Old 04-26-2017, 03:05 AM   #2961
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
exactly, I want it to affect the original ReaControl-MIDI-VST, not a new one.

I understand. Saving seems robust to me
It's the instant-saving directly after loading a project that makes problems I guess.

Thank you for the info regarding scanboot.
And please no hurry, just wanted to report
The problem with the instant saving - is not that it's instant saving - it's getting confused between a new version of the project (where it does want to save new data) and a completely new project (where it wants to LOAD data).

If Reaper would simply give notification somehow that Save has been pressed, or Save As, or Save As New, or Load Project, things would be simple. But it doesn't. The only thing I have is a flag that tells me if the project is dirty or not!

So I have to work out from that single flag and the project name which of those options has occurred so the script can save/load the appropriate data.

I think this is partially why I created the Save As New.lua and Save As.lua scripts - to override the default Reaper Save options - so I could get it to work the way I wanted.

Anyway - it's not working as it should so I'll try to work out a solution
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 AM   #2962
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I think this is partially why I created the Save As New.lua and Save As.lua scripts - to override the default Reaper Save options - so I could get it to work the way I wanted.
totally understand, not an easy task as it seems.
So to me you proposed the solution already
--> a .lua action like you did for save, but just with "open project" which does not do a save after opening a project or chooses the right script data.

But thats just me babbling away in a non-programmer language

thank you for the insight into the problem.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:11 AM   #2963
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Funny

I'll share ... I was never much on Electronic Music [is this EDM] ... but I must say, I've found your music [even as you switch through different things] enjoyable.

Still ... I'm blown away how you fly around the screen making changes. [and your GUI design and layout ... impressive ! ]

You post ... we'll watch/listen.

... and thanks for putting up with us Neb-nerds. I can see how it can impact on so many levels ... but what lb0 has created for those from Nebula is phenomenal.
Thank you RJ!

its really valuable because comes from non electronic music listener..
i have absolutely no idea about the specific genre
thanks to Leon i can combine easily a lot of different type sound sources..
but i think it depends on the snapshot that currently playing
speaking of the sound sources, i realized (+ still testing) just a few hours ago..
if i use JS midi bus router in this setup,
for example:
i can create 16 instances of kontakt filled 16 channels with the kick samples..so 16x128x16=over 32000
just for the kick... same for snare & percussions etc...
..crazy!

anyway,
i swear, to me all the work Leon did is Phenomenal!

gui stuff nah!
i am just a hobbyist but i take the compliment
Thank you.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #2964
lb0

RJ - Have just released an important update which fixes a problem with the RCM switches.

I didn't realize somehow - that when a ReaControlMIDI VST is active and has the bank/prog enabled tickbox ticked - when you load a project it automatically resends whatever data is saved in it. Thus all the Nebula instances get reset as soon as you load a project :/

Anyway - I've found a workaround. All you need to do in your strips - is edit all the ReaControlMIDI instances and UNCHECK the Bank/Program Select Enabled checkboxes. Then resave the strip.

I've altered my code to temporarily enable the checkbox when choosing the program - then disabling it again. So at no point should the project be saved with the option enabled (and thus resetting values on project load).

And the update also contains hopefully A fix for Dasombre's issue. The problem was that when loading an older version of the same project - the project id's were identical so it didn't realise the project was different. And then it also wasn't resetting the project dirty flag - so immediately saved the strip - and overwriting the old data file with the wrong data!! D'Oh!

Now it checks the project name also and some other stuff.

Oops - just checked and it's broken when Create New Project is selected...

Ok fixed - I think.

Please be careful using this new version - I've tested as thoroughly as possible in the time I've had...

Just let me know if you notice any odd behaviour with saving/loading...

PLEASE NOTE: If you've downloaded in the last hour - there were some hiccups with that version - please download latest.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #2965
RJHollins

OK ... dL'd the latest LUA version.

Went in an changed the RMC setting as prescribed.

Everything looks to be working [patches are changing as expected].

Glad you caught this, as I've yet to use a STRIP in a saved project. That should be happening very soon.

Meantime ... still updating several more STRIPS with patch change feature [and other things].

THANKS lb0
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #2966
lb0

Quote:
OK ... dL'd the latest LUA version.

Went in an changed the RMC setting as prescribed.

Everything looks to be working [patches are changing as expected].

Glad you caught this, as I've yet to use a STRIP in a saved project. That should be happening very soon.

Meantime ... still updating several more STRIPS with patch change feature [and other things].

THANKS lb0
That's great - of course I'll be very happy to test out the updated strip if you like
Old 04-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #2967
RJHollins

Prep'ing to email as we speak !

... EDIT---

... and sent !

Last edited by RJHollins; 04-26-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #2968
lb0

Seems my changes to the save routine have created a new bug where if you create a new project - start creating a strip - and then use Reaper's default save routine - File->Save / SaveAs - it loses all the data :O

So for now please make sure if you start a new project - either save it before opening Stripper, or use the LBX Save Project.lua script to save (this works ok).

I'll look into the problem tomorrow and hopefully provide a fix... Sorry about this - but all the different options means getting the logic correct for this is not straightforward.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #2969
lb0

Quote:
Prep'ing to email as we speak !

Great - will test tomorrow
Old 04-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #2970
dasombre

Quote:
And the update also contains hopefully A fix for Dasombre's issue. The problem was that when loading an older version of the same project - the project id's were identical so it didn't realise the project was different. And then it also wasn't resetting the project dirty flag - so immediately saved the strip - and overwriting the old data file with the wrong data!! D'Oh!

Now it checks the project name also and some other stuff.
Thanks a lot for the fix Leon! Just tested the latest version and loading works fine now. Everything loads as it was saved before.

But a new quirk came up: making a blank new project now freezes Reaper completely when you have the script window open and controls in there.

The black window from LBX comes up: "Reading data file...Please wait..." but nothing happens and force quit is the only thing what closes Reaper then.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #2971
lb0

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the fix Leon! Just tested the latest version and loading works fine now. Everything loads as it was saved before.

But a new quirk came up: making a blank new project now freezes Reaper completely when you have the script window open and controls in there.

The black window from LBX comes up: "Reading data file...Please wait..." but nothing happens and force quit is the only thing what closes Reaper then.
Yeah - the 'fix' has caused several problems elsewhere - I spent the last hour trying different things out - but not found a solution.

I've not had frozen Reaper yet - but mine deletes all data if a strip is created before you save the project (so it is unnamed).

It might be freezing for you if you have no tracks in your default template. Mine always has tracks in it - so might not see the same problems.

You see all the different things that need to be dealt with? And all I have is a project dirty flag (1 or 0) and the project name. From these two bits of data I need to work out whether the project has been saved/saved as a new file/new tab opened/old project loaded with same project id/old project loaded with different project id/new project created...

I don't know if there is a good solution - if it's even possible to cover all the options.

I'll look into it tomorrow some more... I give up for today!!! :/
Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #2972
lb0

I've reverted the save fix for tonight - it just made things worse...

will look into another solution tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #2973
dasombre

puuh, this sounds hard to do with only those 2 variables...
I hope you don't hurt your head with this

As I said earlier, I can work around the load-issue by making a macro (stop all scripts then run open command), but still sooner or later someone will reload a previous project with the script window open and then there will be a lot of head-scratching I guess.

That's why I thought that a special "LBX-open project.lua" would have been enough, without changing the inner workings of how the script-data is read, saved and managed.

But thank you very much for looking for a fix! Much appreciated!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #2974
dasombre

Quote:
I've not had frozen Reaper yet - but mine deletes all data if a strip is created before you save the project (so it is unnamed).
confirmed here too

Quote:
It might be freezing for you if you have no tracks in your default template. Mine always has tracks in it - so might not see the same problems.
no, here it is happening when beeing in a normal saved project, then wanting to make a new blank project while LBX is open, then it freezes.

Good night and give your brain a little rest
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #2975
timbralzoom

is this ">" character forbidden to use?
first i thought "<" and ">" both problematic
but turned out only > causes the problem
here is what i mean:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...2RwLXVVeGZ1LW8

btw. i didn't update yet..
still using the first version with the midi prog switch,
right after the "RANDOMIZE" button addition.(i think 20 or 21 April)

EDIT:
or we just simply avoid to use any character that OS doesn't allow us to use in the file names already?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-27-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #2976
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
is this ">" character forbidden to use?
first i thought "<" and ">" both problematic
but turned out only > causes the problem
here is what i mean:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...2RwLXVVeGZ1LW8

btw. i didn't update yet..
still using the first version with the midi prog switch,
right after the "RANDOMIZE" button addition.(i think 20 or 21 April)

EDIT:
or we just simply avoid to use any character that OS doesn't allow us to use in the file names already?
I don't know for sure in this case - but certain punctuation chars have other uses in some Lua situations where they act as special characters. There's a chance therefore that the string may not be recognized properly within Lua if those characters exist in the string. Obviously something isn't quite right.

The easiest thing to do would be avoid any characters that cause issues
Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #2977
timbralzoom

Quote:
I don't know for sure in this case - but certain punctuation chars have other uses in some Lua situations where they act as special characters. There's a chance therefore that the string may not be recognized properly within Lua if those characters exist in the string. Obviously something isn't quite right.

The easiest thing to do would be avoid any characters that cause issues
from now on all the funcy ones are dead to me
thanks!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #2978
lb0

Quote:
confirmed here too

no, here it is happening when beeing in a normal saved project, then wanting to make a new blank project while LBX is open, then it freezes.

Good night and give your brain a little rest
OK - an average nights sleep + a day thinking about this - I think I've got something working pretty well

In fact - it was prob. a little easier than I thought.

Basically the new logic is - if project name is different - check for existing data file - if one exists - load it - if not - save the strip data. There's a little more to it than that to cover some side issues - but I'm not going to explain it all here

This seems to cover most possibilities. The only one that might still cause an issue is if you choose SaveAs - and then overwrite an existing file that happens to have strip data...

So as long as you always use new filenames when saving - this works pretty well. Of course saving over the current file is fine too.

Now - because of all the different save location/options - I haven't been able to test all of them - so if you notice anything strange (basically - if you have a strip loaded - but then load an older project version without closing the strip window) and it fails to find the lbxstripper file correctly - then it may overwrite the original data.

So please ensure you keep backups for now - until more people have tested and confirmed its working.

If you have any issues - please let me know - along with what save location settings you have: Whether you save to the project folder, and have anything in the save subfolder option.

Cheers,

I'll repeat again - please backup your saved stripper data files just in case...
Old 04-28-2017, 02:43 AM   #2979
dasombre

Awesome! Will test thouroughly this evening
Biiig Thanks!
Old 04-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #2980
timbralzoom

i think was a nice idea.. but didn't work of course
no clue is it possible or not in lua / knobman..
or worth to mention..just couldn't resist the try.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:03 AM   #2981
lb0

Quote:
i think was a nice idea.. but didn't work of course
no clue is it possible or not in lua / knobman..
or worth to mention..just couldn't resist the try.
nice idea. it would be possible I think if I allowed disabling redrawing the background for both overlapping controls... Also - none of the visible part of the control should overlap any other visible part of a control. And any transparencies must be 100% transparent...

Then it might work - I'll do some tests if you send me the groovy meter...

Oh - the groovy meter couldn't have transparency to 'replace the level indicator' part - as without redrawing the background - it would need solid colour to overwrite the meter level when the value falls... If you have a knobman file - could you send me that please

Last edited by lb0; 04-29-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #2982
timbralzoom

Yay! here
Attached Files
File Type: zip Timb_METER-Circle.zip (40.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-29-2017, 02:21 AM   #2983
lb0

Quote:
Yay! here
Thanks - will look into later.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #2984
dasombre

tested the latest version and the open project still does not work.
In most cases it gets overwritten by the current script data if LBX window is open

It only does not overwrite the other script data (sometimes) when nothing has been changed in the project, but then again this defeats the purpose of reopening a project like wanting to go back to a certain point in time.

It also works here when the other project has a completely different name (although beeing in the same project folder), but not working when the projects in a project folder are saved with XXX-Name_01 , XXX_Name_02 (saved with the "save as new version")

Very sorry to bring the bad news
Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #2985
lb0

Quote:
tested the latest version and the open project still does not work.
In most cases it gets overwritten by the current script data if LBX window is open

It only does not overwrite the other script data (sometimes) when nothing has been changed in the project, but then again this defeats the purpose of reopening a project like wanting to go back to a certain point in time.

It also works here when the other project has a completely different name (although beeing in the same project folder), but not working when the projects in a project folder are saved with XXX-Name_01 , XXX_Name_02 (saved with the "save as new version")

Very sorry to bring the bad news
It works fine for me - I think it's to do with your save data folder. I remember it puzzling me before where it puts your files. The current method relies on working out if you have saved data existing - but if it can't work out where your files are... So I just need to adjust for your settings.

In settings - can you please let me know exactly what you have entered in the save subfolder - and also your setting for save to project folder option...

Also - can you give me an example of the exact path where it saves your .lbxstripper files.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #2986
dasombre

Sure thing, here are all the settings:

In Stripper-Settings:
- save script data in project folder (CHECK)
- save subfolder: #
- create backup when saving (CHECK)

Reaper Project settings / MEDIA-Tab:
- "path to save media files" (leave blank for same path as project file):
--> "Audio Files"
(all my Audio Files are in folder "Audio Files" in the main project folder.)

My Stripperfiles end up here:
"Best Song ever heard" / Audio Files / *here are multiple LBX folders for each project-version/ *here is the stripper file and ".lbxstripper_" and the backup.

I can send screenshots if necessary

A concrete path would be:

C:/Users/Fisto/Desktop/Saving Test With LBX Action/Audio Files/Saving Test With LBX Action_9/Saving Test With LBX Action_9.lbxstripper

C:/.../Main Project Folder/Audio Files/lbx-folder for each Project (in the Main project folder, created automatically when saving with script data)/stripper.data
Old 04-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #2987
lb0

Quote:
Sure thing, here are all the settings:

In Stripper-Settings:
- save script data in project folder (CHECK)
- save subfolder: #
- create backup when saving (CHECK)

Reaper Project settings / MEDIA-Tab:
- "path to save media files" (leave blank for same path as project file):
--> "Audio Files"
(all my Audio Files are in folder "Audio Files" in the main project folder.)

My Stripperfiles end up here:
"Best Song ever heard" / Audio Files / *here are multiple LBX folders for each project-version/ *here is the stripper file and ".lbxstripper_" and the backup.

I can send screenshots if necessary

A concrete path would be:

C:/Users/Fisto/Desktop/Saving Test With LBX Action/Audio Files/Saving Test With LBX Action_9/Saving Test With LBX Action_9.lbxstripper

C:/.../Main Project Folder/Audio Files/lbx-folder for each Project (in the Main project folder, created automatically when saving with script data)/stripper.data
Ok - I remember now what is was with your setup. Might take a while to sort this one out still.

In the meantime - you might wish to switch the save to project path option off in Stripper options. This way you should be able to work ok with Stripper saving and loading (hopefully) correctly. You may be able to confirm for me if this is the case. Although remember that all lbxstripper files will for the time being end up in the LBXCS_resources/projsave/ folder.

But until I get this fixed for your settings - it's all I can suggest.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #2988
dasombre

Quote:
Ok - I remember now what is was with your setup. Might take a while to sort this one out still.

In the meantime - you might wish to switch the save to project path option off in Stripper options. This way you should be able to work ok with Stripper saving and loading (hopefully) correctly. You may be able to confirm for me if this is the case. Although remember that all lbxstripper files will for the time being end up in the LBXCS_resources/projsave/ folder.

But until I get this fixed for your settings - it's all I can suggest.
thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this and big bummer again:
exactly the same behaviour as before: when Stripper window is open, the script data is overwritten by the data which is currently open in the stripper window.

Only difference now: even if project names are completely different, data gets overwritten if window is open.

EDIT: easiest and safest workaround for now is to close the stripper-window when opening another project.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:27 PM   #2989
lb0

Quote:
thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this and big bummer again:
exactly the same behaviour as before: when Stripper window is open, the script data is overwritten by the data which is currently open in the stripper window.

Only difference now: even if project names are completely different, data gets overwritten if window is open.
Have you tried this with a new project?

Can you please explain the exact steps you go through to get it to happen?

Thanks

EDIT: Can you take out the # from subfolder?
Old 04-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #2990
dasombre

Quote:
Have you tried this with a new project?
tried with a completely new project.

Quote:
Can you please explain the exact steps you go through to get it to happen?
Make a project and save a couple of versions with "save as new version" while stripper window open. Added some controls to LBX Test_01 and some controls to LBX_Test_02 (both in the same main project folder). Make them look different so it is more obvious visually.

Now open one of those 2 projects and open stripper. Leave stripper window open and open the other project in the same main project folder and you will still have the same controls from the current project, NOT the new one. The new ones are gone and were overwritten by the previous script-data.

Quote:
Can you take out the # from subfolder?
yeees, it works without the #

Seems like looking in different subfolders confuses it.

My workaround is the macro I just did:
- ReaScript: close all running ReaScripts
- File: Open Project

This way I can keep my folders organized and not loose scriptdata. The only really minor drawback is that I have to reopen the stripper window after changing to another project, but I like that more than having all stripperdata in one folder and in a massively huge list which is hard to keep track of
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #2991
lb0

Quote:
tried with a completely new project.

Make a project and save a couple of versions with "save as new version" while stripper window open. Added some controls to LBX Test_01 and some controls to LBX_Test_02 (both in the same main project folder). Make them look different so it is more obvious visually.

Now open one of those 2 projects and open stripper. Leave stripper window open and open the other project in the same main project folder and you will still have the same controls from the current project, NOT the new one. The new ones are gone and were overwritten by the previous script-data.

yeees, it works without the #

Seems like looking in different subfolders confuses it.

My workaround is the macro I just did:
- ReaScript: close all running ReaScripts
- File: Open Project

This way I can keep my folders organized and not loose scriptdata. The only really minor drawback is that I have to reopen the stripper window after changing to another project, but I like that more than having all stripperdata in one folder and in a massively huge list which is hard to keep track of
Ok - I'll look into trying to get it working with the # symbol.

And in the meantime you've found something that works ok
Old 04-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #2992
lb0

Soon...

Update available.

New CTL OPTIONS 3 page:

First three options disable redrawing of background on control refresh (ie. when it gets redrawn). This has consequences - text that is not completely on top of opaque parts of the control image will be messed up (value mainly).

Click through option needs to be set on the meter controls so that they do not receive the mouse clicks - and any other overlaid control does.

Anyway - your call if you want to use the new features (purely to allow the sort of overlaid meter/control Timbralzoom requested). They might be useful for other things - don't know yet.

AND - RJ's request for separate colour/size for param name/value on a control is also added.

Please note - I had to change a bug which showed up and annoyed the hell out of me while adding this feature. The bug wasn't noticeable or a problem when size was controlled together - now they can be independent - the bug was annoying. In fixing this bug - it made ALL text for controls move in all saved projects/strips.

However - I've done my best to detect when this has happened (by checking file versions) - and think I've covered everything. I gathered users might complain if suddenly all their strips needed editing!!

So I've done my best to do this transparently. Once all projects are loaded and resaved - there will be no extra overhead checking for this problem (the corrections will be saved in the new data file).

Strip files will be corrected when required - but if you resave the strip files - they won't need correcting each time the strip is loaded. But this is nearly instant anyway.

So hopefully you won't notice any problems.

Also - LINK button - keeps the resizing/colour choosing of the text for controls as before (ie. linked).

EDIT:

Timbral - here's an example of the controls that will work with the new feature. Note - where the green is - there must be opaque colour behind the whole travel of the green strip at all times - as transparency here would leave artifacts when the control is redrawn. That's the main requirement.

I also split the image into L + R - but I guess you would have done that had it all worked correctly in your test.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Timbral_EditedCircleMeter.zip (74.6 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by lb0; 04-29-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #2993
RJHollins

"AND - RJ's request for separate colour/size for param name/value on a control is also added."

oooo ... the new split feature sizing and color works great !

THANK-YOU !
Old 04-29-2017, 06:59 PM   #2994
RJHollins

Testing tonite ... hit a snag.

I was experimenting with the Mouse Sensitivity setting [def: 5].

I was hoping I could adjust how much wheel scrolling was needed to move a Knob through STEPPED values.

The 'snag'. I adjusted to some extremes of the settings ... but now the Knobs do not even move anymore. No matter what I do.

I tried setting the value back to the default=5 ... no change ... knos are frozen, and not moving via the wheel nor the mouse drag.

The question remains: what does the Wheel sensitivity setting do ? .... and how to get knobs working again ?

--- EDIT ---

I got the knobs working by closing the project, and reloading the STRIP ... so all good on that.

But something not right in MS area.

Last edited by RJHollins; 04-29-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #2995
Win Conway

Are there any instructions for this thing anywhere, videos that you have to read are not for me, PDF is fine
To be clear i have no problems creating dials and such and assigning them to parameters, but somebody mentioned that you could make step sequencers as such with it ?

Last edited by Win Conway; 04-30-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Win Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:34 AM   #2996
timbralzoom

First thing first..Thank you so much!

two off topic question
1-may i get that handsome knob in the gif? to test exactly what i need...
because seems its overlaps already,
but while tweaking doesn't glitch/disturb the meter at all

EDIT for Q1:
ah! i realized knob BYPASS BG CTL must be active...but still i would love to have that handsome

2-is there is a way to split image to L+R easily
or have to create one by one? (<- not so important)
and a final as a tip
knobs sometimes becomes to un-clickable/un-selectable in the Edit mode...
seems meters must be added after the knob to the grid...
or just clone the meter and delete the old one.

final EDIT for knob BYPASS BG CTL:

it does this with some knobs but adds brightness to all...
pressing to 7 or switching between EDIT / LIVE refreshes...

more clear one :

still testing.

and ..action!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-30-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:49 AM   #2997
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Are there any instructions for this thing anywhere, videos that you have to read are not for me, PDF is fine
To be clear i have no problems creating dials and such and assigning them to parameters, but somebody mentioned that you could make step sequencers as such with it ?
for the Step sequencer topic you need a vst..
i am using this two fresh new sequencers
(HY-MPS and HY-SEQ16x3)
http://hy-plugins.com/plugins/vst/vst-instrument/
here is the example vid.(sorry no voice over ..terrible English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0pG_b5Gz4

or we need to some bravehearth JS coders
who will create Host IDs for the Note + Velocity parameters of the Sequencer Megababy
even 1 note row with Note number selector would enough in this case.

EDIT:
forgot to say.. Thank you for all the great videos you share!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:40 AM   #2998
lb0

Ok - i'll answer some of your questions now - but only got a little time:

RJ - Will look into mousewheel issue.

Timbral:

The knobs are getting brighter because they contain partial transparency in the graphic. You cannot use knobs with partial transparency without drawing the background (BG). Just won't work - so you'll need to use knob graphics with no partial transparency I'm afraid.

Regarding splitting into left and right - I just took the full image PNG - then loaded into paint.NET and decreased the canvas size to only select the portion I needed. Paint.NET has useful anchoring when adjusting the canvas size - so it selects the left or right portion of the graphic. Took me a couple of minutes. You only need to change the canvas width - so one canvas resize command will do it.

I'll send you the knob I used - I think I created this one using knobman 3D online - but will send you my rendered knobs and I think I have the URL somewhere so you can edit if you need to.

I'm aware of the selected a control that's behind another control issue. Will have a think how best to solve - but using separate L+R meters helps - as you can just grab the control in the middle between the meters easier.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:56 AM   #2999
timbralzoom

Quote:
Ok - i'll answer some of your questions now - but only got a little time:

RJ - Will look into mousewheel issue.

Timbral:

The knobs are getting brighter because they contain partial transparency in the graphic. You cannot use knobs with partial transparency without drawing the background (BG). Just won't work - so you'll need to use knob graphics with no partial transparency I'm afraid.

Regarding splitting into left and right - I just took the full image PNG - then loaded into paint.NET and decreased the canvas size to only select the portion I needed. Paint.NET has useful anchoring when adjusting the canvas size - so it selects the left or right portion of the graphic. Took me a couple of minutes. You only need to change the canvas width - so one canvas resize command will do it.

I'll send you the knob I used - I think I created this one using knobman 3D online - but will send you my rendered knobs and I think I have the URL somewhere so you can edit if you need to.

I'm aware of the selected a control that's behind another control issue. Will have a think how best to solve - but using separate L+R meters helps - as you can just grab the control in the middle between the meters easier.
Thank you for all Leon!
&
Have a nice weekend.
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUlN...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-30-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #3000
lb0

Quote:
Thank you for all Leon!
&
Have a nice weekend.
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUlN...ature=youtu.be
Here's the knobman3D url:

http://g200kg.github.io/knobman3d/?d...VhIjoiMCJ9fV19

You need to tweak the shadow (bottom right) - as it's set to 0 - but always comes up with a shadow switched on (and as shadows are definitely transparent - they need to be off).

EDIT: Also - knobman3D is pretty glitchy - and can be very slow to render with some settings - so keeping it simple makes it usable.

To export the control - the export button doesn't work for me - so when it generates the vertical frame strip when you go into the export screen - just right-click it and 'Save As Image' or whatever the option is in your browser.