Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 08-04-2016, 06:50 AM   #121
Ruxton
Human being with feelings

Just got myself a US-2400 and installed this extension. Thanks for your hard work.

I'm running:
Windows 7 x64
Reaper 5.22 x64
x64 version of the plugin (m_key)

So far things are working OK, I've got some questions though

Here it is in action:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIsFc5GhE33/

* Do everyone's rotary encoders flicker like mine are? (seems very much in time with the receive)
* Why is the mute flashing on those 3 channels?
* Why is master sel flashing?
Old 08-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #122
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxton View Post
* Do everyone's rotary encoders flicker like mine are? (seems very much in time with the receive)
* Why is the mute flashing on those 3 channels?
* Why is master sel flashing?
- encoders are flickering in my case also, don't know why.
- blinking mute is when you use SHIFT+MUTE witch makes only those tracks muted, and all other normaly muted tracks are unmuted than.
- master sel is flashing when there are any tracks selected. Pushing it means SOLO CLEAR than.

Basically all the functions are shown on screen if you press F-KEY + SHIFT (witch is different than SHIFT + F-KEY, order makes difference).
Old 08-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #123
Ruxton

Cheers, the encoders had me concerned there was a problem with the device, but I did some other tests with MidiOX and it's fine.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #124
Ruxton

Figured it was worth being a tease..

FWIW I started chasing the reasons why the pan LEDs were so glitchy as I showed in my previous video. I eventually stabilised that by not sending so may button updates and then figured, metermode didn't need to be a separate DLL.

There's some issues, i'd like to iron out before sending patches into david (or putting a build here) but it works and doesn't crash, just the shift/f-key buttons are getting locked out sometimes.

It's seems completely doable to work in M-key mode, open up prefs, enable metermode, play around and go back. O_O
Attached Images
File Type: png ss+(2016-08-07+at+11.36.35).png (6.1 KB, 993 views)
Old 08-08-2016, 03:39 AM   #125
---david

Quote:

FWIW I started chasing the reasons why the pan LEDs were so glitchy as I showed in my previous video. I eventually stabilised that by not sending so may button updates and then figured, metermode didn't need to be a separate DLL.

There's some issues, i'd like to iron out before sending patches into david (or putting a build here) but it works and doesn't crash, just the shift/f-key buttons are getting locked out sometimes.

It's seems completely doable to work in M-key mode, open up prefs, enable metermode, play around and go back. O_O
Hello everyone, it's been awhile!

All Cockos forum notifications went to a defunct email address (d'oh!) – Marcin and mim, thanks for picking up the slack during my long absence.

Also, I woke this morning with a pull request in my inbox – Ruxton, thank you for finding bugs and making this thing better, if I ever make it to Australia (right?), I owe you a beer! Merged.

Sometimes the internet actually is a fantastic place
---david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #126
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:

How did you make joint dll? Or where did you get it?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #127
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmiller View Post
I compiled the dll and am now getting a MIDI error. The message states that the port won't register. Hmm. I'll have more time to play with everything tomorrow after my clients are finished.
Arrg ! I'm having now the "register failed" error ! This is what I did :

-I used PT (yeah I had too), so I switched my US-2400 to HUI
-then I started REAPER without switching to Native Mode
-REAPER hard crashed.
-Since then the US 2400 is not working anymore with the US-2400 driver.

It is really a big problem, I don't know how to "reset" the US-2400 to make it work again in Native Mode. mdmiller, Marcin Szwajcer ?

Any help would be really appreciated since, the default MCU driver is really not working as expected with the US-2400.

Here is the licecap :

http://imgur.com/a/ghrF7

EDIT : FALSE ALARM, it works as expected now, don't have any clue about what happened ....

Last edited by mim; 10-20-2016 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Working
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:21 AM   #128
Marcin Szwajcer

mim

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/...quickstart.pdf

search that document for NATIVE MODE.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #129
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---david View Post
Hello everyone, it's been awhile!

All Cockos forum notifications went to a defunct email address (d'oh!) – Marcin and mim, thanks for picking up the slack during my long absence.

Also, I woke this morning with a pull request in my inbox – Ruxton, thank you for finding bugs and making this thing better, if I ever make it to Australia (right?), I owe you a beer! Merged.

Sometimes the internet actually is a fantastic place
I've seen that source files on your github are changed, but install files are old. I'm really interested in that VU/M-KEY joined in one ddl :-)
Old 11-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #130
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Szwajcer View Post
mim

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/...quickstart.pdf

search that document for NATIVE MODE.
Thanks,
But actually this document is misleading (it's was why I had a problem) : here, native mode is selected by usig Master sel+Chan and not Master sel+aux 5 ... Maybe it is latest firmware that change that setup and this pdf is older than that ?

Also

Code:
v5.28 - November 7 2016
  + API: allow more precision in CSurf_OnVolumeChange
Could this improve the response of the tascam ? When I'm using the tascam in touch mode, I can see steps in volume change, couldn't it be smoothed a bit ?
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #131
Teddy

Hey mim! Long time no see.

I remember pulling my hair before I found out the native mode shortcut was wrong. I think it's just a human error from tascam.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #132
Hanswurst

Hey David, big thanks for your extension! Got myself one of those beasts and after going through the manual page on github most things work perfectly!

I have some questions left:
1. Is the USB indicator supposed to blink all the time? Sometimes it feels as if the interface is sending data without me doing something.
2. When I tried to replace the mkey version with the metermode one, Reaper crashed when loading up. I didn't investigate that further, so far, do I have to first delete the old configuration in reaper and then start again after replacing the dll?
3. Do you guys know an efficient way to clean rubbery surface of the rotary encoders? Mine are somewhat messy from the ex-owner and so far nothing really seems to help (apart from laboriously scraping away that layer of dirt).

By the way, I cobbled together a quick and dirty overlay for the transport section to learn the default key mapping, so if anyone finds that useful: https://stash.reaper.fm/29013/Tascam-US2400-Overlay.pdf

(edit: Wooops, just realized the overlays on github, now I feel stupid ^^)

If I feel adventurous, sometime I'll maybe look into the source code, if I can warm up my C++ skills What environment did you use to develop/compile this?

Cheers
Hanswurst

Last edited by Hanswurst; 12-01-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Hanswurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #133
Wolf.FOH

Default Bump

Can anyone build this with the new fixes? Please? I know nothing about compiling. I've tried with MS Visual studio express and get all kinds of errors.
Wolf.FOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #134
Wolf.FOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurst View Post
1. Is the USB indicator supposed to blink all the time? Sometimes it feels as if the interface is sending data without me doing something.
Hanswurst
I think this has something to do with the new fix "don't continuously update buttons" in the new un-compiled version, which is why I need it compiled. It's fine over direct usb connection, but using it over rtpMidi causes the surface to lag gradually more and more, like a buffer or something is becoming overloaded. Within a few minutes it takes 3-4 seconds for commands to respond and it's unusable. The stock reaper MCU plugin works fine for hours over rtpMidi with no latency.

Also, It appears he used MS Visual Studio Express 2015.

Update:
OK, so after poking around in the code and analyzing the output with midiOX, here is why the USB light always shows activity:
1. The us2400 does not natively support blinking of all the buttons, so the plugin is continually sending the button blink on/off messages.
2. In metermode it continually sends the meter values. It does this whether you've actually pressed the meter button, or not, which seems a little inefficient, but not really a big deal. I'm looking to see if there's a way to change this.

Last edited by Wolf.FOH; 02-16-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Wolf.FOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:24 PM   #135
aer

If anyone can upload a compiled version of the new adjustments made by Ruxton that would be really helpful. Also is anyone having issues with the scripts on Windows 10 64bit?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #136
Teddy

Hi, I'm new to compiling reaper plugs on a mac (and in general). Could anyone give me pointers on how to create a xcode-project out of the source files on github, and then compiling said project?

I've kind of given up on my effort with OSC, as the performance isn't good enough. This looks a lot better, but I have to learn a new workflow to develop this further.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #137
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aer View Post
If anyone can upload a compiled version of the new adjustments made by Ruxton that would be really helpful. Also is anyone having issues with the scripts on Windows 10 64bit?
I have no problems on Windows 10 64bit. I'm using scripts run by buttons on my US-2400.

Is there any new compilation od csurf plugin for us?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #138
Ruxton

https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...ases/tag/1.2.0

It's really late and I gotta go to bed. Read the very few notes in the release.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:31 AM   #139
Ruxton

Quote:

https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...ases/tag/1.2.0

It's really late and I gotta go to bed. Read the very few notes in the release.
my changes to the help overlay made it crash when you try load the help overlay, don't try load the overlay for now.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:08 AM   #140
Ruxton

1.2.1 fixes the overlays crashing
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...ases/tag/1.2.1

Old 08-18-2020, 11:44 PM   #141
mattn

Default Been using your controller program!

Hi Ruxton,

thank you for a great implementation of this great controller!

Are you still willing to make some adjustments to your program?
I think it works great (especially the colored scribble strip), but I do have some ideas/suggestions…

Thanks so much,
mattn
Old 10-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #142
ACatNamedEaster

Hi David. I've been following this development for a good while now. In fact, I don't think I've ever participated in any kind of online forum before and I joined here specifically to engage on this one. First, I wantesd to say that this extension is genius and I really appreciate all the work that's gone into it. I picked up a US-2400 some time ago just assuming it would work in MCU mode with Reaper which, as you know it does but leaves a lot of funtionality to be desired. Using your extension and Reaper's command logs, and teaching myself a bit of Python, I'm managed to get the thing doing essentially everything I wanted it to and rarely even have to touch a mouse or keyboard in session. Kudos on that.

Having said that, I do have some of the issues described here and by other users--mainly that multiple tracks sending control messages seems to either cause severe delays in the US-2400's response time, or occasionlly locks it up all together. I see this thread has been inactive for about a year now, but I was wondering if you'd ever discovered any remedy to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---david View Post
– When the US-2400 is selected as control surface in the preferences but not hooked up, Reaper crashes on start - I have absolutely no idea why.

If any of you would find the time to check it out, or just glance over the code and give me pointers (hey, I made a c++ pun) on how to improve performance and fix the crash on start-up, I would be really grateful.
I don't know if it helps, but the only time I had this issue was using the metermode extension and only after the upgrasde to Reaper 6 (both worked fine in 5); the mkey extension seems to work just fine which, is fine because as you also know, the neat little LED rings on the US-2400 are nearly useless as any kind of actual metering anyway.If I forget to turn on the US-2400, I just get the message that the control surface is unavailable, but Reaper works just fine.
ACatNamedEaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #143
bishbash

Default scribble strip

Been using this for a while now - it is great.
As you say, the one problem with the US2400 is the lack of a display / scribble strip which yours goes a LONG way to remedy.
One issue that may be useful to solve / change.
The channels in Reaper are next to each other with no gap. You have a gap between 8&9 and 16&17 to mimic the hardware. The trouble is it's too big - the gaps and channels are the same size. It would be great if the gaps in your scribble strip were smaller so that you could actually push the US2400 up against your monitors and the scribble strip, the Reaper channels and the US2400 all line up.
Reaper mixer separators don't solve the issue as they move with channels and opening / closing of folders.
Could there be a right mouse configurator / column width control?
Apart from that I'm a very happy bunny
bishbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:33 PM   #144
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn View Post
Hi Ruxton,

thank you for a great implementation of this great controller!

Are you still willing to make some adjustments to your program?
I think it works great (especially the colored scribble strip), but I do have some ideas/suggestions…

Thanks so much,
mattn
Yeah sorry I dont check back here much, I'm all ears on suggestions or ideas for making it better. I wish we could just map native mode to the new CSI plugin, but it wont work and I'd much rather use native mode than the US-2400's MCU mode. I have been trying to build a fader type in CSI that would resolve this though, so who knows what will happen.

Last edited by Ruxton; 03-14-2022 at 09:42 PM.
Ruxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:35 PM   #145
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
Been using this for a while now - it is great.
Could there be a right mouse configurator / column width control?
Something like this is probably preferable. I'm pretty sure the whole intent of the gap was so the unit would line up against the monitor.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:46 PM   #146
mattn

Quote:
Yeah sorry I dont check back here much, I'm all ears on suggestions or ideas for making it better. I wish we could just map native mode to the new CSI plugin, but it wont work and I'd much rather use native mode than the US-2400's MCU mode. I have been trying to build a fader type in CSI that would resolve this though, so who knows what will happen.
I've had my US2400 working with your "script" for the last one or two years, and I am super thankful for your work. What I would propose would be this:

-the scroll wheel should move by a certain amount of pixles, not a time increment (as is implemented at the moment). This would make navigation when zoomed out faster. And more intuitive, I think.
-switching 24 tracks with the bank keys should be the default without any modifier (currently we need to press the shift button in conjuntion with the bank button). After all, it's a 24 fader controller.
-if you can, please fix the crash of reaper when usign the meter mode version of your program. I actually like to use the meter mode just to see if a track contains audio or not (and my clients have always been impressed by all the blinking LEDs)
-why not have shift modifiers to work with the transport section? I still have many custom scripts that I would like to run with say shift-Play.
-can touching the fader also select the track in reaper? I would like that, or at least that's what I was used to ;-)
-The "stop" LED could be lit when reaper is stopped.
-The colors of the scribble strip are somewhat darker than the ones I see in reaper - intentional?

Maybe these thoughts will inspire you to continue developement of your progam. If not, I'm already happy with what you gave us. Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2022, 09:25 PM   #147
Ruxton

Quote:
I've had my US2400 working with your "script" for the last one or two years, and I am super thankful for your work. What I would propose would be this:

-the scroll wheel should move by a certain amount of pixles, not a time increment (as is implemented at the moment). This would make navigation when zoomed out faster. And more intuitive, I think.
-switching 24 tracks with the bank keys should be the default without any modifier (currently we need to press the shift button in conjuntion with the bank button). After all, it's a 24 fader controller.
-if you can, please fix the crash of reaper when usign the meter mode version of your program. I actually like to use the meter mode just to see if a track contains audio or not (and my clients have always been impressed by all the blinking LEDs)
-why not have shift modifiers to work with the transport section? I still have many custom scripts that I would like to run with say shift-Play.
-can touching the fader also select the track in reaper? I would like that, or at least that's what I was used to ;-)
-The "stop" LED could be lit when reaper is stopped.
-The colors of the scribble strip are somewhat darker than the ones I see in reaper - intentional?

Maybe these thoughts will inspire you to continue developement of your progam. If not, I'm already happy with what you gave us. Thanks again!
I'll look into the scroll wheel, seems logical, but right now, if you hold down scrub the wheel is faster. I understand this is consistent with how tape scrubbing behaves?

Agree re: 24 shift, the last version did that change. It's an option in the config to page by 8 now and it defaults to 24.

Re Meter mode: update. It's now all one plugin, 1.2.1 has a checkbox in config for metermode (this explains also why you're still 8 shifting and not 24) it shouldn't crash anymore. I find metermode quite useless vs pan display, but they're nice to look at, so you can just switch between.

I'm open to defining scripts for shift+transport buttons. Let's see what I can put together for next release.

Touching the fader to select is problematic when you touch 5 faders and select them all? I could be wrong but I think currently touch engages/disengages latch when recording fader automations. I find the idea of select on touch annoying, but I'd happily look at it being a config option, we don't wall work alike.

Re: stop LED, i'll look into it, it may already be fixed in 1.2.1, I fixed minor things around button flashing and data being dropped.

Re: colors.. not sure, that was the original authors decision.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #148
Ruxton

The most recent version of this plugin from 2019 (1.2.1) is now available on ReaPack through ReaTeam/Extensions. I'll continue to post future updates to there and Github.

I'd suggest installing from ReaPack so future updates are delivered to you easily.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:27 AM   #149
mattn

Quote:
The most recent version of this plugin from 2019 (1.2.1) is now available on ReaPack through ReaTeam/Extensions. I'll continue to post future updates to there and Github.

I'd suggest installing from ReaPack so future updates are delivered to you easily.
1. Ok, version 1.2.1 solved the bank switching by 24 and also the meter mode - great.
The LED-flashing around the encoder buttons got a little worse, it seems to me.

2. When I switch to meter mode, and then back to pan mode, some encoder LEDs get "stuck" and don't react to pan changes anymore.

3. I really like the implementation of the aux assignment to ---1 and ---2 and so on. This allows me to define whatever I feel should be send 1-6. Great!

4. The Stop LED does not light (at least in my setup) when transport is stopped.

5. Right now, user assigning actions to SHIFT-transportkeys is not possible, but would be super to have as these buttons are so close together.

6. As for the scrub wheel: I would really prefer a static pixle-wise movement so that scrolling in a zoomed out arranger does not involve that may turns of the dial (pressing SHIFT while scrubbing is just too much pressing and thinking, in my opinion)

7. No need to make touch fader correlate to select track. You are right, it would only hinder workflow. After all, there are the SEL buttons.

Let me know how I can donate! ;_)
Old 04-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #150
Ruxton

Quote:
4. The Stop LED does not light (at least in my setup) when transport is stopped.
it's doable, i'll look into it

Quote:
2. When I switch to meter mode, and then back to pan mode, some encoder LEDs get "stuck" and don't react to pan changes anymore.
Ahh yeah I have seen this, but I tend to not bother with meter mode. I'll have a look though, it'll just be something dumb I did.

Quote:
3. I really like the implementation of the aux assignment to ---1 and ---2 and so on. This allows me to define whatever I feel should be send 1-6. Great!
This is the original developers work and yep, I agree.

Quote:
5. Right now, user assigning actions to SHIFT-transportkeys is not possible, but would be super to have as these buttons are so close together.
Will look into this, I was cleaning up code the other day and the parser for the scripts is generic enough that I think this doable without huge effort.

Quote:
6. As for the scrub wheel: I would really prefer a static pixle-wise movement so that scrolling in a zoomed out arranger does not involve that may turns of the dial (pressing SHIFT while scrubbing is just too much pressing and thinking, in my opinion)
I'm not sure how doable this is, and I'll definitely look into it at some time. But to be completely up front, it's gonna be low on my priorities.

Quote:
Let me know how I can donate! ;_)
To be completely open and fair, I must mention David the OP of this thread wrote a lot of the code. He clearly put a lot of thought and planning into how it works and gets used that I never could or would have thought of. The script tie-ins, the mode-switching in the surface, the aux send, that's all David's smart choices.

I'm now the custodian, keeping it alive and fixing things. My plan is to try fix the issues and currently i'm working getting it running cross-platform.

Please don't feel obligated to spend anything, but if you'd like, donate to the Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre or buy some music? My group is https://selektfew.bandcamp.com/ and my label of music me and my friends make is https://hearing-things.bandcamp.com/
Old 08-28-2022, 04:43 AM   #151
Vladistone

Default MacOS 10.13.6 integration

I discovered this extension for the Tascam US-2400 Win-exe a few months ago and was looking forward to trying it out on MacoS. finally it got a continuation for the macOS shell!
I installed the latest release 1.3.0 for MacOS
everything works great! Good job!
except for the tooltip and scribble strip (similar to Soft-LCD):
- soft-LCD looks very minimized? thus? that at first I did not immediately notice where this window is located? until I expanded it to a readable size.
- but with the shift+F-key helper window, it would be desirable to understand why it does not appear?

and one more question - I didn't quite understand how to connect this via Reapack? because it is necessary to specify a web link as a source of Repository list? isn't it?
does it work links?
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...00/find/master
or
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...0-x86_64.dylib
or
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csurf-us2400.git
all of this links gives the error

Last edited by Vladistone; 08-28-2022 at 05:17 AM.
Vladistone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:55 PM   #152
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladistone View Post
I discovered this extension for the Tascam US-2400 Win-exe a few months ago and was looking forward to trying it out on MacoS. finally it got a continuation for the macOS shell!
I installed the latest release 1.3.0 for MacOS
everything works great! Good job!
except for the tooltip and scribble strip (similar to Soft-LCD):
- soft-LCD looks very minimized? thus? that at first I did not immediately notice where this window is located? until I expanded it to a readable size.
- but with the shift+F-key helper window, it would be desirable to understand why it does not appear?

and one more question - I didn't quite understand how to connect this via Reapack? because it is necessary to specify a web link as a source of Repository list? isn't it?
does it work links?
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...00/find/master
or
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...0-x86_64.dylib
or
https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csurf-us2400.git
all of this links gives the error
Sorry about the delays in getting back to you, I only pop by here every now and then.

I haven't published the OSX version to ReaPack yet, but the Windows v1.2.1 in the reateam/extensions repo which I think is added by default.

The reason I haven't published it is I just kind of got it to compile. Basically the problems you are experiencing is why it isn't in there yet.

The help overlay doesn't show because there's no code to show it outside of windows
yet and the strip overlay is oddly sized because I was taking a crapshoot at it to get it "working".
Old 12-26-2022, 05:00 AM   #153
Gertius

Hi Ruxton and David,
thanks for creating this!

I´ve recently acquired a Tascam US 2400 and am ready to dive into this.
I have some experience coding in C++ and am interested in developing for this project.

Firstly, the version 1.2.1 from ReaPack does have some problems on my setup (Win 10 64 Bit, Reaper v6.73, SWS v2.12.1.3), it doesn´t show most of the parameter names in the Scribble Strip in Chan mode. Do you know anything about this behaviour?

I have already compiled the project v1.3.0 from GitHub for Windows 10 using VS2019, but there I encounter even stranger behaviour. The scribble strip and help windows don´t open at all and the dialog for the control surface configuration shows no options (see image attached).

On debugging when creating the scribble strip window, the function CreateWindowEx returns error code 1407, which stands for "Cannot find window class".

Ruxton, could you please go into your build process a little bit? I successfully used cmake and VS2019 to compile it, but am wondering if I am missing something to provoke these errors.

Thanks,
Christian
Attached Images
File Type: png Tascam2400-selfCompiled.png (20.4 KB, 41 views)
Gertius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 03:05 AM   #154
Gertius

I dug a little deeper and now was able to restore the scribble strip and help windows.
Some of the Win32 window creation code was commented out, I guess in order to work on the Mac version.

The Reaper config window is still not working, but it´s no problem. I can adjust the Midi Ports with the 1.2.1 version and then switch out the dll and the ports stay the same.

Also the scribble strip in chan mode works in another session and shows all params. Would be interesting to know why it works in one, but not the other session, maybe I´ll look into that. For now I´m happy that it worked to compile the latest version from GitHub. Already made some adjustments to encoder sensitivity and I feel that I can work with that.

Last edited by Gertius; 12-27-2022 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #155
Nardberr

Yes, I noticed that strange behavior in the scribble strip as well. It’s intermittent though and seems to be a more recent problem as older versions by David did not exhibit this problem.
Nardberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:55 AM   #156
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardberr View Post
Yes, I noticed that strange behavior in the scribble strip as well. It’s intermittent though and seems to be a more recent problem as older versions by David did not exhibit this problem.
Yeah this is why its not on reapack, 1.3 was essentially a release that might've worked and I wanted to test on MacOS and Linux.

Work on it is slow, but i've got some more things in play that should fix these issues.
Old 12-28-2022, 05:16 AM   #157
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertius View Post
Hi Ruxton and David,
thanks for creating this!

I´ve recently acquired a Tascam US 2400 and am ready to dive into this.
I have some experience coding in C++ and am interested in developing for this project.

Firstly, the version 1.2.1 from ReaPack does have some problems on my setup (Win 10 64 Bit, Reaper v6.73, SWS v2.12.1.3), it doesn´t show most of the parameter names in the Scribble Strip in Chan mode. Do you know anything about this behaviour?

I have already compiled the project v1.3.0 from GitHub for Windows 10 using VS2019, but there I encounter even stranger behaviour. The scribble strip and help windows don´t open at all and the dialog for the control surface configuration shows no options (see image attached).

On debugging when creating the scribble strip window, the function CreateWindowEx returns error code 1407, which stands for "Cannot find window class".

Ruxton, could you please go into your build process a little bit? I successfully used cmake and VS2019 to compile it, but am wondering if I am missing something to provoke these errors.

Thanks,
Christian
Hi Christian,

Any help would be greatly appreciated, send pull requests with any fixes.

You can see the windows build command in the appveyor config at https://github.com/Ruxton/reaper-csu...pveyor.yml#L95 im mostly working in VSCODE and running back to VC++ community edition to do any GUI edits i can't write in. This allows me (and anyone else) to work a bit more cross-platform, in that project is not dependent on VC++

Quote:
it doesn´t show most of the parameter names in the Scribble Strip in Chan mode. Do you know anything about this behaviour?
I haven't seen this before. I'll take my US-2400 to my laptop and have a smash at it over the coming days.

Last edited by Ruxton; 12-28-2022 at 07:32 AM.
Ruxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 05:20 AM   #158
Ruxton

Quote:
Already made some adjustments to encoder sensitivity and I feel that I can work with that.
Just be careful with that, there's a reason it's where it is.

If you notice under heavy load it starts not doing things, adjust it back. If not, send your adjustments through and I'll incorporate them.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:51 AM   #159
Ruxton

Quote:
The Reaper config window is still not working, but it´s no problem. I can adjust the Midi Ports with the 1.2.1 version and then switch out the dll and the ports stay the same.
the latest commits restore it in Windows, haven't had a chance to look at the other builds yet.

Automatic builds of commits live for around 30 days here and all platforms are covered in the builds. If you wanna try them, try them, but don't rely on them until they hit reapack.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:17 AM   #160
Gertius

Hi Ruxton,
thanks for your replies!
Great to see that you are still working on this project.

Recompiling your latest changes fixes the configuration window on my machine as well so thanks for that!

I have now created a fork in Git. I´ve found and fixed a small bug and created a pull request, just to get the ball rolling and see that it all works (I have lots of experience with SVN, but less so with Git yet).

I´ll keep an eye out for strange encoder behaviour (I set the regular encoder resolution to 100). So far I haven´t, but I also haven´t had heavy load I think.

Cheers!
Christian