Maybe Sometimes 1 14.29%
I donīt care 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Der Schimi
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Internal Input Routing for Recording

Reaper is really a great DAW.
But it lacks the option to record each channel in another channel as Input.

For example: if I have a drum machine (in my case Spark Le) and has these multioutputs and I play with it a bit, I would like to record seperate tracks of each channel like Kick, Snare, Hi Hat... . And at the same time use the input fx, for tape saturation or pre-amps.

Or you have played chords in a Vst synth and they are running and you want to play live with the filter or the envelopes. If you then on another channel can choice the input from for example "track synth" and put in the input fx distortion and then record this.

Or you play with your midicontroller and mixing your track live and can then select the masterbuss as input on another channel to record.

And as it is now is the input FX not to use.

I will not bounce, this is something else. And this feature is missing, i think itīs very important for workflow und people they donīt have real instruments or interfaces with 16 in/outputs.
Der Schimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
mschnell

Recording something that is not a physical input to the DAW makes sense only in very rare cases. It's possible via appropriate routing, but not a feature that should be supported predominantly.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
Der Schimi

It's until now not possible or tell me how to do it.the only thing that is possible is to route the spark outputs on seperate channels but then you can't don't use the input fx and can't record it. It's only possible to bounce and this is not the same!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
mschnell

I suppose you are somehow thinking in the wrong direction....

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
ashcat_lt

I'm not completely clear on what you're looking for. It kind of seems like you're asking for a couple separate things. I understand that there's a language barrier, but if you could try to describe things a little more thoroughly, we could probably help better.

So, I'm not sure this helps, but every track in Reaper can be set up to record its own output. Right click the record arm button, and choose mono, stereo, multichannel, or midi with or without latency compensation. This way you can record things that have been sent from other tracks and can use the actual insert FX the way you seem to want to use Input FX.

Does that get you anywhere closer?
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
Der Schimi

I have tryed to Record the snare Track with phaser as Input fx, but it doesn't work. When i use spark as multiout with 16tracks i can't record each Channel with Input Mono or Stereo. The only thing that works is Record out Stereo or mono. And if i do that i can't use the input fx. When i arm the Record button there is nothing to see on the Meter. Do i anything wrong?
Old 06-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Der Schimi

@ ashcat it: but i gonna try it like you say again when i'm home. Thx
Old 06-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
ashcat_lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schimi View Post
I have tryed to Record the snare Track with phaser as Input fx, but it doesn't work. When i use spark as multiout with 16tracks i can't record each Channel with Input Mono or Stereo. The only thing that works is Record out Stereo or mono. And if i do that i can't use the input fx. When i arm the Record button there is nothing to see on the Meter. Do i anything wrong?
Yeah, well, you can't use Input FX that way because they only apply to actual "physical" inputs. Use the regular insert FX instead.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #9
Der Schimi

Default Solved

Many thanks ashcat_it. itīs working.