Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
kostaps
Human being with feelings

Default Steinberg Dark Planet and Hypnotic Dance vsts crashing Reaper...

I try to play around with Dark Planet and Hypnotic Dance (both vsts from Steinberg) and they crash Reaper.
After Hypnotic Dance crashed Reaper when I re-open Reaper I got a message saying "Can't Open Reamote UDP port" and there was no sound coming out of Reaper (???)
I am a beginner in computer music production, I know little about audio and DAWS... any help?
Thank you!
kostaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
V'ger
Human being with feelings

ReaMote is REAPER's network FX functionality, so strange that the Steinberg plugins will open that, and even weirder, that Reaper will insist on those the next time you open Reaper.

To make sure Reaper opens a clean project when you start, go to Preferences - Project - Project Settings, and set it to load a (empty) template project when starting up.

About the Steinberg VSTs, I know from trying Retrolgue and Padshop that they need a lot of extra operating system files from .NET to work, plus that they might also install some copy protection drivers (soft-dongle), so your trouble could be anywhere.

It might seem surprising, but even a big company like Steinberg doesn't really have the best plugins. They just buy up some usually smaller developer and sell those, and would probably be happy that they work best on Cubase etc..
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote