Old 05-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #81
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

Am having a little problem -
got the latest version of your excellent extension - am using the marker actions and finding some actions just don't run as it hits the marker. (in beta 6 and 7 at least)- a few don't and a few do - i wanted an arm track 1 marker eg. which is !25 (33 for trk 2 also)
they run fine from the actions window, but as a macro marker nothing happens..
I checked 'stop' (!1016) and the number for 'split' which work fine - so i cannot fathom what the issue is.

hoping this could be confirmed or denied as bit bizarre.

thanks again.

edit: 'tentative' findings are that custom actions and actions whose ID's are less than 4 characters long are not working.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 05-07-2009 at 07:25 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #82
sws
Code Monkey

BenK, yes I can confirm. I think I can work around this in the code, but I'm about to head out for a weekend trip. I'll post something next week.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #83
BenK-msx

cheers! enjoy the trip too.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #84
sws
Code Monkey

BenK, custom action markers and markers < 1000 are working now, just download the latest and you should be set.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #85
Bevosss

Hey sws, are your marker and region reordering actions still coming back? I use yours from the rightclick menu in the marker window often, so I might hold off on this one if they're still coming (or not.)
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #86
BenK-msx

Sweet sws - just checked and seems ok - thanks alot for the uber promptness!

I intend to use this to setup some live perfomance projects - switching from rhythm guitar fx to lead and back and all that stuff depending on where you are in the track!
the mind boggles...
Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #87
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Hey sws, are your marker and region reordering actions still coming back? I use yours from the rightclick menu in the marker window often, so I might hold off on this one if they're still coming (or not.)
Yup, they're back in this version, forgot to mention that!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #88
BenK-msx

just realized that 'region actions' are possible too - neat... was that there before? handy also that markers within a region retain their position.

one FR that occurred to me was visibility options for regions/markers in the actual marker list
e.g so showing only regions or only markers?

not a biggy but worth mentioning.

excellent stuff.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 05-12-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #89
sws
Code Monkey

Default New features

Hello everyone,

I have added some new features for zooming to the SWS extension. The full list of new actions is here. The most interesting is probably "SWS: Toggle zoom to selected items".

Here's an example. Select the item you want to inspect, and optionally make a time selection:

Bind "SWS: Toggle zoom to selected items" to an easy key (I used "D"), and then you're zoomed in, like so:

Press the key once more and you've returned to the original view.

Let me know what you think!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #90
NoiseMan

I can't express how cool this is... I seem to lack superlatives in English. So let's put it like this:

Isch einfach nume abgfahre, bisch ä geilä Siech!

Thanks a bunch mate!
NoiseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #91
Jeffos
Mortal

just usefull, as always... Thanks SWS!
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #92
Bevosss

Yayyy!

You rock sws! I've been waiting for a recallable zoom toggle since day one...thank you so much, I can finally ditch those dodgy, unreliable macros. It even zooms to selected areas of selected items and back...nice! That's gonna save me LOTS of scrolling around time.

Thanks again mate...

Last edited by Bevosss; 05-20-2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: I'm a knucklehead...
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #93
BenK-msx

v nice! v. handy indeed. Thanks alot.

more Q than anything but is it conceivable to zoom to regions anytime?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #94
Kainer

Sounds Ubergreat!
Good work!

Any chance to see this for mac-version?

http://kainerweissmann.de
Kainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #95
semiquaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainer View Post
Sounds Ubergreat!
Good work!

Any chance to see this for mac-version?
+1
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #96
bennals

my understanding was that it was coming to mac soon, but that was a while ago. Is that still on the cards SWS?

Bill.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #97
merdave

Thanks for your extensions! The new zoom actions are great.

Is it possible to do a "SWS: Maximize selected track(s)"?

Your minimize selected track(s) works great but I also would like to maximize just a selected track in a folder and leave the other tracks minimized.

I have tried various action combos but I haven't found one that works in a folder.

Any ideas on how to do this?

EDIT: finally figured how out to do this. If you select one of the folder tracks and if that selected track is armed, then collapse the folder and open it again, the selected track will be maximized. If you select another armed track, it will be maximized.

When you go to collapse the folder again, instead it will just minimize the selected track. Collapse the folder again and it will collapse. If you open the folder again, the selected, armrd track will be maximized. Any selected, unarmed track will not be maximized.

It all makes sense once you see the whole sequence.

Last edited by merdave; 05-22-2009 at 05:44 PM.
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 AM   #98
Alex_HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdave View Post
Thanks for your extensions!
+1000!

Track list - very great feature, another thanks for it.It seems to me, would be nice to add there columns like mute, solo, rec arm, phase, fx bypass and similar. It would be very comfortable track manager.
Alex_HS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #99
j79

just a humble thank you to sws here...its amazing what your work does to my workflow. Much appreciated!
j79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #100
billybk1

Thanks again for your efforts sws! That new Toggle zoom to selected items will come in real handy I suspect. Let me go download the latest update.....

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #101
billybk1

I just tried it (using the "D" key also) and it works a treat!
A single keystroke toggle to max/min zoom any selected items. NICE!

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #102
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybk1 View Post
A single keystroke toggle to max/min zoom any selected items. NICE!
Yes, it is very nice indeed! My regret is I didn't bother trying to do it myself first...
Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #103
BenK-msx

just set up the zoom thing, and wow!
always seems that getting the view to do what you want is key in speed and ease of working.

just for a hoot i made a mini-macro using select item under mouse and the sws toggle zoom, then assigning it the mousewheel... (<<< crazy.. stop that man !)
which i have normally acting as just scroll up and down, with zoom assigned to ps2 analog sticks.

well it works a treat i must say, just point with mouse, nudge mouse wheel a clik, and bang you are in, nudge MW again and you are zoomed out for context, then back in somewhere else etc. v quick!
I didn't realise if there is a time selection it zooms to that (and track), so for just item zooming, i created an action button in the corner that clears time selection, tho I may assign a key also.

so with minimal mousing and zero button bashing i get a really intuitive zooming in and out experience.

I think its the quick zoom out to a consistant view that does it, brings context and overview very quickly..

so uh yeh, i like it.

look forward to any future treats. thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #104
zappsunzorn

I love the way you can right click the tab of the docked tracklist to access the tracklist snapshots! (Thank you Mercado Negro for pointing this out!) Can we have the same thing when right clicking the snapshots tab? Perhaps it would be good to have a box to select the snapshots that are available when you right click the tab (kind of like the flag to show actions in the actions menu).
zappsunzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #105
Mr. Data

Thank you SWS!

As ever, I appreciate your good work.

-Data
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #106
plamuk

would be cool if SWS tracklist had actions to show/hide predefined tracks/track groups instead of just "selected track"

that way, you could use it in combination with sws marker action to show/hide unused tracks at that moment of your arrangement.

ie, say you have drums for 16 bars
in the latter 8 bars, a tamborine comes in
at the 8 bar mark, you could have a marker action that says "show tamborine track"

this way you could have tracks come in and out as their moment comes...

any support for this idea?
plamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #107
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym View Post
would be cool if SWS tracklist had actions to show/hide predefined tracks/track groups instead of just "selected track"...
All of that is totally doable now, albeit slightly fiddly. Check out Mercado Negro's screencap for a good example. Also, with the Snapshots window, you can also create "selection groups" by checking only the "selection" box, selecting your track groups, and saving a snapshot. Clicking on the snapshot (or bind some keys to SWS: Recall snapshot X") restores that track selection. Then you can run any of the many actions that deal with selected tracks.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #108
Bevosss

Hi sws, I meant to reply to you on chat the other day but got cut off before I did, so sorry!

One thing that's been bugging me about the snapshots/track visible thing is, when you add a new track to your project, it gets added to all the snapshots you've set up...which isn't desirable for me since I have to re-edit and save them all again.

So have I missed some option, or is it possible to modify that so they don't get added to my current snapshots? I checked it on R3 and it's still like that.

Cheers if you can change that sws, and thanks in advance!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #109
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Hi sws, I meant to reply to you on chat the other day but got cut off before I did, so sorry!

One thing that's been bugging me about the snapshots/track visible thing is, when you add a new track to your project, it gets added to all the snapshots you've set up...which isn't desirable for me since I have to re-edit and save them all again.

So have I missed some option, or is it possible to modify that so they don't get added to my current snapshots? I checked it on R3 and it's still like that.

Cheers if you can change that sws, and thanks in advance!
Bevosss I've talked about this with sws in the past and it's a really difficult decission to take because there are many variables we should consider. I'd vote for an option in snapshot window to "ignore new tracks" so if we add a new track and then we add it to snapshot X it wouldn't be recalled in any other snapshot (only on that/those one(s) we have added it). I'd like to read any other idea from users and you
Old 05-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #110
sws
Code Monkey

Hey Bevosss,

Yeah, I know about the new track issue. To clarify what's going on, the snapshot saves the state of all the tracks that exist when you create the snapshot. If you recall a snapshot later and there's new tracks, it ignores them. So it's not "adding" the new tracks, it just doesn't change the state. I have an action, "Add selected track(s) to all snapshots" that was designed to help. So, select your new tracks, hide them, run "Add selected track(s) to all snapshots", recall the snapshot you want the tracks to appear in, show the tracks, then right click on that snapshot and pick "Add selected track(s) to snapshot" or run the action "Add selected track(s) to current snapshot." Whew, not much fun right?

Something should be done to make this better.
Here's a couple ideas:
1) If a track didn't exist when a snapshot was created, hide it on recall. That would be fine for many situations, but not the "show all" type. You'd still have to manually add the new track to the snapshot(s) you want it to appear in.
2) Ask the user - put up a box for "Snapshot recall: There are new tracks since you last recalled this snapshot. Would you like to Hide/Show/Ignore them?"

Last edited by sws; 05-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #111
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post

1) If a track didn't exist when a snapshot was created, hide it on recall. That would be fine for many situations, but not the "show all" type. You'd still have to manually add the new track to the snapshot(s) you want it to appear in.
That'd be my pic, since I usually only need one 'All Tracks' snapshot...I'd just add it to that, done! Anything else I want it in I can add manually, which is faster than removing it from snapshots.

Thanks for considering this sws!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 AM   #112
BenK-msx

just a note: your latest version SWS - my custom action IDs no longer work as action markers... they were large (53359) etc.
reinstalled previous and was fine.so 1 2.0.86 = working. latest (not sure v # - not)

cheers
Old 05-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #113
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
just a note: your latest version SWS - my custom action IDs no longer work as action markers... they were large (53359) etc.
reinstalled previous and was fine.so 1 2.0.86 = working. latest (not sure v # - not)
Fixed in new build #93. Apologies!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #114
BenK-msx

wow - you're taking "prompt" to whole new levels!

many thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #115
Fabian

I cannot seem to get the action "Markers: Next marker/project end", id 40173, to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I name a marker "!40173" (without the "", of course) and expect the cursor to jump to the next marker when it hits that. This should be the behavior, right?

But what happens instead is that when the play cursor passes the "!40173" marker it immediately jumps back to it and replays a short part of the item a few times, and then the playing continues through the part I expected to be skipped. I am not sure if it always re-plays the same number of times, I can experiment more tomorrow if necessary.

Anyone else seen this?

Reaper 3.0, SWS 1.2.0#93
Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #116
BenK-msx

hi fabian, just looked and seems next marker/end project moves the play&edit cursor from where you started playback to the marker after that, (so reapers 'next marker' is what you think is the current one)
and then its seeking time you then witness, as smooth seeking (seek at end of measure) is probably on too.
you can either:
turn smooth seeking off and try that.
maybe make a macro that turns it off and has goto next marker in, and use that in the action marker, (!)

or make macro along lines of:
stop
next marker/end project
play

and use that as your action marker.

so you can then keep smooth seeking on all the time.

also there are goto marker x (upto #10) actions you can use instead, that may work more as expected than 'next marker'.

mad stuff.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 05-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #117
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
I cannot seem to get the action "Markers: Next marker/project end", id 40173, to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Reaper's "next marker" action is a little odd... Try it manually, you'll see what I mean. When you repeatedly hit "next marker" (']' here) it will actually jump backwards to the previous marker when the cursor is still close. Maybe Cockos can fix this for us.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #118
politcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Hello everyone,

I have added some new features for zooming to the SWS extension. The full list of new actions is here. The most interesting is probably "SWS: Toggle zoom to selected items".
can you (or maybe Xenakios) add toggle selected automation lane height A/B?

or get Xenakios' toggle selected track heights A/B to include the automation lanes

thx!

Last edited by politcat; 05-29-2009 at 04:41 AM.
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 AM   #119
Fabian

Benk and SWS,
Thanks for your comments.

I see now... when playing the cursor jumps back, not forward on the action. That is strange, surely must be a bug.

When not playing, the action works as expected, the cursor jumps forward no matter how close it is to the previous marker.

This is with smooth seeking off. With smooth seeking on, manually moving the cursor doesn't seem to work at all...
Old 06-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #120
Mudchild

Hi SWS

Don't know if this has already been covered, but the snapshots function of your extension seems to be broken here - well in one project anyway. I click on a recently-saved snapshot to retrieve it, and a dialogue box comes up for 'Arpeggiator' (which I'm not even using) trying to find a MOD file (Arpeggiator Module Parameters). I hit Esc, it tells me This preset could not be loaded! It then asks me to find it 3 more times before Reaper just crashes.

Hmm it only seems to be happening in one particular project so far, not sure what the salient circumstances are...
Mudchild is offline   Reply With Quote