Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
anttipi
Human being with feelings

Default Ozone 5: glitching on Master buss, not on individual track

I'm having trouble running Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced in Reaper x64.

1) At low latencies, when the Ozone 5 module is in the Master buss, there's horrible glitching and drop-outs. However, when I cut-paste the same instance of the plugin on an individual mixer track -> no glitches whatsoever. What's going on here? It looks like it's the multiple receives that is causing issues for some reason. I don't get it because there's still just 2 channels of audio for it to process - surely the plugin doesn't 'care' how many tracks it's being routed from?

2) Ozone reports my total system latency as being in excess of 600ms! I find that very strange: my system DPC latency is around 20 picoseconds and Reaper reports ~1.7/2.5ms. All drivers are up-to-date and the system is optimized for audio (no antivirus running on the background, LAN disabled, all automatic updates disabled, processor at constant clock speed etc. etc.)

System specs:
Windows 7 64bit & Reaper x64 (latest version)
Intel i7-3820 @4.3Ghz
Asus P9X79 motherboard
RME HDSPe AIO PCIe soundcard
Samsung 830 128GB SSD (for OS & recording)
2 x OCZ Vertex 2 128GB in RAID0 (for samples)
NVidia Geforce ENGT520 Silent GPU
anttipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
turban2k

Not that it directly answers your question, but are you sure using Ozone in a low latency environment is a good idea? It's a mastering plugin, and I know from experience it isn't intended to have low latencies (tried using it myself, Ozone 4).

Are you trying to use it live?
turban2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
earlabs

Good remark! In my opinion low latency is interesting when recording stuff when you need immediate feedback.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
anttipi

Sure, you don't need to mix at ultra-low latencies. And I know Ozone is by no means latency free. I use the component modules of Ozone 5 Advanced quite a lot on my tracks though.

I'm just puzzled why the (master) buss especially is affected? Is it because of Reaper, Ozone or something else? Like I said, it seems like it's got something to do with the number of receives though that makes no sense to me.

Maybe it's just the inherent latency of Ozone then and nothing "wrong" with my new build. I guess that's what I was mostly worried about.
anttipi is offline   Reply With Quote