Old Today, 03:31 AM   #1921
osxmidi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
I double checked, and I have the newest Mint18 dev libraries,
mentioned in your insructions at the GIT page, and the latest g++ 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609

/opt/wine-devel/bin has wineg++

but it's not found in

/usr/include/wine-development

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine-development

But why are those two folders even there,
when staging is in /opt? (I didn't think I ever
installed a 'regular wine' after a recent reinstall,
but I've been a bat in an echo chamber lately,
with all the great new software tools, so maybe I did,
and removed it, rather than purging it.

I'll try the binary shortly, but any suggestions for the build
are welcome. Cheers
I've had a look at my system.

I've got wineg++ in /usr/lib/wine-development and in the various Wine staging and Wine stable install places /opt/wine-staging/bin/wineg++ and /opt/wine-stable/bin/wing++

The wineg++ that will probably be used though is /usr/bin/wineg++ and whatever that points to is it (symbolic link).

Using ls -la /usr/bin/wineg++, I can see that it points to on my system /opt/wine-stable/bin/wineg++ (because I installed wine-stable last)

If I type wineg++ --version then it gives me the g++ version printout.

If I type g++ --version then it gives the same g++ version printout.

They both give the same g++ version because wineg++ (winegcc) uses /usr/bin/g++ or whatever it points to (symbolic link).

Check if wineg++ --version and g++ --version work and that they give the same version printout.

If they don't, check if you have a /usr/bin/g++

Last edited by osxmidi; Today at 03:59 AM.
osxmidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #1922
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
I'm not being able to load LSP VSTs (http://lsp-plug.in/), Reaper crashes with this dumped on the terminal:

path=/usr/lib64/vst/lsp-plugins.vst

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'

(reaper5:3354): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplay'

(reaper5:3354): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) reaper5

Any clues? Did anyone had success trying to load this VSTs?
It's a gdk clash of some sort between Reaper and LSP.

The AmSynth synth vst is the same.

Maybe try Carla and the lv2 versions, I don't know if they work or not.

Last edited by osxmidi; Today at 04:53 AM.
osxmidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:52 AM   #1923
snooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Sounds like an issue between unity and wine. Are you running any other windows native applications that maybe have the same behavior?
Nope, it's just native Linux Reaper. I've switched to gnome now since they are killing Unity soon anyway. I remember Unity funnies with Wine though from a couple of years ago that didn't happen on other desktops. It's a shame the Canonical vision was killed by the Linux community, now the stage is clear for Microsoft and Apple.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:20 AM   #1924
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooks View Post
@brainwreck/Garrick: this is on Unity, with Gnome full screen works perfectly. Actually on Unity, full screen leaves the top OS bar on the screen too.
If I understand correctly reaper fullscreen leaves the OS bar visible? If so it's the same on kde/kwin, the video window does fullscreen though. IIRC this was some compromise as it seems very hard to make reaper perform flawlessly with all different window managers. I am sure this will be taken care of in time, as other things probably have a priority.
Software: Archlinux/KDE/Wine, Reaper64, Komplete8, IK Multimedia, Toontrack and various other plugs. Gear: i7-2600k, 16gb ram, RME Multiface, RME Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, and much more :)
Jack Winter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:35 AM   #1925
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
I'm not being able to load LSP VSTs (http://lsp-plug.in/), Reaper crashes with this dumped on the terminal:

path=/usr/lib64/vst/lsp-plugins.vst

(reaper5:3354): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) reaper5

Any clues? Did anyone had success trying to load this VSTs?
I can confirm the same on archlinux/kde. Started making a buildscript to build from source instead of installing the binaries, but then I realized that the source is not for all the plugins, so I lost insterest...

Interestingly if I build swell with GDK2 support it does open the plugin GUI, and processes audio, but it does leave the reaper GUI completely blocked.
Software: Archlinux/KDE/Wine, Reaper64, Komplete8, IK Multimedia, Toontrack and various other plugs. Gear: i7-2600k, 16gb ram, RME Multiface, RME Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, and much more :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; Today at 05:56 AM. Reason: details about gdk2
Jack Winter is online now   Reply With Quote