Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
xtravar
Human being with feelings

Default Basic on-the-go editing/note taking (and/or stripped down export and merge)

I'd like the ability to export a stripped down version of a project and then re-integrate it (by some non-demanding definition of re-integrate) later.

Some scenarios I'm looking at:
1. Take notes while I'm away from my workstation, or send to someone else to take notes, and then have them integrated into the project. Right now this entails rendering & keeping a document of time offsets.
2. Trimming individual tracks or cutting from the master, or even some simple volume/panning. Right now it seems the whole project would have to be copied to another fully capable workstation with the exact same FX and capabilities. What I'd prefer are some low-res stem tracks in a slimmed down project so that it could be done on a device or laptop that is not setup as the main rig.

If there were even a file format for some of this (like a silent midi track w/text metadata), I'd be willing to make my own client app(s) or what-have-you.

Maybe someone's done some of this with regions/markers and I just need to find the right workflow?
xtravar is offline   Reply With Quote