code first then see what I can do. The new design from Rev26 or so should make it easy I think! Dynamic controls equal dynamic mapping, I hope this won't affect Automap performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedstar2000 View Post
1. could the forward rewind be made to move at the same interval as the quantize setting . i.e a bar or 1/8 of a bar etc depended on reapers setting.
I'll take a look at the API to see if this information is available. In the meantime you can set Ffw/Rew mode to "Seekplay" and use "Novation Automap: increase/decrease Ffw/Rew range" action.

@sfb:

Arrow +/- control: vertical scroll (I should rename it "VScroll")

fn buttons: use to assign your own actions (make sure SL Ports 2/3 are disabled!)

Send/HSend do: select Track Send/Hardware Send for current track selection (if any). Vol/Pan/Mute/Mode controls are available on pots.

Track vs. Mixer view: you can switch from the CSurf dialog box or using the appropriate "Novation Automap" action.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #108
Document02

I have been experiencing heavy crashes since the last versions. Funny thing is it crashes Reaper when loading a project, but when opening Reaper on the empty project it loads, then I can load the other project without crash.

Doesn't happen without the novation plugin.

configuration:
  • win7x64, quadcore, 4GB RAM.
  • reaper x86 v3.12 with always a reason rewire plugin loaded
  • novation remote zero sl, automap 3.2
  • beringher bcf2000 in mackie control mode for reaper
  • korg padcontrol, not assigned in reaper

If there is anyway I can submit specific debugging info, please tell me how to proceed.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 AM   #109
kelldammit

two minor things:
in reaper's control surface window, if you hit the edit button, the selection (i.e. the dot in the circle that indicates it's selected) for the novation compact is no longer visible. i'm just nitpicking now

also, just out of curiousity, on the global page (i have it assigned as the first page), why do all of the led's beneath the control knobs above the display light up? you can hit their associated buttons of course, and nothing happens but the led's toggle off/on. the knobs themselves work the controls nicely, thanks! it's hardly stressing me out or anything, was just curious

thanks again...so very much. i've been using this all yesterday afternoon and last night!

kell

-OR-

Old 10-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #110
Padre_PC

@Document:

Does it crash with "global page" unchecked? does it crash on a small project with/without FX? with/without Track Sends? with/without Track Hardware Sends? with/without bcf2000? with/without reason rewire?

I have a big project with tons of FX/Send/etc. I use for debugging but I can't reproduce your "autoload bug" (?)

@kelldammit:

control surface window: I've replaced the mapping radiobuttons with a combo list as you'll see on next Rev (for the alternative mappings to come)

LEDS: sounds like the iPhone display problem. I can't see that on my (non-Compact) RemoteSL because the buttons have no LED. I guess it's related to the default values I set the buttons to
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #111
Document02

I think I have identified the crash. First, I confirm it is reaper_csurf_automap_rev41.dll

Second, I narrowed down the crash to loading at startup a non available effect/plugin, whether JS or VST.

to reproduce:
the bug
- take a clean project.
- instert a track.
- Insert an effect on the track.
- save project.
- move said effect to a non available folder (like your desktop).
- double click the project to open it. Reaper displays a window stating that the following effects are not available and are left offline. The crash occurs then.

the non-bug
- load a clean instance of reaper.
- load the project.
- the same window is displayed but no crash.

confirmation
- quit reaper.
- reinstall plugin/effect.
- autoload works.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #112
Padre_PC

Thanks for the description I'll try to reproduce and solve this bug

Rev43 is out!

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev43.dll

- Fixed minor bug (track deselection not handled properly when toggling track/mixer views)
- Changed mapping selection from radiobuttons to combolist in CSurf menu

and...

- Started a new (highly beta) mapping for RemoteSL:

It is available in the combolist as "Remote SL (beta)". Based on the idea of a vol/select right panel combined with a fully dynamic left panel to control selected track.

Track name = bad news: I knew long param names could overlap unassigned controllers on the RemoteSL but it looks like there's a 2-controllers limit. It makes track names only slighty more readable than they are on sliders.

Menus: FX/Send/HSend buttons will reassign all 8 pots to either FX, Send, or HSend controls. Encoders control an offset if more than 8 controls are required.

It's a pity I can't generate a full 32 chars track name display
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #113
jedstar2000

Quote:

- Started a new (highly beta) mapping for RemoteSL:

It is available in the combolist as "Remote SL (beta)". Based on the idea of a vol/select right panel combined with a fully dynamic left panel to control selected track.

Track name = bad news: I knew long param names could overlap unassigned controllers on the RemoteSL but it looks like there's a 2-controllers limit. It makes track names only slighty more readable than they are on sliders.

Menus: FX/Send/HSend buttons will reassign all 8 pots to either FX, Send, or HSend controls. Encoders control an offset if more than 8 controls are required.

It's a pity I can't generate a full 32 chars track name display
Whhhhoooooo sounds amazing......

Can you get a 5 character name display above each fader but without the vol prefix. I tend to abbreviate names to BD or SD1 ,Lead1 edc so as to be able to select them without looking at the computer monitor .
Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #114
Padre_PC

This is gonna be fun:

The RemoteSL screens can be accessed by sending SysEx commands to Port SL2. I've been able to clear the LCD and write stuff on all 4 rows.

I guess it's not all over for a full name display then!

Last edited by Padre_PC; 10-05-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #115
jedstar2000

Quote:
This is gonna be fun:

The RemoteSL screens can be accessed by sending SysEx commands to Port SL2. I've been able to clear the LCD and write stuff on all 4 rows.

I guess it's not all over for a full name display then!
SWEET Your the Man .

Just been playing with rev 42 its running sweet hear big respects .
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #116
Padre_PC

@Document: ok I've been able to reproduce. A well hidden bad boy this one! Will be fixed in next Rev.

Track name: can be done! I've got the full 4 rows available. It's not available from the Automap SDK so despite SL port2 being already open by the Automap Server I had to open another access to it just for the SysEx. An ugly procedure but it works!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #117
Padre_PC

2 new revisions out:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev46.dll
http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev47.dll

Rev46 is a "release candidate" for Cockos. Basically Rev43 + optimization + bug fix (the one reported by Document02) - "RemoteSL (beta)". If you guys can give it a try and tell me if it looks stable in your setup I would appreciate it. Unless severe bugs are reported this one will go LGPL + Cockos will be able to add it to the Reaper install.

Rev47 is Rev46 with the "RemoteSL (beta)" mapping back in business. Nothing new since Rev43, at least nothing visible in this Rev... deep inside the code there's a Sysex text generator growing up!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #118
merdave

Rev46 is a completely working well in Reaper 3.12 for the Nocturn.

Is there the possibility of changing "Page 1/4" to "Tracks 1-4", "Page 2/4" to "Tracks 5-8", "Page 3/4" to "Tracks 9-12", etc., so we don't have to do the math to find the track we want?

I'm thinking about using the Nocturn as my main mixer controller now and switching the BFC2000 to controlling other stuff. All changes in the Nocturn are being fed to the BCF2000.

No transport control on the Nocturn or am I overlooking something?
EDIT: using the speed dial and the mouse works for this.

This project has come a long way in a short time!

EDIT: nitpicking stuff.
1. If I use the speed dial to turn on solo or mute, the buttons don't light up in Automap even though the state text turns to "on". Possible solution: make the button state follow the text.

2. Since the mute button comes before the solo button on each Reaper track, can you switch the mute button and the solo button in Reaper Automap?

Last edited by merdave; 10-07-2009 at 11:13 AM.
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #119
Padre_PC

Thanks for the feedback merdave.

- "Page 1/4" to "Tracks 1-4", etc: can't be done. This is Novation code, well hidden in the Automap Server.

- Transport control for Nocturn: Play/Stop/Rec are implemented, just missing on the Nocturn mapping. I guess 1 global page is not enough for Nocturn. Remapping is made easy for anyone with minimal c++ skills with the current code, hopefully someone will take over to take care of new mappings once it goes public!

No crash reports so far... I guess Rev46 is alright for a release? Time to post a nice .src.zip and get back to Cockos then!

Rev49 is out!

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...omap_rev49.dll

"ReMOTE SL (beta)" mapping updated with sysex support:

Open the CSurf dialog so the plugin can detect your Automap MIDI ports. These HAVE to be disabled in the Prefs/MIDI menu (SL port 2&3)

I had to let a full row empty (top left buttons). This row is used to display track titles when selection changes (right buttons under the sliders). Make sure it is selected when you want this info.

The implementation is working, stable, but very dirty: the Automap API and my own Raw MIDI connection are fighting each other for display privilege. I'm not sure I can do better with the current Automap SDK.

Track Send Mute/Mode are missing, I'll come back to them later.

Note: VERY VERY beta! Stick to Rev46 if you don't have time for random bugs
Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #120
sfb

Hey Padre,

I missed out on the past few releases, but I just grabbed Rev 49 to test. A couple of questions:

Quote:
"ReMOTE SL (beta)" mapping updated with sysex support:

Open the CSurf dialog so the plugin can detect your Automap MIDI ports. These HAVE to be disabled in the Prefs/MIDI menu (SL port 2&3)
I'm not sure if I did this right. In MIDI Devices, everything is disabled except Remote SL: Port 1. I tried to go to the CSurf preferences, but got:

"You cannot test ReMOTE SL beta mapping! "

??

Quote:
I had to let a full row empty (top left buttons). This row is used to display track titles when selection changes (right buttons under the sliders). Make sure it is selected when you want this info.
I didn't really understand this. What rows are empty and when? In which views?
Thanks! I'm doing some mixing today so will report anything I run into.

- sfb