Old 06-23-2017, 03:19 AM   #1
Tele18
Human being with feelings

Default Reamp and Reaper Set-up?

Hi everyone,

I just got a Radial RMP Reamp box and am having trouble getting it to work properly. Just to test it I'm trying to run a Boss reverb pedal onto a clean D.I. guitar track. I have the reamp box and cables hookup properly but I don't think I'm setting up Reaper correctly. I will tell you how I hooked it up:
1. Recorded a clean D.I. guitar track.
2. Then made a second track named "Reamp"
3. I clicked route on the first original track and clicked add new send. I selected "Reamp" and selected prefader. Then turned the fader all the way down on the original track.
4. I go to Audio Hardware Output and select Line 3. (I use 1 and 2 for my monitors)
5. I unchecked master/parent send.
6. On my reamp track I arm it and put record monitoring on.

What is happening is I can hear the reverb but very subtly. Even having all the knobs on the reverb all the way up I get barley any reverb. Also when I try to set the gain on the reamp track I get a very bad high pitched feedback noise. When I hit record at a lower gain setting and listening back all I hear is the little bit of reverb and no original track along with it.

I'm using the Radial reamp box, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio interface with MixControl (could possiblly be something wrong in there?), and Reaper.

I'm new to reamping and have very basic knowledge on Reaper so I was hoping someone could give me a very simplified step-by-step of how to set this up. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Tele18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
ashcat_lt
Human being with feelings

Step 3 is unnecessary and unwanted.

You didn't specify, but the hardware Send should be on the original DI track, and should probably also be prefader, though if you've unchecked Master/Parent, then you don't have to bring the fader all the way down because it's not going anywhere else after the fader anyway.

Then it should just work. The signal from the original track goes out line 3 to whatever and then back into the reamp track. I can't tell you anything about using the Radial box except that it's probably not necessary for this application.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote