Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #81
davidamnesia
Human being with feelings

Default Coming very late to this thread but why not on the stash?

I'm sorry, I don't understand why this theme is buried, several clicks deep, on a personal and/or church website.

Share it with the Reaper community IN the Reaper community, yeah?

Or am I missing something?
davidamnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #82
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
lookin' beter an better Dannii... but for heaven's sake, when are you gonna get away from all this gray and start using some real colors!
lol ....and thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52 tele View Post
guysrenos@hotmail.com
Send an email and i will send you some material!

Guy
Loving your stuff Guy. Methinks we can do some nice collabs together
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidamnesia View Post
I'm sorry, I don't understand why this theme is buried, several clicks deep, on a personal and/or church website.

You're missing something
It is simple to find and download. No harder than using the Stash. This forum is the REAPER community and you can get my theme from the links I've shared here.

Bottom line.... My theme, my server, my choice how to share it. If you like it, great. You can get it for free from my server, using my bandwidth which I pay for
Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #83
bfsound

just checked it takes 2 clicks Keep up the good work! Still thinking about an SSL or maybe even API desk :0

p.s just saw your post in the favorite theme thread, someone please donate Dannii an SSL please for the better of man kind and theming!
bfsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #84
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsound View Post
just checked it takes 2 clicks Keep up the good work! Still thinking about an SSL or maybe even API desk :0

p.s just saw your post in the favorite theme thread, someone please donate Dannii an SSL please for the better of man kind and theming!
lol

I should have another update to add here soon. This will include toolbar icons for mixer and track view options and will include some updated graphics and WALTER tweaks to the volume and pan labels.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #85
Dannii

Beta 9 - 27th April 2011

+ New MCP Master channel layout design (improves use of available space).
+ Improved MCP Volume and Pan label integration with dedicated label png's.
...To do - Dual panner graphics don't display correctly in this theme yet.

Beta 8 - Neve, Calrec, Bob Katz REAPER V4 theme - 20th February 2011

+ New 'Wide Master' option added to MCP Master channel widens master meters allowing more room for surround display (selectable via layout options)

Beta 7 - Neve, Calrec, Bob Katz REAPER V4 theme - 17th February 2011

+ Redesigned master meter graphics (MAJOR task!!) for K-12, K-14, K-20 and uncalibrated display
+ Duplicated themes for the above calibration standards (Devs, can we please have the option of using mcp_master_vu.png's in layout custom image folders so theme duplication isn't necessary?)
+ Added installation and calibration instructions (included in this download)
+ Added K-System calibration REAPER project to this download (includes calibrated pink noise file)
- Transport: Show/hide play rate control options removed from layouts
+ Transport: Show/hide play rate control option activated in REAPER transport right click context menu
+ Transport: Show/hide time signature option activated in REAPER transport right click context menu
+ Transport: Center transport controls option right click context menu positions transport status text
+ Redesigned transport layout to resize when undocked and showing or hiding play rate control (click right edge of transport window if resize doesn't activate automatically - Possible WALTER bug?)

Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #86
XITE-1/4LIVE

That's a lot of time, heart and soul you put into this.
Thanks for sharing this.
The surround/wide options are most appreciated.

JV
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #87
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
That's a lot of time, heart and soul you put into this.
Thanks for sharing this.
You're welcome.... and yeah, I've spent a LOT of time on this one. Weeks worth of work if I was to add up all the hours. This is my daily use theme so I've spent time making it as practical as possible (at least for my work-flow) while being visually easy too look at (IMHO at least).
Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
The surround/wide options are most appreciated.

JV
I'm hoping the devs do some more work on the master meter options soon. Then I can do some better tweaks to the graphics (RMS and peak display on ALL channels would be ideal).
See my metering improvements feature request for more details (link is in my signature).
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #88
LogicMD

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work, going to roll the new theme out in a bit
LogicMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #89
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicMD View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work, going to roll the new theme out in a bit
I'll have to upload the newest version to my new server. I moved everything from a shared server to a VPS recently and haven't uploaded the theme files yet.
I don't know what the file size limit is for the REAPER Stash but because I have calibration audio files and other goodies in my theme download, it appears to be too big (just under 10MB).
Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #90
hopi

Dannii... perhaps you could use winrar, and make a multipart rar file of the whole folder... this would let you really make two [or more] rar files that could be up'd to the stash... cuz they would be half the size of the whole theme...

a user would need to then download both rar files and put them in a folder and then unrar them to get the whole theme as a folder...

you see?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #91
benf

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidamnesia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
You're missing something
It is simple to find and download. No harder than using the Stash. This forum is the REAPER community and you can get my theme from the links I've shared here.

Bottom line.... My theme, my server, my choice how to share it. If you like it, great. You can get it for free from my server, using my bandwidth which I pay for
As a Christian, I find that strange.
Of course, it's your choice.
It takes you time to do that job, and you're paying to get bandwidth on that server when you can use the stash for free.
By doing a simplistic thinking, would you mind if I put a theme on an al-qaeda sympathizer's site ? For sure you will. But for me, it sounds the same.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #92
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
As a Christian, I find that strange.
Of course, it's your choice.
It takes you time to do that job, and you're paying to get bandwidth on that server when you can use the stash for free.
By doing a simplistic thinking, would you mind if I put a theme on an al-qaeda sympathizer's site ? For sure you will. But for me, it sounds the same.
I guess you missed the post I just made. Here it is again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
I'll have to upload the newest version to my new server. I moved everything from a shared server to a VPS recently and haven't uploaded the theme files yet.
I don't know what the file size limit is for the REAPER Stash but because I have calibration audio files and other goodies in my theme download, it appears to be too big (just under 10MB).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Dannii... perhaps you could use winrar, and make a multipart rar file of the whole folder... this would let you really make two [or more] rar files that could be up'd to the stash... cuz they would be half the size of the whole theme...

a user would need to then download both rar files and put them in a folder and then unrar them to get the whole theme as a folder...

you see?
That's not a bad idea. I don't have WinRAR on my laptop but I do have 7zip which I use for everything. That can split files and it's free for those who don't have it. I might give that a shot and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #93
Dannii

Cheers for the file splitting suggestion Hopi. I have just uploaded this theme to the Stash in five parts. These were split using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). To reconstruct them, just download all five parts and open the first part in 7zip and extract. You should then have a normal zip file with everything including instructions, theme files and audio calibration files inside. Extract that as you would any other zip file and you should be good to go.

Of course, this theme CAN be used without taking the steps to calibrate everything to the K-System. Everything is in the instructions.

Here's the files...

Part 1
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/965/Dan..._Beta-9.7z.001

Part 2
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/966/Dan..._Beta-9.7z.002

Part 3
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/967/Dan..._Beta-9.7z.003

Part 4
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/968/Dan..._Beta-9.7z.004

Part 5
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/969/Dan..._Beta-9.7z.005

Old 04-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #94
Dannii

I see this has had a little over thirty downloads since I uploaded it yesterday so I am curious to know if anyone here has had any issues with the multi part file splitting with 7zip. If the general consensus is that this method of uploading to the stash works for everyone, I'll continue in this manner for future updates which leads me to my next point.

I've done one update since version 9 of this theme (the one currently on the stash) which is more of a minor cosmetic update and includes colouring of some of the window backgrounds that were made WATERable in a REAPER update since I made version 9.

Those who've downloaded this from the stash and tried it, please let me know how you went with re-joining the split files.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #95
Dannii

Hmmm... either this is working for everybody or it is working for nobody!!! Either way, I have no idea! Nobody has spoken.

Here's a direct link to all five parts on the stash...
https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=...=th&o=nd&pp=24
Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #96
soundlimit15

Extracted ok here Dannii
soundlimit15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #97
Dannii

Cheers SL15. Great to know it is working for others too. I'll stick to this method of uploading for my next update.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #98
Dannii

Now that I have a 1920x1080 touch screen on my new laptop, it might be time to experiment with some touch screen oriented layouts for this theme. Time to brush up on my WALTER memory.

Who else is using a touch screen and would be interested in my experiments?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #99
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Absolutely AMAZING theme! Thanks for all your hard work. Just installed it today to give it a look

This must have taken CRAZY amounts of work
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #100
pipelineaudio
Mortal

how do I show normal FX instead of input fx?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #101
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Absolutely AMAZING theme! Thanks for all your hard work. Just installed it today to give it a look

This must have taken CRAZY amounts of work
Thanks heaps for your comments Pipe. It did indeed take a massive amount of work. Everything was created from scratch. The thing that took the most amount of tweaking was the K-system metering. There was a lot of non standard image manipulation in that and it took ages to get to a usable state.

Most of this theme was created from actual photo's of real buttons (the clear knobs that light up are photo's from a Neve Genesys desk), knobs, plugs and sockets and other stuff. The tape reels in the playback rate control are a photo of actual Ampex 456 tape from my studio and the rate control knob is a photo of a head stack from an Ampex open reel deck.

The send/receive options 'button' was designed to show a 6.5mm insert plug when no routing is selected (the idea being that a 6.5mm socket can be either an input or an output), an XLR female panel socket when the track is or has a receive, an XLR male socket when the track is or has a send, and a half and half male/female XLR when the track has both a send and receive.
Quote:
how do I show normal FX instead of input fx?
Just under the meters on the right is the normal FX button. It lights up when you insert FX on the channel. In the middle, the little blue light that comes on when FX are inserted, is the FX bypass control.

Last edited by Dannii; 06-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Dannii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #102
pipelineaudio
Mortal

how do I insert fx without the button?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #103
Dannii

Quote:
how do I insert fx without the button?
Do you have a single row of channels showing in your mixer? If so, you should see the inserts and sends above the meters and you can add FX from there.
If you are using a monitor with at least 1080 pixel height, you should see the inserts and sends even with two rows showing.
They might not show if you have the mixer docked under the TCP on a smaller monitor though. But that would be the same with most themes.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #104
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Ahhh, I only use the MCP for busses, I use the TCP for most things, maybe thats where Im messing up
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #105
Dannii

Ah gotcha. I might have to do some tweaks there. This theme was created predominantly to suit my workflow and I work predominantly in the MCP for mixing.
The whole resizing and moving of UI elements WALTER code for the TCP was something I wasn't too eager to make more complex than my needs. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to add the FX buttons to a layout in the TCP.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #106
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I never use input fx, so maybe I can just swap those easy enough
Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #107
Dannii

Quote:
The only thing with that is the input FX button only shows up when record is enabled. The easiest thing would probably be to just stretch the channel name label a little and add the normal FX button on the same row as the record, mute and solo buttons.
Leave it with me until after the weekend and I'll do some tweaks.... or, if you want to have a crack at it before then, go for it.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #108
hopi

Quote:
curious pipe... they can be very handy... especially for midi input
Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #109
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I dont understand what it does
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #110
Billoon

They are usefull if you want to print a FX when recording. Before, we had to use record output which meant when you play the recording back you need to bypass the FX otherwise it would get applied twice.

If you dont want to print an FX when recording, you probably dont need it.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #111
Dannii

I haven't forgotten about the tweaks, Pipe, just had a crazy week this week.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #112
hopi

Quote:
I dont understand what it does
they only show up IF the track is rec armed... if so, then for example you could put a compressor on as Input FX while recording a bass... I know you will extrapolate what can be done with them from there...

but basically the signal runs through the FX before it ever records onto the track...

works for midi as well for things like transosers, etc.