Old 08-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
pjleduc
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for collaborators for Jazz project

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right section (I am new to forums and this site). I am looking for people that would like to collaborate on a Jazz project I have started on SkyTracks.io. It is a new platform and I am not too used to it yet... I was wondering if anyone had tried it yet? I currently use Reaper and export my tracks in SkyTracks.io (it acts like a dropbox).
I can also film professional videos and that platform lets us insert videos in the project. Please reply if anyone is interested to collaborate.
pjleduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
Knut

Hi there, is it a specific type of Jazz you are creating?
What instruments do you use?
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjleduc View Post
Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right section (I am new to forums and this site). I am looking for people that would like to collaborate on a Jazz project I have started on SkyTracks.io. It is a new platform and I am not too used to it yet... I was wondering if anyone had tried it yet? I currently use Reaper and export my tracks in SkyTracks.io (it acts like a dropbox).
I can also film professional videos and that platform lets us insert videos in the project. Please reply if anyone is interested to collaborate.
Sounds interesting pjleduc, is there any way to hear what's being done.

I mean I'd have to hear what the varying projects sound like and where they're going before I'd know if I could or would want to participate, right.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
agfrag

pjleduc, as a jazz bass player (and currently playing other even stranger instruments) I have been pondering collab. The site you mentioned is not too expensive, but I think, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong..., that the collab sub forum here aims to do the same thing. I'll be diving into this but as Reaper users I suspect it is no big deal to ask anyone to contribute to a tune or project or what have you and boom, you're off to the races per se.

Does that sound about right?
Old 09-16-2015, 03:58 AM   #5
agfrag

I think I may have had it wrong. Most of the posts here are about Reaper music, and not a lot about collab... my bad!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfrag View Post
I think I may have had it wrong. Most of the posts here are about Reaper music, and not a lot about collab... my bad!
Hi agfrag, actually this is a collab thread, there just aren't may jazz folks posting here. I'm always interested in things in the jazz and funky direction.

My problem is that at one time I was not to bad a guitar player, but in my older age, my left hand went kind of numb on me, so I had to put the guitar down.

However, I'm still interested in what others are doing. There are ways I might be able to contribute, maybe with some midi, or just some inspirational comments.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote